• Havarti
    • Feta
    • Cream Cheese
    • Pepper Jack
    • Cottage Cheese
    • Gruyere
    • Other (explain)

I'm a cheese freak. Can't choose. In my fridge right now there's both white &

yellow American, aged swiss, sharp cheddar (sliced and shredded), colby jack, pimento spread, and bleu crumbles. I usually get a port wine ball for the weekend. 

If I had the space & the money, I'd have a cheese aisle in my house. :lol:

2 minutes ago, LLandryistheshiz said:

Ricotta

😳Da ****? That's the one I don't consider cheese...no flavor. 

All those cheeses are amazing because, you know, CHEESE!   Each one stands well alone or compliments certain flavors and textures.  But I chose "other" because I LOVE LOVE LOVE smoked gouda.  I love anything smoked anyway but the creaminess of gouda and the smoky flavor it adds to any dish makes it my personal favorite.

40 minutes ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

Poll is public. 

Looking to see which of you philistines are going to choose American.

I swear I picked American before I even saw this.

It's not that I think it's the best on it's own, but because every time I get a burger or egg sandwich or grinder I always get American I kinda felt obligated to choose it.

Cheddar is my favourite cheese by far, although I've never heard of sharp Cheddar.  We usually have mild, medium, mature, extra mature and vintage. I go through phases of preferring mature or extra mature.

Unfortunately I'm cutting at the moment (fat-loss), so cheese is off the menu for the next eight to twelve weeks :(

Can't pick just one.  It depends on what you're pairing it with.  I don't think I ever eat cheese just by itself.  Cheddar for a grilled cheese sandwich paired with tomato soup.  Swiss with ham, pastrami or on a reuben.  Goat cheese with fruit like a fig spread or in a salad with walnuts and cranberries.   Blue cheese with bacon in a salad or on a burger.  Mozzarella on a pizza or fresh with basil and tomato.  Parmesan is practically a condiment that you sprinkle or grate over pasta (or that I add to my mashed potatoes).

I've been using mozzarella in my omelettes lately and it's a total game changer.  

1 hour ago, redskinss said:

I swear I picked American before I even saw this.

It's not that I think it's the best on it's own, but because every time I get a burger or egg sandwich or grinder I always get American I kinda felt obligated to choose it.

Can't lie, American is pretty good on a burger.  

Archived