Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

FAREWELL to the NFL Dwayne Haskins QB Ohio State

PCS

21 minutes ago, Darrell Green Fan said:

Someone has to explain to me how a QB can play 2 years at one of the top programs in the country and in his 2nd season as a professional and still has poor mechanics.  

Because they win a lot because they are more talented than everyone else. Finer details aren’t really all that important to someone like Urban Meyer or Ryan Day. They have guys running wide ass open 24-7 so long as the ball gets there, who cares?

11 hours ago, TheShredder said:

Where did you hear that from Cooley?  I lost track of him.

Kevin Sheehan Podcast 

https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/the-kevin-sheehan-show/id1435515037?i=1000492027203

Just listened to Cooley. Saw the exact same thing he saw. Not sure what you can call as an offensive coordinator when you have a statue of a qb who can't throw the ball accurately. It's pretty much the worst combination. I hate to say it but he reminds me a little bit of Jamarcus Russell. And what's crazy is he has a worse QBR than Jamarcus did. I've supported skins players for 3 decades so it hurts me a little to be so critical of a player we drafted, but Rivera and his regime bring us a fresh start, a complete cutting of the cord. 

3 minutes ago, HTTRDynasty said:

This obsession with QBR is pretty amusing.

It's not perfect and makes some head scratching mistakes, but it's one of the more accurate representations of a qb's performance we have. And I have no clue what you guys are watching because I watch every WFT game and his QBR matches up perfectly with what I see on the field. 

27 minutes ago, httr2020dynasty said:

Just listened to Cooley. Saw the exact same thing he saw. Not sure what you can call as an offensive coordinator when you have a statue of a qb who can't throw the ball accurately. It's pretty much the worst combination. I hate to say it but he reminds me a little bit of Jamarcus Russell. And what's crazy is he has a worse QBR than Jamarcus did. I've supported skins players for 3 decades so it hurts me a little to be so critical of a player we drafted, but Rivera and his regime bring us a fresh start, a complete cutting of the cord. 

Wait now we are comparing him to Jamarcus Russell? Dear lord yes lets compare him to one of the biggest busts, no work ethic, off the field problem, QBs in the last 15 years of football smdh. This is becoming asinine lol, HELL lets just compare him to Ryan Leaf while we are at it, oh please yes make my brain hurt worse.

4 minutes ago, httr2020dynasty said:

It's not perfect and makes some head scratching mistakes, but it's one of the more accurate representations of a qb's performance we have. And I have no clue what you guys are watching because I watch every WFT game and his QBR matches up perfectly with what I see on the field. 

Sorry, Mitch Trubisky with the 3rd highest QBR in 2018 is more than just a "head scratching mistake".  Also, it's not a very stable metric at all compared to the other QB metrics out there.  This has nothing to do with Haskins - I've always been strongly against QBR.

EMLmBi5XYAEepqX?format=png&name=large

EMMJ3z3UUAETQxF?format=png&name=large

2 minutes ago, ZarG3 said:

Wait now we are comparing him to Jamarcus Russell? Dear lord yes lets compare him to one of the biggest busts, no work ethic, off the field problem, QBs in the last 15 years of football smdh. This is becoming asinine lol, HELL lets just compare him to Ryan Leaf while we are at it, oh please yes make my brain hurt worse.

All these fly-by-night fans join just to talk trash when things are low but always seem to disappear when things change. I've been around these boards long enough to see the predictability of their antics. 

2 minutes ago, httr2020dynasty said:

So you guys found one mistake in QBR two years ago. Other than that, it's pretty much what you expect, the good qbs with high qbrs, the bad qbs with low qbrs. Any advanced metric has some mistakes. I don't think Haskins being dead last or second to dead last two years in a row is a mistake. 

Taking into account virtually nothing, sure, go ahead and make that assumption.

Just now, httr2020dynasty said:

So you guys found one mistake in QBR two years ago. Other than that, it's pretty much what you expect, the good qbs with high qbrs, the bad qbs with low qbrs. Any advanced metric has some mistakes. I don't think Haskins being dead last or second to dead last two years in a row is a mistake. 

Two years in a row? The kid hasn't even started a FULL year and most of his games he has started were a different coaching staff (2 HCs), in a completely tanking season with absolutely no help talent or coaching wise. Talk to me when he's had 16 games, a full season, and then show me his QBR. Until then GTFO with this nonsense.

5 minutes ago, PartyPosse said:

All these fly-by-night fans join just to talk trash when things are low but always seem to disappear when things change. I've been around these boards long enough to see the predictability of their antics. 

Couldn't be more wrong. I'm here because I haven't been this excited to be a fan since 2013. I'm excited for the new regime, excited for Rivera. I just want to win and want Rivera to stop making the same mistakes we've made for the last 30 years. 

1 hour ago, HTTRDynasty said:

Hmm... maybe Dwayne isn't in the worst QB situation in the league after Darnold.  At least he doesn't have his own medical staff out to get him.

Live look at the Chargers training facility:

Dr. Nick Riviera Horatio Mccallister GIF - Find & Share on GIPHY

1 minute ago, httr2020dynasty said:

I just want to win and want Rivera to stop making the same mistakes we've made for the last 30 years. 

Like playing quarterback roulette and being generally impatient and trying to compete years before we are even close to competing?

Here for all of you QBR fanatics, this is why the system is flawed:

https://ftw.usatoday.com/2015/11/espn-qbr-stat-worst-stat-tom-brady-behind-ryan-fitzpatrick-what-is-qbr

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/889199-big-flaws-in-espns-total-qbr-exposed-after-tim-tebow-rates-above-aaron-rodgers

etc. etc. 

Finally QBR is based a lot off of how the TEAM is doing, not just the Quarterback as read in this article:

https://www.espn.com/blog/statsinfo/post/_/id/123701/how-is-total-qbr-calculated-we-explain-our-quarterback-rating

it incorporates all of a quarterback’s contributions to winning, including how he impacts the game on passes, rushes, turnovers and penalties. Also, since QBR is built from the play level, it accounts for a team’s level of success or failure on every play to provide the proper context and then allocates credit to the quarterback and his teammate to produce a clearer measure of quarterback efficiency.

At the end of the day QBR is mostly bullcrap.

I wouldn’t say it’s BS. It’s flawed in many ways. It certainly skews towards winning a bit, but... is that really a bad metric? Your QB might be subpar, but if you’re winning... you’re winning. 

And if you’re losing... you’re losing.

No, that’s not totally on the QB or any player/coach in particular. But it speaks to the team atmosphere and culture a bit as well.

It does account for QB play as well.

As with all things, you have to take into account more factors than just QBR. 

But sometimes QBR measures up with the eye test. Sometimes it doesn’t.

QBR is widely used as a metric to evaluate qbs for a reason. If you want to discredit everyone who uses it and the metric itself because it makes a qb you like look bad feel free. In 7 games he had 7 tds/7 ints, threw for less than 180 yards a game, and was dead last in completion %. This year as a team we are dead last in completion %, 2nd to dead last in yards per game. So not sure what exactly you are arguing? That his qbr should be better? That he's been good? Head scratcher for sure. 

8 minutes ago, KDawg said:

I wouldn’t say it’s BS. It’s flawed in many ways. It certainly skews towards winning a bit, but... is that really a bad metric? Your QB might be subpar, but if you’re winning... you’re winning. 

And if you’re losing... you’re losing.

No, that’s not totally on the QB or any player/coach in particular. But it speaks to the team atmosphere and culture a bit as well.

It does account for QB play as well.

As with all things, you have to take into account more factors than just QBR. 

But sometimes QBR measures up with the eye test. Sometimes it doesn’t.

It may have an iota of truth, sometimes, but still very flawed. This is from the first article through week 9 in 2015:

Ryan Fitzpatrick > Aaron Rodgers

Tyrod Taylor >  Ben Roethlisberger

Jay Cutler > Philip Rivers

Brian Hoyer > Russell Wilson

Ryan Mallett > Cam Newton

Ryan Mallett > Matthew Stafford

Ryan Mallett > Andrew Luck

Ryan Mallett > Joe Flacco

Ryan Mallett > Nick Foles

Ryan Mallett > Sam Bradford

This just shows how flawed the system truly is. Mallett obviously isn't a better QB than all of those guyys, but he was playing on the Texans that year... a good texans team, which made a difference. Not to mention he only started in 4 games that season, and played in 6.

Your number 1 WR needs to make this catch, and the 2nd throw here is unbelievable - he shows everything you could want your young qb to show, he goes through his progressions, he doesn’t try to escape, and he makes as filthy a pass as is humanly possible; Gibson has to catch it. 

51 minutes ago, httr2020dynasty said:

People here really can take anything personally. You guys are nuts.

4 minutes ago, volsmet said:

Your number 1 WR needs to make this catch, and the 2nd throw here is unbelievable - he shows everything you could want your young qb to show, he goes through his progressions, he doesn’t try to escape, and he makes as filthy a pass as is humanly possible; Gibson has to catch it. 

Those are great examples--the 1st one is a good pass, however a little more inside and it's a great pass and 6. But yes, McLaurin needs to catch that. That 2nd one though, had that touch and perfect placement. More of that please! These are the ones that make me say he has the ability, he just needs to get more consistent.

Archived