Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

FAREWELL to the NFL Dwayne Haskins QB Ohio State

PCS

15 minutes ago, SoCalSkins said:

Rosen is probably a 6th round pick now. You bring him into camp with Keenum/Colt type and see what Alex can do. I have a Rosen bias because I went to UCLA so it might not be the most objective take. Doesn’t change the fact that Haskins sucks. 

This is your plan and you think everyone else is stupid? 

hahahhahahahahahahaha

‘Morgan Moses is a penalty machine/ Haskins is a bust/ Rosen is an option/ And Santa is a bad ass .....’ (The later seems the most plausible after all he does in one night at his age but I digress .....) 

After catching up on the last good few pages I feel like I’m in an episode of the ‘Twilight Zone’ .....

*Goes to check if it’s a full moon out and the inmates have escaped the asylum. 

Hail.

2 hours ago, SoCalSkins said:

Please provide a quote where I call anyone coming out in the draft a generational talent? I will be waiting forever because I never did. So if you are going to make up garbage at least make up something that’s not so easily refuted.

My argument has been that most first round quarterbacks are busts. That’s not any different for the crop coming out in the next draft. The last guy I would pick is Burrow. He lost the starting job to Haskins at Ohio State then transferred. Losing your job to a bust is not a good sign. Maybe there is a miracle and he steps up in the NFL but it’s a massive red flag. I don’t like any of the other guys in particular either. I would trade with Miami for Rosen, see if Alex Smith can do anything and sign a Keenum type guy. Trade the first for more picks. 

I mighta got you mixed up with LKD.  My bad but in my defense, it's easy tho get things mixed up, this is a 291 page thread about a guy who'd entire NFL career consists of less than 2 games.  Maybe just a bit of over analyzing the kid, who we knew was a project, dont you think?

1 hour ago, Gibbs Hog Heaven said:

‘Morgan Moses is a penalty machine/ Haskins is a bust/ Rosen is an option/ And Santa is a bad ass .....’ (The later seems the most plausible after all he does in one night at his age but I digress .....) 

After catching up on the last good few pages I feel like I’m in an episode of the ‘Twilight Zone’ .....

*Goes to check if it’s a full moon out and the inmates have escaped the asylum. 

Hail.

We could probably mix those up and they could be just as valid.

Santa is a penalty machine (seriously, the dude has a horrible kick step and lunges when run blocking, leading to tons of holding calls when he tries to recover), Rosen is a bust, Haskins is an option, and Morgan Moses is a bad ass (whatever you may think of his play he does have a pretty hardcore beard).

2 hours ago, DJHJR86 said:

Wait...you think Haskins is a bust based off of 1 preseason and 3 appearances in games (and only 1 start), but want to trade for JOSH ROSEN?

Image result for confused gif"

Ya i have read his response 100 times and try and read the humor but i really am starting to think SoCal is serious. I could see something crazy as f like thay happeneing IF it were the end of the season and Haskins just looks luke garbage. But he has one start and barely any practice with the 1st team. It would be like the Skins to juat release Haskins and trade for rosen and then Haskins becomes a pro bowler for like the Saints or something. Just crazy talk man.

16 minutes ago, HoggLife said:

Ya i have read his response 100 times and try and read the humor but i really am starting to think SoCal is serious. I could see something crazy as f like thay happeneing IF it were the end of the season and Haskins just looks luke garbage. But he has one start and barely any practice with the 1st team. It would be like the Skins to juat release Haskins and trade for rosen and then Haskins becomes a pro bowler for like the Saints or something. Just crazy talk man.

I am dead serious about Haskins being a bust. His teammates purposely don’t intercept his passes in practice. It’s like they are playing with a 5 year old and don’t want to bruise his ego because he will cry. There is no recovery from that.

Rosen is in likelihood a bust too but in my biased opinion he has a sliver of chance of becoming a Kirk Cousins type. For a 6th round pick and his next to nothing salary doesn’t hurt bringing him in. But that’s a tangent that has nothing to do with the topic at hand. Haskins is a bust. Whether or not others are busts too is a separate debate but if you are arguing if a player is a bust, usually there is no argument because he is a bust. Including Rosen and Haskins.

1 minute ago, SoCalSkins said:

I am dead serious about Haskins being a bust. His teammates purposely don’t intercept his passes in practice. It’s like they are playing with a 5 year old and don’t want to bruise his ego because he will cry. There is no recovery from that.

Rosen is in likelihood a bust too but in my biased opinion he has a sliver of chance of becoming a Kirk Cousins type. For a 6th round pick and his next to nothing salary doesn’t hurt bringing him in. But that’s a tangent that has nothing to do with the topic at hand. Haskins is a bust. Wether or not others are busts too is a separate debate but if you are arguing if a player is a bust, usually there is no argument because he is a bust. Including Rosen and Haskins.

Oooof. Let’s put it this way, I hope Snyder doesn’t make you his next drinking buddy.

13 minutes ago, SoCalSkins said:

Rosen is in likelihood a bust too but in my biased opinion he has a sliver of chance of becoming a Kirk Cousins type. For a 6th round pick and his next to nothing salary doesn’t hurt bringing him in. But that’s a tangent that has nothing to do with the topic at hand. Haskins is a bust. Whether or not others are busts too is a separate debate but if you are arguing if a player is a bust, usually there is no argument because he is a bust. Including Rosen and Haskins.

You keep repeating this as if it's something that's been said by tons of people over and over. Wasn't this said by one person once? Does that suddenly mean that it happens on every other snap in practice? I'm not saying whoever said it is lying, but we have no way of knowing if that was some one time thing when they were practicing route concepts or if it's something that happens on the regular. You obviously seem to be assuming the latter, without much evidence. 

1 minute ago, mistertim said:

You keep repeating this as if it's something that's been said by tons of people over and over. Wasn't this said by one person once? Does that suddenly mean that it happens on every other snap in practice? I'm not saying whoever said it is lying, but we have no way of knowing if that was some one time thing when they were practicing route concepts or if it's something that happens on the regular. You obviously seem to be assuming the latter, without much evidence. 

He can’t play football at an NFL level. 25% of his passes were interceptions coming off the bench when the game plan was to try and win. They had to devise a game plan for him for his first start that did not involve trying to win the game, simply to protect him from looking completely lost. He’s done. Dude is a bust.

That’s all the evidence there is. You have zero evidence that he won’t be a bust. None. He has done nothing in the NFL that even shows a flash of competence. All his play has been epic bust level. His disinterest, poor preparation, inability to memorize simple watered down calls and teammates purposely not intercepting him are vast amounts of evidence of him being a complete and utter failure relative to  the zero evidence of him being anything else. So if you are saying he’s not a bust, you are basing it on blind faith because there is zero tangible evidence. 

...Q: What has Haskins' development been like since being drafted 15th overall in the 2019 NFL Draft?

Tim Rattay: It’s been a process, and it’s always a process for young guys. The quarterback position has a lot going on, and there’s so many things that he had, just that process of getting better at and he’s done it each week. Each week he’s been here through OTAs and training camp and the season, he’s getting better and better, and he’s learning just all the things: how to prepare, how to practice, just fundamental stuff. I mean there's so many things that we've worked on and he’s willing to get better, and that’s the biggest thing. I’ve been happy with his growth.

What specifically did Haskins show the week of the Bills game that gave the coaching staff confidence he could be the starter for the rest of the year?

TR: As a rookie, that game one is the first week you’re kind of feeling out how to prepare. What do I need to do? And each week he got better and better, and it culminated in him to knowing he’s going to start. He put the time in, put the work in and he was much better in practice. Obviously getting the reps helped, and it showed in the game with his overall demeanor and feel for the offense.

What about his preparation and his mindset? How do you think he's developed in those areas?

TR: It’s just the growth of a young player. Just understanding what he needs to do during a game week to prepare, how much extra he has to put in, knowing what he needs also and just kind of feeling him out to understand, ‘Hey, this is what I need to show him and this is what I need to make sure he knows.' It's all that kind of stuff and just getting to know him, and then it's him also knowing what he needs to make sure that when he walks out there on Sunday he’s comfortable and he’s confident because he's prepared.

14 minutes ago, mistertim said:

You keep repeating this as if it's something that's been said by tons of people over and over. Wasn't this said by one person once?  

Same guy that said Trent would be back around week 2 👀

But dont let his credibility stop you lol

7 minutes ago, SoCalSkins said:

He can’t play football at an NFL level. 25% of his passes were interceptions coming off the bench when the game plan was to try and win. They had to devise a game plan for him for his first start that did not involve trying to win the game, simply to protect him from looking completely lost. He’s done. Dude is a bust.

That’s all the evidence there is. 

Yall dont make this man start using fractions and **** the whole game up. PLEASE! God, dont make him do it. 

11 minutes ago, SoCalSkins said:

That’s all the evidence there is. You have zero evidence that he won’t be a bust. None. He has done nothing in the NFL that even shows a flash of competence. All his play has been epic bust level. His disinterest, poor preparation, inability to memorize simple watered down calls and teammates purposely not intercepting him are vast amounts of evidence of him being a complete and utter failure relative to  the zero evidence of him being anything else. So if you are saying he’s not a bust, you are basing it on blind faith because there is zero tangible evidence. 

Did the dude wallop your sister all over and not call her the next day or something? 

Honest question as I can't begin to fathom this mad agenda you have going on here. 

The only pertinent thing you've said is the bolded. But that's completely negated by you then claiming he is a definitive bust based on next to nothing yourself. 

The fact is NOBODY knows what Haskins will ultimately turn out to be at this level. And for you to completely rubbish him, or anyone prepared to rationally give him time, like any rookie, and proclaim him done so soon suggests you've a complete agenda against him for some unknown reason that get's worse by the passing post. 

Hail. 

2 minutes ago, Llevron said:

Same guy that said Trent would be back around week 2 👀

But dont let his credibility stop you lol

You claimed  DHall never said it then I completely discredited you. Apparently you’re still stinging from it. Maybe recover some credibility first before getting embarrassed again? 

3 hours ago, SoCalSkins said:

Rosen is probably a 6th round pick now. You bring him into camp with Keenum/Colt type and see what Alex can do. I have a Rosen bias because I went to UCLA so it might not be the most objective take. Doesn’t change the fact that Haskins sucks.

hellnah.gif

22 minutes ago, SoCalSkins said:

Couple of things:

First, nowhere in this post did you actually address my point, which was that you're harping on something that one person said once in an interview and extrapolating it out to mean it happens all the time when we don't know that at all. We have no evidence one way or the other. You're just assuming that since one dude said it once that it must mean it happens constantly. Because you've already determined Haskins is a bust.

Second, regarding whether or not Haskins is a bust I have no clue either way. He's literally started 1 game in his career and has played mop up in 2 others so I think it's sort of wild for anyone to make definitive statements one way or the other. I was not a fan of drafting Haskins before we picked him, which you can see in my posts pre-draft. I thought he was too inexperienced, was on a stacked team with a simple offensive system, and had too many mechanical issues to deal with for him to be able to start any time soon at the NFL level.

So far my thoughts on that have mostly been confirmed by evidence. That being said, it's still way too early to try and scream that he's a bust IMO. I want to see how he plays and improves over the rest of this season before I make any sort of definitive statements. When you watch his cutups from OSU you can see him improve as the year goes on. Perhaps that will happen to him here as well, and perhaps not. We'll have to see. 

I know none of this will sway you, and that isn't really my intent. I just wanted to point out that 1) you seem to be hanging your hat on a somewhat nebulous claim by one person and 2) I'm not some sort of Haskins homer.

26 minutes ago, Gibbs Hog Heaven said:

Did the dude wallop your sister all over and not call her the next day or something? 

Honest question as I can't begin to fathom this mad agenda you have going on here. 

The only pertinent thing you've said is the bolded. But that's completely negated by you then claiming he is a definitive bust based on next to nothing yourself. 

The fact is NOBODY knows what Haskins will ultimately turn out to be at this level. And for you to completely rubbish him, or anyone prepared to rationally give him time, like any rookie, and proclaim him done so soon suggests you've a complete agenda against him for some unknown reason that get's worse by the passing post. 

Hail. 

You don’t need a large body of evidence to know you have a bust. We knew we had a  bust with our first round pick in 1996 and he never played a down. There are almost no recent examples of giving up too early on a first round QB who left a team to go on  have success elsewhere. Teams fall for a a sunk cost fallacy and wait too long to move on.

My only agenda is for the Redskins to win as soon as possible. Period. Haskins prevents that for several reasons. One he sucks at NFL level football. Two he is a Dan Snyder overrule of the football people pick, so if he is even remotely good (which he isn’t and never will be) that gives Dan the evidence he needs to do this over and over and worse than than the last 20 years. Three he will result in a Jim Zorn type of hire. No reputable coach or one with opportunities elsewhere will sign up to be tied to this bust. All of this means another 3 to 5 years wasted then rinse and repeat. Need to speed it up. Assume we have busts and move on fast. Stars shine early like McLaurin. 

^this guy has to be trolling. He said “you have zero evidence he won’t be a bust” while at the same time, trying to tell everyone the dudes a bust, which (news flash), you have ZERO evidence he will be a bust. Good lord. GIVE. Him. Time. I bet you thought Peyton Manning was a “bust” too in his first season didn’t you 🤷🏻‍♂️

With respect @SoCalSkins man , that’s utter codswallop. And I can only presume the line about him being a Snyder take (even with the inexperience, I had the traits having him as the top QB prospect coming out last year FWIW. And I’m a Sooner who had a wonderful ride watching Murray. Along with highly reputable scouts like Brugler who were seriously high on his potential too and commended our taking of him at 15. So this line about ‘Redskins football people not wanting him’ is neither here nor there to me. Just different scouting opinions) is what’s behind your patent agenda (which you clearly have. Regardless of how many times you protest the contrary) toward a 1 start rookie.

But it’s painfully obvious you’ve madly made your decision here and won’t be swayed so discussing it is futile. Just amusing how you claim definitives one way and then say nobody could say the same the other. Along with completely ignoring the praise he’s been getting for his preparation and dedication from the current HC and OC.

But I guess that wouldn’t fit the narrative your madly, and falsely, as per his college coaches and this staff, trying to build on him.

Hail.

We have gone through this a few times over the past 15 years on this board. WheneverI have been this vocal and adamant I have been right and vindicated in each instance by time. This one is no different. I tried being wrong once to see what it felt like but it wasn’t for me so I stopped. 😂

You will all come to the same conclusion on Haskins soon enough some sooner than others. I’m just ahead of the curve on it. Don’t feel obligated to bend the knee and kiss the ring when that time comes, but you can if you want. 

20 minutes ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

^this guy has to be trolling. He said “you have zero evidence he won’t be a bust” while at the same time, trying to tell everyone the dudes a bust, which (news flash), you have ZERO evidence he will be a bust. Good lord. GIVE. Him. Time. I bet you thought Peyton Manning was a “bust” too in his first season didn’t you 🤷🏻‍♂️

Incorrect. Plenty of evidence he is a bust.. I provided it in that same post. Maybe reread it? His crap level of play so far, not being able to memorize simple watered down plays, his teammates purposely not intercepting his passes and the reluctance by coaches to play him. 

Most quarterbacks who are drafted are overwhelmingly busts. It’s not a coin flip proposition. So stating he is a bust is not going out on a limb particularly given the results so far. The dude can’t play football at this level.

Archived