Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

FAREWELL to the NFL Dwayne Haskins QB Ohio State

I don't know how to read this one:

I can't tell if he's trashing them or genuinely trying to get coaching from his offensive line. Neither makes sense, but him trashing them would be something SoCalSkins would be pushing so I'm having a really hard time buying it lol

37 minutes ago, Gibbs Hog Heaven said:

Very impressed by his character second half. It would have been easy for him to capitulate. But he hung in there and flashed why we took him where we did. 

For me, in Haskins, given time and patience down to his raw inexperience, Guice, and McLaurin, we have three high potential skill players who can be the backbone of this O for years to come. 

Hail. 

In conclusion you're easily impressed.  Sorry I've seen little to get excited about.  For every good throw he makes he makes 3 or 4 bad ones.  And most of his good ones came in garbage time.  

9 minutes ago, NickyJ said:

I can't tell if he's trashing them or genuinely trying to get coaching from his offensive line. Neither makes sense, but him trashing them would be something SoCalSkins would be pushing so I'm having a really hard time buying it lol

Naw that’s a bad look no matter how you try to read that one......

Like that he won’t last 

• Sad 2
7 minutes ago, drowland said:

In conclusion you're easily impressed.  Sorry I've seen little to get excited about.  For every good throw he makes he makes 3 or 4 bad ones.  And most of his good ones came in garbage time.  

I mean this is the same dude who made a declaration of victory post raving about our one point win against the freaking Dolphins LOL.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

I understand his critics in terms of his play but this looks like he's really soliciting advice on what he can do differently that would, in turn, help them.  It "looks" bad but so did Gary Clark's tantrums and lots of things.  I'm not going to read into it other than he still needs to figure out how to approach actually asking this.

• Thanks 1
4 minutes ago, Llevron said:

They all look like they can’t tell if he’s serious. That’s horrible communication. Just terrible. 

Agree - they are clearly not responding well - I cant make out the entire exchange

Edited by ggarriso

“What do I have to do to get you to stop the holdings on 50 yard bomb passes???”

”What do I have to do to stop the low snaps???”

”What do I have to do to stop the missed blocking assignments????”

Edited by Springfield
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
1 minute ago, Llevron said:

I didn’t watch the game so I dunno but I know people don’t respond to **** like that. I wouldn’t. It could be me tho

Said differently, taking responsibility of your subordinates faults can be a good measure of leadership.  They weren’t really responding to him there, so....

38 minutes ago, NickyJ said:

He’s trashing them. Body language for both him and O-line is confrontational. 

• Like 1
18 minutes ago, Llevron said:

They all look like they can’t tell if he’s serious. That’s horrible communication. Just terrible. 

Yup they clearly look surprised to say the least.

Watching the game I thought that Rouiller made lots of crappy snaps, which is unusual from him.

Now I'm gonna start wondering if it wasn't done on purpose...

Haskins biggest issue is he thinks he has the clout to say and do those things.

It's been his MO since he got drafted. 

That's a maturity issue. And no, that's not knocking him. He is still a kid in essence. That's fixable. But he needs to fix that before anyone even remotely considers him as an even possible franchise guy. 

• Like 3
39 minutes ago, drowland said:

And I can only conclude from that you have no realism/ patience on a 1-year college starter/ 2 game pro starter. On a bad team to begin with no TE help, only one competent receiver and a poor O-line without its all-pro LT who has **** all over his teammates, coaches and every last Redskin fan out there. 

What more exactly where you expecting from him?

Hail. 

Edited by Gibbs Hog Heaven
  • Like 1
8 minutes ago, Springfield said:

Said differently, taking responsibility of your subordinates faults can be a good measure of leadership.  They weren’t really responding to him there, so....

Yea that could be what’s happening. I just didn’t read it that way and wouldn’t be surprised if the other guys didn’t either. But hey I’m no NFL qb I don’t know how those conversations normally go. And maybe they react well to that in the end. 

• TK changed the title to FAREWELL to the NFL Dwayne Haskins QB Ohio State
  • PCS locked this topic