Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Poll: When will Gruden be fired

Riggo-toni

When will El Dano fire Jay Gruden?  

229 members have voted

1. 1. When will El Dano fire Jay Gruden?

• After we lose to the Giants
    • After we get humiliated by the Patriots
    • After we lose to the hapless Dolphins
    • After the end of the season
    • He comes back in 2020

If the Skins lose to the Giants and then get steamrolled by the Pats, which is likely, I could see it happening then.  At the latest, I see it coming during the bye week.  Going into the season, I was thinking it would happen after week 17.  But things are off to such a terrible start, with mass vitriol, and just the way Booger was talking during MNF, I have a feeling it's coming sooner than that.  I also expect the firing of Greg Manusky to happen at the same time.

I expect Bill Callahan to be promoted to interim head coach with Rob Ryan promoted to interim DC.

I hope Dan forces Jay to coach all the remaining games and in the process ruins him for anyone else that might think about hiring him. Don't give him the easy out of being fired. You built this **** team, now deal with the dam consequences. Want him so toxic that even a kids flag football team would look for someone else.

2 minutes ago, l7986 said:

I hope Dan forces Jay to coach all the remaining games and in the process ruins him for anyone else that might think about hiring him. Don't give him the easy out of being fired. You built this **** team, now deal with the dam consequences. Want him so toxic that even a kids flag football team would look for someone else.

Perhaps do a little research on professional football teams and how they operate.

4 minutes ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

I expect Bill Callahan to be promoted to interim head coach with Rob Ryan promoted to interim DC.

Originally, I dreaded the thought of Bill being a head coach after hearing bad things about how he transitioned, but I change my mind. Whenever Callahan walks into a room or the stadium, I want this blasting on loud speakers:

For those Jay Gruden lovers still clutching to the posters on their bedroom walls, keep in mind the Redskins are now 1-9 in their last 10 games, with only 1 game scoring more than 23 points, and only one game allowing less than 23 points.

And thats why he gets fired after an 0-5 start.

If Jay gets fired in the middle of the season, it'll be because either Bruce approved or he didn't put up much of a fight, and his acquiescence might buy him another year or so after Jay's gone. If Jay plays out the rest of the year, wishful thinking can only interpret it as Dan wanting to clean house completely with one fell stroke at the end of the season.

6 minutes ago, Peregrine said:

For those Jay Gruden lovers still clutching to the posters on their bedroom walls, keep in mind the Redskins are now 1-9 in their last 10 games, with only 1 game scoring more than 23 points, and only one game allowing less than 23 points.

Wait...WHAT!?!?!..THERES JAY GRUDEN POSTERS?..WALMART HEAR I COME!!

I have a feeling that Jay wants to be fired. His body language and lack of real emotion after these losses tells me he knows the end is near. I think he's ready to be done with this pathetic team. 

Outside of Norv, Snyder hasn't fired a coach mid-season before. He might let/make Gruden finish the year. 

If the Skins lose to the Giants, and Daniel jones, I think Jay and Manusky are out by Monday.  People keep saying Dan won't because firing Norv in season was a mistake, but the dumb thing about firing Norv was the Skins were 7-6 and still very much in the playoff hunt.  Jay's excuse so far is we've played 3 playoff teams from last year.  Well The Giants are nothing so there's no excuse and dropping 0-3 in the division pretty much does this team in.  

39 minutes ago, ExoDus84 said:

I have a feeling that Jay wants to be fired. His body language and lack of real emotion after these losses tells me he knows the end is near. I think he's ready to be done with this pathetic team. 

Outside of Norv, Snyder hasn't fired a coach mid-season before. He might let/make Gruden finish the year. 

If he doesn't want to be there,  he should quit.  

Who thinks Jay is back in 2020? I would like hear their reasoning.

17 minutes ago, Rdskns2000 said:

If he doesn't want to be there,  he should quit.  

Who thinks Jay is back in 2020? I would like hear their reasoning.

Only way dude comes back is if this team does a complete lol hahaha 180 hahaha lol and go lol hahaha on a win...rotflmao haha streak...lol

1 hour ago, Peregrine said:

Won't happen.  See my reply to ExoDus below.

45 minutes ago, ExoDus84 said:

It's been almost 20 years since he fired Norv and he said in an interview (rare - since he typically avoids the media) like 10 years ago that he made a lot of mistakes early on, citing firing Norv mid-season as one of them.  I don't see it happening until after the season.  With the coaching staff we have, it wouldn't make sense, imo. 

And those dropping Callahan's name, nah.  This team isn't going to magically improve under him and start winning games.  Our defense is putrid, Bill ain't going to be able to fix that.  Snyder has also never fired any coordinators during the season.  I wish that would change this year and we get rid of Manusky immediately.  Not sure why they thought a guy that had the #26, #20, #11 (one near top 10 finish) and #26 ranked defenses would be a good choice for D-coordinator in the first place.

30 minutes ago, drowland said:

If the Skins lose to the Giants, and Daniel jones, I think Jay and Manusky are out by Monday.  People keep saying Dan won't because firing Norv in season was a mistake, but the dumb thing about firing Norv was the Skins were 7-6 and still very much in the playoff hunt.  Jay's excuse so far is we've played 3 playoff teams from last year.  Well The Giants are nothing so there's no excuse and dropping 0-3 in the division pretty much does this team in.  

This team is already done in at 0-3.  And he's said before he wouldn't fire a coach mid-season again.  He could have definitely fired Zorn (year 2), Shanny (year 4) and Spurrier (year 2) before the season was over but he didn't.  And while the Giants aren't a playoff team, neither are we and we are playing them on the road, so it's not going to be an easy game.  

Archived