Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2023-24 Washington Capitals Thread

ixcuincle

I have never understood in hockey how the same team can look so different.  Like why can't they play that way every game?  Clearly they are capable of it.  

But it's not just this team.  It's just one thing I've noticed about hockey over the years of watching it.

1 hour ago, purbeast said:

I have never understood in hockey how the same team can look so different.  Like why can't they play that way every game?  Clearly they are capable of it.  

But it's not just this team.  It's just one thing I've noticed about hockey over the years of watching it.

A few players not doing their jobs drag down the whole team.   Hockey is very fast paced and individual mistakes get quickly amplified.   If the other team only has slightly less players not doing their jobs, they will look all-world.

You know that guy, number 8 for the Caps, he sure can score some goals.  He makes it looks easy 😉

Do the goals in the playoffs count toward his career goals to catch Gretzky, or would Gretzky have a crazy amount more goals given his Oiler teams were good?

I

at least we arent the first team eliminated from the 1st round

40 minutes ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

Has a time for tomorrow been announced yet?

not yet, but probably after the game thats about to start. if Carolina wins and stays in it, CAR/BOS going to get the late game since theyre playing today, and we'll get the afternoon game. if boston wins, we'll get 8PM ET/5 PT again

Edited by mammajamma
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, gbear said:

You know that guy, number 8 for the Caps, he sure can score some goals.  He makes it looks easy 😉

Do the goals in the playoffs count toward his career goals to catch Gretzky, or would Gretzky have a crazy amount more goals given his Oiler teams were good?

I

Nope, postseason stats are separate.  I think Joe B and Locker mentioned that with his goals last night Ovi is now 20th all-time postseason goals.

17 hours ago, mammajamma said:

Canes eliminated... glad we dont have to hear from their fans anymore

also means we probably get the night game tomorrow

And sorry to dredge this up, but we should've taken out the Canes in 5 games last year.  I called it a choke job when the Caps, as defending champs, blew a 2-0 series lead and 2-goal Game 7 lead at home to a young team with journeymen goalies whose best player was knocked out of the series, and a number of posters on here who were probably still on a high from the Cup win the year prior took me to task for it.

Again, it's ridiculous how many Cups this team has left on the table over the past 12 years.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, capcrunch98 said:

And sorry to dredge this up, but we should've taken out the Canes in 5 games last year.  I called it a choke job when the Caps, as defending champs, blew a 2-0 series lead and 2-goal Game 7 lead at home to a young team with journeymen goalies whose best player was knocked out of the series, and a number of posters on here who were probably still on a high from the Cup win the year prior took me to task for it.

Again, it's ridiculous how many Cups this team has left on the table over the past 12 years.

Are you sorry to dredge it up?  Are you also sorry for ignoring that the Capitals themselves were missing key players like T.J. Oshie and Michael Kempny (who was a key player in our cup run before that injury)?

2 hours ago, PokerPacker said:

Are you sorry to dredge it up?  Are you also sorry for ignoring that the Capitals themselves were missing key players like T.J. Oshie and Michael Kempny (who was a key player in our cup run before that injury)?

Yes, because no other team has to deal with injuries to top players during the playoffs.  Oshie got hurt at the tail end of Game 4, just as the Caps were coughing up the series lead including a lifeless stomping in Game 3 which let Carolina back in the series.  Nicky has been out vs. Isles since Game 1; I guess we now have an excuse for why the Caps didn't show up the first 3 games last week.

Backy on the 3rd line to start

Whats the deal with kempny? DIdnt seem like he was playing any worse than our other defensemen this series, and was actually showing a little more hustle than some of the other guys. maybe i missed something though

Edited by mammajamma