Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2023-24 Washington Capitals Thread

ixcuincle

7 minutes ago, Hersh said:

Ovechkin is amazing. Shame there is zero support from the bottom six and the D to this point. 

This is the 3rd period of game 4 and only 3 Caps have goals this series.

the Panik/Kovalchuk/Kuzy line shows heart. (Thanks to Kuzy)

Also, I see Vrana’s got some fire.

I've cried through every Caps playoff heartbreak, dating back to the 80s, and it would really be poetic if they became one of the few teams in league history to climb out of the deepest hole imaginable. But it's not happening in this series, and we all know it. Realistically, the best case scenario is we win another and then go down fighting in Game 6. That could convince management and ownership this team still has something special and the core should be kept together, with some changes to the bottom half of the roster and behind the bench.  Because after Game 3, I was thinking of something drastic - as in trade everyone over the age of 25 not named Ovechkin and hope you can pull off a 2 year rebuild like the Rangers are doing.

Did anyone think the Caps had a chance when we went down 2-0 to Columbus in 2018?

And I personally pretty much gave up on them when they gave up a 2-0 lead to Tampa only to go down 3-2 in the series.

And this is the Islanders. "A team of grinders" as Trythebeal put it. We are way more talented than them.

We can do it. 

Edited by Mournblade
  • Like 2

The problem with the Caps situation is that it's tough to beat a playoff team 4 straight games. Having said that, the Islanders got swept out of the playoffs last year so it's doable against this team. Of course the Caps could also get run next game too.