Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2023-24 Washington Capitals Thread

ixcuincle

Just now, BigDibbs31 said:
1 minute ago, purbeast said:

Vanacek is a rookie and Anderson is a 39 year old vet with playoff experience.

Not saying that I don't want Vanacek to be okay and play, because at this point he's the better goalie or else he wouldn't be the starter, but lack of experience is nothing you should be worrying about.

Andersen has a ton of playoff experience...

Didn't know that.  I think the announcers said that Anderson played in only 4 games this year.  Vanacek is the #1 goalie.  Not saying that Anderson can't get hot.

2 hours ago, Hersh said:

That was the first time since the Cup run that I was really fired up about playoff hockey. I just didn't expect **** when Reirdon was behind the bench. 

Felt the SAME way. I expected this team to win tonight and they did 

so, I’ve heard that games 2, 3 and 4 are on NBCSW. I’m in SC for my brothers wedding for the week, will it be shown to out of state too?

Edited by Cooleyfan1993

38 minutes ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

Felt the SAME way. I expected this team to win tonight and they did 

so, I’ve heard that games 2, 3 and 4 are on NBCSW. I’m in SC for my brothers wedding for the week, will it be shown to out of state too?

yes it will be on the national broadcast for NBCSN

4 hours ago, SkinsFanRob said:

Ok is it just me or should icing not have been called on the shift before we were accessed the penalty that lead to the Bs tying goal. 

im a little tipsy but to me it looked like Raffl was going to win the race. 

I was yelling at the TV on that play.  Raffl had everyone beat to both sides.

4 hours ago, mammajamma said:

Lots of skaters falling down on their own, and lots of stalled pucks. Feel like the ice isn't 100%

I saw about 4 Bruins wipe out trying to forecheck behind our net.

Well that was a shocker. Caps can't win faceoffs, calls were going against them all night and Anderson was giving up rebounds. This team is not playing as they did a month ago, I still don't like their chances. But boy was last night fun.  OT in the NHL playoffs is about as good as sports gets.  

3 hours ago, Darrell Green Fan said:

Well that was a shocker. Caps can't win faceoffs, calls were going against them all night and Anderson was giving up rebounds. This team is not playing as they did a month ago, I still don't like their chances. But boy was last night fun.  OT in the NHL playoffs is about as good as sports gets.  

Put all that together, and the Caps still controlled the game.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

That's game!  Suck it, Pittsburgh.

Just like the Capitals, the Islanders saw their starting goaltender go down in the first period, and then won in the first overtime.

Edit: Looks like I was wrong; I missed the first period and thought I heard something about Varlamov going down, but I guess he completely missed the game.

Edited by PokerPacker
  • Like 3

20 hours ago, SAli457180 said:

Hopefully Vanacek is ok because Anderson worries me due to his lack of experience.  Thank goodness for the win.

Huh?

Here are some hard facts about Anderson that you have missed...

Anderson was the 15th-oldest goalie in NHL history to play a playoff game. In 47 postseason games (46 starts) during his 18-season NHL career, Anderson is 24-22 with a 2.32 GAA, a .929 save percentage and four shutouts. His save percentage is second in NHL history among goalies with at least 40 playoff games, behind Tim Thomas (.933).

Moreover...

"I've been here before so I can share my experiences with Vitek and [Samsonov], and to now get the opportunity to live what I've been telling them, it's a great feeling to kind of be involved and be a part of it," Anderson said Saturday. "Obviously we're going to miss [Vanecek] with him coming out like that, but at the same time the guys are all looking to each other to bond together and pull together on this rope and I'm right there with those guys doing everything I possibly can to do my share."

Edited by zskins
  • Haha 1

25 minutes ago, zskins said:

Huh?

Here are some hard facts about Anderson that you have missed...

Anderson was the 15th-oldest goalie in NHL history to play a playoff game. In 47 postseason games (46 starts) during his 18-season NHL career, Anderson is 24-22 with a 2.32 GAA, a .929 save percentage and four shutouts. His save percentage is second in NHL history among goalies with at least 40 playoff games, behind Tim Thomas (.933).

Moreover...

"I've been here before so I can share my experiences with Vitek and [Samsonov], and to now get the opportunity to live what I've been telling them, it's a great feeling to kind of be involved and be a part of it," Anderson said Saturday. "Obviously we're going to miss [Vanecek] with him coming out like that, but at the same time the guys are all looking to each other to bond together and pull together on this rope and I'm right there with those guys doing everything I possibly can to do my share."

Good to know and it gives me more faith in Anderson to come in and possibly be like Holtby taking over for Grubauer in 2018.  Comparison might be a little too much given the end result that year, but who knows.

Edited by SAli457180