Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

NY Daily News: Video allegedly shows woman saying venue won’t do ‘gay weddings, or mixed race’ because of ‘Christian belief’

Cooked Crack

2 hours ago, ClaytoAli said:

you can say that about any major religion and their sacred books!!!

I like your enthusiasm.  

My point is only that those differences, that may appear small to some, are not inconsequential.  It would be useful to know which Christian group this is.  They might have leadership that can set them straight.  Also, how would we know if this same branch pops up again somewhere if we don’t know who they are?

but even the Christian sacred book identifies religion as a helping behavior and not a belief.

I don’t know what this means.

The Christian sacred book identifies religion as a helping behavior and not a belief.

???

Maybe if you're reading the Jefferson Bible.

Jesus definitely emphasizes benevolence far more and often ridicules contemporary religious orthodoxy, but Paul places belief on a pedestal with a primacy greater than one's actions.

Founder of conversion therapy organization comes out as gay and apologizes

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/founder-of-conversion-therapy-organization-comes-out-as-gay-and-apologizes

The founder of one of the largest conversion therapy organizations has come out as gay and has apologized for his role in pushing the practice.

McKrae Game, 51, the founder and leader of Hope for Wholeness in South Carolina, publicly revealed his sexuality back in June, more than two years after he was fired by the board of directors.

He opened up about the situation in a Facebook post last week, which began: "I WAS WRONG! Please forgive me!"

I read this last night and this freaking disgusts me.  This woman actually believed something because it was something she heard growing up.  This woman is an idiot, for applying a policy to her business but not knowing the facts.  It's her own damn fault.  Don't people realize instead of believing old wives tales we have at our grasps information galore?

I will say there are updates out there, and not excusing this for her, but from what i've read she grew up and was told bi-racial couples are against the Christian belief, which is 100% untrue.  Her husband challenged her where it was in the Bible, she couldn't find it and then went to her pastor who corrected her, but has since  apologized.  A pretty big mistake that could hurt her business.

On 9/3/2019 at 11:46 AM, Renegade7 said:

How is it not a belief?

eh, more so looking at yourself versus looking at others (behave vs. belief), you mean just you (then they are the same).

22 hours ago, Riggo-toni said:

???

Maybe if you're reading the Jefferson Bible.

Jesus definitely emphasizes benevolence far more and often ridicules contemporary religious orthodoxy, but Paul places belief on a pedestal with a primacy greater than one's actions.

beg to differ....Yeshua and Saul say the same

Saul's letter to the Romans showed his response to comments on people that say they believe and the people that show belief in how they act (for better or worse). 

This was the point I was trying to make ;)

3 minutes ago, The Sisko said:

So are you arguing they should be allowed to do this, subject only to the punishment of the free market? Or am I reading more into it than you intended?

I dunno dude, I am kinda with the idea that if they don't sell my flavor of coffee...ima go some place that does. Too much energy for a one off fight.

16 minutes ago, ClaytoAli said:

eh, more so looking at yourself versus looking at others (behave vs. belief), you mean just you (then they are the same).

That makes no sense, do me a favor and jus put some verses to make your point I'm questioning you on, that Chritianity is about behaviour not belief.  The arguement for both or one more then the other makes way more sense then the arguement for one or the other

11 minutes ago, The Sisko said:

So are you arguing they should be allowed to do this, subject only to the punishment of the free market? Or am I reading more into it than you intended?

Preface:  I haven’t looked into this more than the headline.

Well not really.

I wouldn’t go to a synagogue and ask to get married.  I wouldn’t go to a mosque and ask to get married.  Hell, when I did get married, I didn’t bother with a church either.  In short, I wouldn’t want to get married at an establishment that doesn’t reflect my views.

Wedding venues are overpriced and overrated anyhow.  I don’t know what kids these days are thinking with their $50,000 weddings and ****.  They’re raping couples for thousands of dollars on their most special day.

This woman is clearly a giant ****.  Get married somewhere else.  I get annoyed with all these outrage articles out there these days.

7 minutes ago, ClaytoAli said:

I dunno dude, I am kinda with the idea that if they don't sell my flavor of coffee...ima go some place that does. Too much energy for a one off fight.

I feel you -- presuming the market has a conscience. That statement would have been a joke just a few years ago but people have started to realise that they hold some of that power only if they are willing to use it. Im sure that lady found that out the hard way and that is what spurred the change in attitude from "we dont serve your kind" to "I went to my pastor and got my bible updated". 

But we are too close to the line, imo, to rely on that same market to protect our values. Cause one day that may change. 

1. I have to feeling that the ones of you who think "then why go there", probably aren't the kind of people who get turned away because of your race, religion or sexual orientation. Its easy to shrug off if it has no affect on you.

2.This isn't a church, this is a business...for weddings. You can say that you wouldn't want to get married in a synagogue...but would they actually tell you no?

22 minutes ago, ClaytoAli said:

Interracial marriage isn't a flavor of coffee, it's a federally protected right.  History has a pattern of tolerance of intolerance backfiring where giving an inch becomes taking a mile.  My parents were 8 when the Lovings case was decided, this isnt ancient history, where do you go when theres no where to go?

13 minutes ago, Springfield said:

This woman is clearly a giant ****.  Get married somewhere else.  I get annoyed with all these outrage articles out there these days.

Yeah, get married somewhere else.  But don't go away quietly.  Expose this bigotry for the world to see first, and make that woman live with the ramifications of that bigotry.

13 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

Interracial marriage isn't a flavor of coffee, it's a federally protected right.  History has a pattern of tolerance of intolerance backfiring where giving an inch becomes taking a mile.  My parents were 8 when the Lovings case was decided, this isnt ancient history, where do you go when theres no where to go?

I am not saying that you don't fight (in court....over numerous incidences), i'm saying why nit pick her barney fife corner spot?

like the cake incident down south....we probably wouldn't have heard about it if it didn't hurt a certain demographic of the LBGTQ community.

Just now, ClaytoAli said:

I am not saying that you don't fight (in court....over numerous incidences), i'm saying why nit pick her barney fife corner spot?

You gotta make it so uncomfortable to be that corner spot that no one else would do it without thinking twice. Same reason I dont murder people. The consequences. 

46 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

That makes no sense, do me a favor and jus put some verses to make your point I'm questioning you on, that Chritianity is about behaviour not belief.  The arguement for both or one more then the other makes way more sense then the arguement for one or the other

ok and no

Just now, Llevron said:

Sure but whats the logic in stopping there? 

time and energy....plus while that story is in rotation....some major ish is happening that doesn't draw national ratings.

Llevron...you are a kool dude with Chappelle logic!

53 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

ok, but you misunderstood...the point was a matter of perspective of the offender in this case versus the offended.

If this helps - behavior is the expression of belief ("not" is a manner of speaking because "by works, a man is justified, and not only by faith" - Jacob (James) 2:24 wrote").

but we are talking about belief in a religion....Jacob (James) 1:27 pure religion is undefiled before god and the father....visit the fatherless and widow in their pain, keep yourself unstained from the world.

Hope that helps

46 minutes ago, Dan T. said:

Yeah, get married somewhere else.  But don't go away quietly.  Expose this bigotry for the world to see first, and make that woman live with the ramifications of that bigotry.

As long as we would do the same if some white people wanted to get married at a mosque but they weren’t allowed.

23 minutes ago, ClaytoAli said:

ok, but you misunderstood...the point was a matter of perspective of the offender in this case versus the offended.

If this helps - behavior is the expression of belief ("not" is a manner of speaking because "by works, a man is justified, and not only by faith" - Jacob (James) 2:24 wrote").

but we are talking about belief in a religion....Jacob (James) 1:27 pure religion is undefiled before god and the father....visit the fatherless and widow in their pain, keep yourself unstained from the world.

Hope that helps

It does, thanks for taking a second for respond when you didnt have to.  Throwing race and religion in a blender doesnt always go well, but discussions are worth a shot.

Gotta tell you, looking at 1:27, I think the point you are trying to make is missing the context of the verses right before it.

James 1:25-26 King James Version (KJV)

25 But whoso looketh into the perfect law of liberty, and continueth therein, he being not a forgetful hearer, but a doer of the work, this man shall be blessed in his deed.

26 If any man among you seem to be religious, and bridleth not his tongue, but deceiveth his own heart, this man's religion is vain.

So are we really saying that someone who doesnt have their actions and their beliefs on the same page with what's actually in the religious text just practicing their religion incorrectly?  The Bible contradicts itself so much that it makes it hard (in context of missing books and possible mistranslation) that sometimes we're overthinking it and missing the point of a lot of the scripture. 

Reminds me of Jesus getting called out for healing someone on the Sabbath and throwing it back at them asking wouldnt they save their sheep if it got trapped on the Sabbath (Matthew 12:1-11).  

Matthew 12:7 King James Version (KJV)

But if ye had known what this meaneth, I will have mercy, and not sacrifice, ye would not have condemned the guiltless.

Are interracial couples guilty? Of what?

Archived