Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

!!!!0mgz!!!! Trent Williams finally showed up

Owls0325

29 minutes ago, desertbeagle85 said:

You do know that rebuilding doesn't mean that you have to send off young talent like Sherff. Now I haven't been impressed with his play the 1st 2 games this year, but I'm not ready to move him yet. As for Trent he's getting long in the tooth. So that trade I understand. Trading Sherff would be pretty stupid unless they think they're not going to be able to resign him. 

We are pretty well past the point where he should have already been signed. No idea what they're doing--if your organizational philosophy (lol like we have one) is that you can't pay an interior OL big money to protect a franchise QB...then you shouldn't have allowed him to be drafted in the top 5. 

They didn't learn from the Cousins fiasco at all. 

11 minutes ago, Panninho said:

They would be a great partner for a trade. I don't think they'll win many games this year.

They're unlikely to give up any significant picks though as they're in a rebuild. They won't be setting their first rounder on the table I wouldn't think.

6 hours ago, desertbeagle85 said:

You do know that rebuilding doesn't mean that you have to send off young talent like Sherff. Now I haven't been impressed with his play the 1st 2 games this year, but I'm not ready to move him yet. As for Trent he's getting long in the tooth. So that trade I understand. Trading Sherff would be pretty stupid unless they think they're not going to be able to resign him. 

I don't believe Sherff is worth anything close to what Zack Martin is.So if he wants to be payed like him he can find that somewhere else.I'll take 15million in cap and first rounder over Sherff in any rebuilding situation.Sherff has been a good player but to me he still has never lived up to his draft position.I didnt see the value of taking him at 5 and I dont see the value of paying like he is Zack Martin.

7 hours ago, ConnSKINS26 said:

We are pretty well past the point where he should have already been signed. No idea what they're doing--if your organizational philosophy (lol like we have one) is that you can't pay an interior OL big money to protect a franchise QB...then you shouldn't have allowed him to be drafted in the top 5. 

They didn't learn from the Cousins fiasco at all. 

Remember that buffoon old red face Scotty Mac drafted him 5th to be a RT not a friggin guard.

With the OT injuries around the league I think its safe to say Bruce is not trading Trent this year.

And even if he eventually does trade him, he will likely not get the same offers he is getting currently.  Trent's value has to be at its highest early in the year with OTs dropping around the league.  Dare I think short of additional wave of competing teams LTs dropping in the next few weeks, today is his peak value.

Trent sticking to his guns and holding out the entire year may be enough to convince Bruce his efforts are futile, and peddle him this offseason on the cheap.

12 minutes ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

Arizona might be the one team where Bruce won’t get fleeced.

As for Scherff, kind of mind boggling how many Skins fans I see that don’t want to pay anyone we drafted, but at the same time pop bottles for making guys like Landon Collins the highest paid safety in the league.

Big difference Landon is 25 been to three bowls and has been named to an all pro team.Bradon is 27 has 2 probowls and count them 0 zero all pro seasons.Landon's play on the field justifies his deal and his credentials prove is among the best at his position in the NFL.Its alot harder to find a 25 year old three time pro bolwer and one time all pro saftey than it is to find 27 year old two time pro bowl guard.

8 minutes ago, Ghedrick said:

Big difference Landon is 25 been to three bowls and has been named to an all pro team.Bradon is 27 has 2 probowls and count them 0 zero all pro seasons.Landon's play on the field justifies his deal and his credentials prove is among the best at his position in the NFL.Its alot harder to find a 25 year old three time pro bolwer and one time all pro saftey than it is to find 27 year old two time pro bowl guard.

And yet the impact differential between a SS on a poor defense and an OG that's about to be protecting a franchise QB...

Scheriff at approx $14m a year and a LT and LG on rookie deals would still be a fairly reasonable expense for an OL. Its all relative. Brandon has done his part well enough to earn (current) top 3 OG salary.  In 2 years that figure will seem like a bargain.

On 9/19/2019 at 8:34 AM, Skinsinparadise said:

With our injuries at corner maybe we can pry either Breeland or Fuller from them.  😀  Or since we liked to pick up Andy's discarded QBs, Chad Henne?

I cant seem to delete out those large block tweets that actually have no bearing on post. I apologize for the clutter

3 minutes ago, ConnSKINS26 said:

And yet the impact differential between a SS on a poor defense and an OG that's about to be protecting a franchise QB...

Landon is  on a different level compared to Sherff bottom line. Landon's play justifies his pay.On top of that how do you justify paying an above average guard 15 mil a year just because of Haskins being here.We can find a serviceable guard and get simular production for half of what Sherff thinks he is worth.Landon is as good as any saftey out there you cant say the same for Sherff at his position.

4 minutes ago, Ghedrick said:

Landon is  on a different level compared to Sherff bottom line. 

Because Stone Ghedrick says so?

Different level of angry, maybe.  All the dude does is talk about how bitter he is with the Giants.  He hasn’t stood out neither good or bad here.  I don’t dislike the guy and think he’s a good player but you are gassing him up significantly.

9 minutes ago, Ghedrick said:

Landon is  on a different level compared to Sherff bottom line. Landon's play justifies his pay.On top of that how do you justify paying an above average guard 15 mil a year just because of Haskins being here.We can find a serviceable guard and get simular production for half of what Sherff thinks he is worth.Landon is as good as any saftey out there you cant say the same for Sherff at his position.

You must be landon's best friend. His play here actually hasnt really justified his pay. You might be looking on madden ratings thinking its justified but he hasnt done much. Were 0-2 with 30 points being dumped on our heads and somehow hes worth it? What's the difference between him and his money compared to putting in apke or whomever?

5 minutes ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

Because Stone Ghedrick says so?

Different level of angry, maybe.  All the dude does is talk about how bitter he is with the Giants.  He hasn’t stood out neither good or bad here.  I don’t dislike the guy and think he’s a good player but you are gassing him up significantly.

No not because I say so.Compare the resumes or are you too much of a stone to do that?

11 minutes ago, 757SeanTaylor21 said:

You must be landon's best friend. His play here actually hasnt really justified his pay. You might be looking on madden ratings thinking its justified but he hasnt done much. Were 0-2 with 30 points being dumped on our heads and somehow hes worth it? What's the difference between him and his money compared to putting in apke or whomever?

So now its Landon's fault we have no pass rush and CBs are getting tourched.Landons resume shows he deserves to be payed among the highest at his position Sherff's does not.Jon Allen is up next for extention If he wants Donald money would you really consider it.Sherff being the highest paid guard in the league is a joke.

We simply can’t trade Scherff mid season. This past offseason would have been the time if they don’t intend to pay him. And if they don’t pay him it’s another bungled asset. 

I dont care how much we like our players. If we don’t intend to sign them in contract years we need to be moving them while the franchise is where it is. If we were a true contender, keeping these guys makes a ton of sense. 

Of course teams are going to believe in themselves. But at some point you have to understand what you are. The Redskins, if healthy (lol) are a 5-10 win team. Yes, that’s a large window... but that’s the Redskins for you. 

That floor tells me there’s a lot of room for improvement and going 7-9 or 8-8 isn’t good enough and essentially a wasted year. 

This team is smart asset management away from being a strong squad.

18 minutes ago, Ghedrick said:

So now its Landon's fault we have no pass rush and CBs are getting tourched.Landons resume shows he deserves to be payed among the highest at his position Sherff's does not.Jon Allen is up next for extention If he wants Donald money would you really consider it.Sherff being the highest paid guard in the league is a 

An in the box safety making his money needs to start having a polamalu effect on games. I dont see what landon collins does on the field to make him the highest paid safety but wont give a home grown top 5 og top 3 money especially when haskins gonna start either this year or next

I am sort of somewhat in between the two points on Collins.   I value a RG in today's NFL over a SS.  Maybe 5-10 years ago, I'd feel differently about that but the interior O line has become a bigger deal and SS has become less of a big deal IMO with today's game.    Love Landon Collins and I thought it was a good signing.  Having said that, the Redskins according to a number of NFL observers (who talked to personnel guys, including Schaffer from NFL AM) paid if anything above expected FA market value to lock Collins in -- but in the Redskins defense that's how FA works. 

If we do that to secure other team's talent and not our own homegrown talent that's not a good message to send.  And stories like that has been part of the rap on Dan.  Even dudes who love Dan like Portis have echoed this point.  Personally, I think the point is overplayed some but there is some merit to some of it. They have kept some of their homegrown talent.   

I am cool with getting comp picks.  but there needs to be a balance on that front.  If they let Scherff go then that would be adios to the whole 2015 draft.  And that IMO was a good draft.  Crowder and Preston have gotten off to a hot start elsewhere this season.  That's fine but I don't want to see Scherff make pro bowls elsewhere.  I've been reading via some of the Dolphin sports writers that Scherff might be a target in FA if we let him hit it.  I get letting some go.  But keep some, too.  And that goes double for the O line because its the position that arguably is one of the most interdependent-chemistry driven spots.    I've heard the hogs talk multiple times about their chemistry building over time where they knew where the other dude would be and how they'd react, etc. 

18 minutes ago, UK SKINS FAN '74 said:

Trent isn't going to AZ to play right tackle this year like that report speculates.

That article was from a few days ago and talked about here back then.  I dug deeper into that article and unless I missed something the whole thing is driven by Arizona reporters thinking that they should deal for Trent versus it being based on anything they were hearing about Arizona's FO, etc. 

8 minutes ago, 757SeanTaylor21 said:

An in the box safety making his money needs to start having a polamalu effect on games. I dont see what landon collins does on the field to make him the highest paid safety but wont give a home grown top 5 og top 3 money especially when haskins gonna start either this year or next

Atleast the impact Landon is making right now is positive I wish I could say the same for Sherff .I dont believe he is a top 5 guard in this league. I see no evidence to back up that claim since he came into the league.If you can find something that backs up that claim I would to see it.

Archived