Owls0325

New development: Trent Williams wants to be traded/released

Recommended Posts

9 hours ago, NewCliche21 said:

 

This is from June 7.  Why are people acting like this is new?

Because....idk...I got nothing....I gave up trying to understand some people on here around the same time we stopped tracking the travelling koozie.....

 

 

 

...let's see who remembers that..

  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Absolutely disgusting how much money has taken over this business we call the NFL... it's done taken the fun out of everything.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
16 hours ago, Califan007 said:

What did he explain, exactly? I'll wait.

 

That he knows "the truth", a very clear implication that these reports about being upset with the team's medical staff is false.  Like that time Scot was away visiting his sick grandmother.  You know, Bruce Allen's version of the truth.  

 

15 hours ago, Xameil said:

I think he explained that this is being handled internally...I guess that's welp worthy for the chicken littles and front office haters....

 

You are aware of this team's track record for the last 20 years?  There's a reason why there are more and more "chicken littles" and less and less harvest festers.  

 

12 hours ago, NewCliche21 said:

This is from June 7.  Why are people acting like this is new?

 

I had no idea about this until yesterday.  Didn't see it posted in either thread, so I posted it.  

Edited by DJHJR86
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, DJHJR86 said:

 

 

You are aware of this team's track record for the last 20 years?  There's a reason why there are more and more "chicken littles" and less and less harvest festers.  

 

 

"THE SKY IS FALLING"

 

Must suck to have to live like that...

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Xameil said:

"THE SKY IS FALLING"

 

Must suck to have to live like that...

 

I don't think there's any more room for the sky to fall at this point.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Xameil said:

"THE SKY IS FALLING"

 

Must suck to have to live like that...

Sure, it would suck to live real life like that.  

 

For whatever reason, devout homers like to prop themselves up like they are the beacons of rationale, logic and positivity.  And anyone who doesn’t follow them are just miserable chicken littles.  This is football and entertainment.  I doubt any of the chicken littles you speak of are losing sleep over this team these days.

 

 

 

 

Galdi on now saying Trent just posted an Instagram story with him about to go under the knife for something.  No details, rather cryptic.  

Edited by BatteredFanSyndrome
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, DJHJR86 said:

 

That he knows "the truth", a very clear implication that these reports about being upset with the team's medical staff is false.  Like that time Scot was away visiting his sick grandmother.  You know, Bruce Allen's version of the truth.  

 

I see your point and do nto totally disagree. But I am nto sure I would draw the conclusion that the medical staff issue is totally false. In fact you could also read it that the money is very minor and that medical staff isa bigger problem. 

 

What i do think we can glean from this is that there is not as big an issue between Trent and the team as it's being made out to be. For me, this is actually more important. 

 

1 hour ago, DJHJR86 said:

 

I had no idea about this until yesterday.  Didn't see it posted in either thread, so I posted it.  

 

It was posted a few times. However it's easy to miss. The pages are flying fast and furious. And it's not the end of the world to re-post. Some others may have missed it too. It's an important revelation. 

 

The biggest reason is that the references to the reports were taken out of context. This is not at all directed at you. Just going off the topic. 

 

Many quoted only the "I know what is true." part as some nefarious attempt by Bruce. They left the part out that he talked to Trent and he was leaving their private conversation private. 

 

Man I hate defending Bruce as I loathe him. It makes me throw up a little. But facts are facts. You have to quote the entire quote not just the part that looks bad. The bottom line is the two sides are talking to each other and not making it public. I get someone did, but it does not mean it was either Trent, Bruce or Trent's agent. Could even be a disgruntled ex player. We have a few of those out there - Looking at you DJ and Zach! 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, goskins10 said:

Many quoted only the "I know what is true." part as some nefarious attempt by Bruce. They left the part out that he talked to Trent and he was leaving their private conversation private. 

 

Man I hate defending Bruce as I loathe him. It makes me throw up a little. But facts are facts. You have to quote the entire quote not just the part that looks bad. The bottom line is the two sides are talking to each other and not making it public. I get someone did, but it does not mean it was either Trent, Bruce or Trent's agent. Could even be a disgruntled ex player. We have a few of those out there - Looking at you DJ and Zach! 

 

I don't even blame Bruce for making a statement.  He should have done it earlier, nipped it in the bud, and then moved on.  The Seahawks GM did something just like that when the Russell Wilson rumors to New York started.  And I'm not saying Bruce should have gone into specifics, just a generic "we are speaking with Trent and are glad to have him on our team" response.  That's it.  That was my original complaint in the first place; he can't go around and do victory laps on TV and radio after getting good press for a "good draft", and then when negative PR hits (about your best player no less) stay completely silent.  I'm actually glad that he addressed it.  

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, DJHJR86 said:

 

I don't even blame Bruce for making a statement.  He should have done it earlier, nipped it in the bud, and then moved on.  The Seahawks GM did something just like that when the Russell Wilson rumors to New York started.  And I'm not saying Bruce should have gone into specifics, just a generic "we are speaking with Trent and are glad to have him on our team" response.  That's it.  That was my original complaint in the first place; he can't go around and do victory laps on TV and radio after getting good press for a "good draft", and then when negative PR hits (about your best player no less) stay completely silent.  I'm actually glad that he addressed it.  

 

Kind of two points. 

 

His statement above is exactly that - we have talked and are working on it. He of course said it in a kind of smuggish asshole way and it was maybe a day or so late, but in fairness it is what he was saying. And he did say it fairly quickly. That statement came out June 7th. I think that's the point some were making about you posting it a few days late. Again I have no problem with someone re-posting something, but in fairness he made the statement several days before you posted it. 

 

The second part I agree 100% and said so the day this whole thing came down and they initially sent Jay out to take the abuse. He did come out a few days later, but i agree it could have come sooner. So again I definitely agree with you on this point.

 

Bruce is a ****ing coward. At least in terms of how he deals with the business end of things. Anything negative and he sends Jay or Doug out. He did that with the initial Rueben Foster issue. Then when there is some positive press to be had, he takes the rounds. I would have gained some respect for him had he let Kyle Smith or even Doug take those rounds. Then it's at least consistent. He is just not getting into the spot light, good or bad. But no, when it's good he is all over it. When it's bad he sends a someone else out to take the abuse. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, goskins10 said:

 

Bruce is a ****ing coward. At least in terms of how he deals with the business end of things. Anything negative and he sends Jay or Doug out. He did that with the initial Rueben Foster issue. Then when there is some positive press to be had, he takes the rounds. I would have gained some respect for him had he let Kyle Smith or even Doug take those rounds. Then it's at least consistent. He is just not getting into the spot light, good or bad. But no, when it's good he is all over it. When it's bad he sends a someone else out to take the abuse. 

 

He learned from the best. 

 

Snyder

  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Xameil said:

Because....idk...I got nothing....I gave up trying to understand some people on here around the same time we stopped tracking the travelling koozie.....

 

 

 

...let's see who remembers that..

I remember!  

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Skinsfan1311 said:

I remember!  

 

Makes me miss the old crew....that koozie had some great adventures...it was supposed to come to Saratoga to watch a horse race, but apparently had other commitments...lol

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, DJHJR86 said:

 

That he knows "the truth", a very clear implication that these reports about being upset with the team's medical staff is false.  Like that time Scot was away visiting his sick grandmother.  You know, Bruce Allen's version of the truth.  

 

 

You are aware of this team's track record for the last 20 years?  There's a reason why there are more and more "chicken littles" and less and less harvest festers.  

 

 

I had no idea about this until yesterday.  Didn't see it posted in either thread, so I posted it.  

 

I love everything about this post.

 

If you didn't see it, then you didn't see it.  Not faulting you, just making sure we're all on the same page. :cheers: 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Xameil said:

Makes me miss the old crew....that koozie had some great adventures...it was supposed to come to Saratoga to watch a horse race, but apparently had other commitments...lol

Same here.

I see Dave, occasionally.  We went to a MNF game, in Philly. We hung out, tailgated and went to the game. I should've snagged his Koozie!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, DJHJR86 said:

 

That he knows "the truth", a very clear implication that these reports about being upset with the team's medical staff is false. 

 

It could easily mean he knows the substance of Williams complaints about how he was diagnosed and treated. That's how I took it anyway.

 

I think it's clear there is some level of unhappiness here - and it's hardly a unique occurance for a player to be unhappy with how a teams medical staff have handled an injury/condition. There is a natural tension in that the medical staff are there to get and keep a player available to perform and that medical issues are often not black/white - which leaves room for a player to feel his long term best interests are not being looked after.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, bakedtater1 said:

Absolutely disgusting how much money has taken over this business we call the NFL... it's done taken the fun out of everything.

 

I mean...the owners are raking in billions, millions are paying to watch, and there are players (including from the era you fondly remember as being "more fun") dying from health complications from playing this game. It kind of has to be about money, and that's understandable. Doesn't mean we can't enjoy it. 

  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

Sure, it would suck to live real life like that.  

 

For whatever reason, devout homers like to prop themselves up like they are the beacons of rationale, logic and positivity.  And anyone who doesn’t follow them are just miserable chicken littles.  This is football and entertainment.  I doubt any of the chicken littles you speak of are losing sleep over this team these days.

Rational logical and positive homer checking in.

 

I bolded above where the disconnect may be. There are some fans, who believe it or not, view football as a form of entertainment. They don’t understand or appreciate how everything Redskins related is dumped on and eviscerated before the real story comes out.

 

Those like yourself who choose to constantly grind the axe based solely off of past transgressions and history before deciphering what’s actually happening I would venture to guess are like that in real life. Maybe not I dunno. Doesn’t mean you lose sleep over the team or that anyone is even saying that. 

 

I’m sure that not many lose sleep over the Redskins. But when it comes to entertainment and fandom, there will be some who don’t understand such negative outlooks. Especially when the present is not nearly the train wreck that is presented around here. Though that’s cooled quite a bit with our most recent off season. I guess I’m not sure what’s so hard to understand about that? Why is it that a wait and see or more leveled outlook treated as such a homeristic view? You act as if people are predicting Super Bowls or saying we are the greatest thing since sliced bread. I don’t see much of that if at all on here.

 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
10 hours ago, DJHJR86 said:

 

That he knows "the truth", a very clear implication that these reports about being upset with the team's medical staff is false.  Like that time Scot was away visiting his sick grandmother.  You know, Bruce Allen's version of the truth.  

1

 

Jeebus lol...

 

Allen didn't explain jack **** in that quote from him, unless you're one of about 3 people on earth who thought he did NOT know what Williams' issues were about. Not to mention, my post that you quoted said nobody from the team needed to argue or discuss the issues between Williams and the team in the press, and that nobody from the team should be breaking out press conferences whenever some twitter "report" starts getting bounced around. Allen didn't do either one. So you wasted a perfectly good "welp" lol...

 

And for the record--can't believe anyone still thinks this--but Allen wasn't the one who said Scot's grandmother dying is why he was absent from the combine...Scot (or his wife) did. Scot has/had connections with the local press and when they contacted him he said the reason he was absent was he was dealing with issues concerning his grandmother's death. Allen only said he was taking care of personal issues, which could cover a lot of stuff including drinking and infidelity.  It was only later during an interview when Allen was asked about it that he echoed what Scot had said, possibly in order to not contradict him. So that wasn't Allen's "version of the truth", it was Scot's.

 

Edited by Califan007
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, goskins10 said:

The second part I agree 100% and said so the day this whole thing came down and they initially sent Jay out to take the abuse. He did come out a few days later, but i agree it could have come sooner. So again I definitely agree with you on this point.

1

 

Nobody sent Jay out to take the abuse...there wasn't an interview about it or a presser to explain it like with Foster and Williams. Jay's presser is league-mandated, not a decision by the Skins' executives. Gruden would have been asked about Trent no matter what...very little time had passed between the initial reports and Jay's mandated presser. Even if Allen had done the absolutely stupid thing and immediately held a press conference to try and nip the story in the bud (which is impossible to do since only Trent can do that), Gruden would have still been asked about Trent, as well as been asked about whatever Allen had said if he had followed the advice of a lot of people on this thread lol...nothing would have been solved or answered. Hell, even on this thread we have varying interpretations of what Allen meant by "I know the truth".

  • Like 3
  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, ConnSKINS26 said:

 

I mean...the owners are raking in billions, millions are paying to watch, and there are players (including from the era you fondly remember as being "more fun") dying from health complications from playing this game. It kind of has to be about money, and that's understandable. Doesn't mean we can't enjoy it. 

But really, how many millions does one need for God's sake.... playing professional ball is decided at a young age...NFL should be a play at your own risk thing they should somehow take half of all money made buy players and pay teachers more I know this might be a head-scratcher sorry..

Edited by bakedtater1
Edit content

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, Califan007 said:

 

Nobody sent Jay out to take the abuse...there wasn't an interview about it or a presser to explain it like with Foster and Williams. Jay's presser is league-mandated, not a decision by the Skins' executives. Gruden would have been asked about Trent no matter what...very little time had passed between the initial reports and Jay's mandated presser. Even if Allen had done the absolutely stupid thing and immediately held a press conference to try and nip the story in the bud (which is impossible to do since only Trent can do that), Gruden would have still been asked about Trent, as well as been asked about whatever Allen had said if he had followed the advice of a lot of people on this thread lol...nothing would have been solved or answered. Hell, even on this thread we have varying interpretations of what Allen meant by "I know the truth".

 

Bruce should have gotten out in front of it before Jay had to do his press conference. He could have done so with a press release. He didn;t need to hold a press conference. A simple - The team and Trent are in contact wrong towards resolution.

 

So Ok, he didn't "send" Jay out but he let him take shots he should not have. Yes, Jay would have gotten questions but had Bruce done his job, Jay's answer could have been - That's between Bruce and Trent and I believe Bruce covered it. Please ask him. 

 

 

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, bakedtater1 said:

But really, how many millions does one need for God's sake.... playing professional ball is decided at a young age...NFL should be a play at your own risk thing they should somehow take half of all money made buy players and pay teachers more I know this might be a head-scratcher sorry..

I just keep thinking of the News the other day of the 911 1st Responders on the Hill asking for *some* help in covering their medical bills. Guys on a City Salary who ran into collapsing buildings KNOWING of all the chemicals and asbestos in  the air that cause cancer. The construction people knee deep in that toxic crap...and then I read this *stuff* about how much risk these players take and NEED to be compensated for that RISK... Just Sayin

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, bakedtater1 said:

But really, how many millions does one need for God's sake.... playing professional ball is decided at a young age...NFL should be a play at your own risk thing they should somehow take half of all money made buy players and pay teachers more I know this might be a head-scratcher sorry..

 

Yeah this probably isn't the thread to get into economics and supply/demand dynamics. Get back to me when all teachers are in the top 1% of the population at what they can do, while risking permanent brain injury (there's probably a good joke about trying to teach algebra to teens here, I'll admit) for entertainment that others are willing to pay big bucks for. 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.