Owls0325

!!!!0mgz!!!! Trent Williams finally showed up

Recommended Posts

 Ty Nsekhe is the reason this team is screwed right now. The Skins letting him walk was the stupidest move of the off-season. I don't understand it and if he was still on the team. This Trent thing wouldn't be as big of a problem as it is now. 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, desertbeagle85 said:

 Ty Nsekhe is the reason this team is screwed right now. The Skins letting him walk was the stupidest move of the off-season. I don't understand it and if he was still on the team. This Trent thing wouldn't be as big of a problem as it is now. 

There are other options.  Why Donald Penn (if healthy) hasn’t been signed is beyond me?  He’s obviously not Trent but a serviceable starter.  I really don’t think it would have much affect our record this year.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, desertbeagle85 said:

 Ty Nsekhe is the reason this team is screwed right now. The Skins letting him walk was the stupidest move of the off-season. I don't understand it and if he was still on the team. This Trent thing wouldn't be as big of a problem as it is now. 

Because you don’t pay an average, 34 year old back-up swing tackle 7 million dollars a year. 

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 4
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
40 minutes ago, PartyPosse said:

Because you don’t pay an average, 34 year old back-up swing tackle 7 million dollars a year. 

 

Yet some of you want to pay a aging Trent Williams more? He can't stay healthy and isn't getting young. 

1 hour ago, mojo said:

There are other options.  Why Donald Penn (if healthy) hasn’t been signed is beyond me?  He’s obviously not Trent but a serviceable starter.  I really don’t think it would have much affect our record this year.

 

Forget the record. No point of putting in Haskins at all this year without a LT. 

Edited by desertbeagle85

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

They were correct not to pay Nsekhe what he got and they will be correct if they refuse to pay Williams more than he's currently making. 

 

There is very little point in any short-term investments with this team. We have a 2nd-year RB, a 1st-year QB, a couple 1st-year WRs, a 2nd-year slot WR, and a very young DL. That's our team's core right now. 

 

If anything, they should use the Williams situation to re-assess where they stand with anyone who won't be here for another contract and see if those guys have any value on the trade market. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
13 minutes ago, desertbeagle85 said:

Yet some of you want to pay a aging Trent Williams more? He can't stay healthy and isn't getting young.

1

 

Ty is being given a legitimate chance to start with the  Bills, one we would not have given him without the threat of Trent holding out all season (which was unknown when he signed with the Bills and is probably not gonna happen anyway). He is also gonna receive about double what he would have been paid by staying with the Skins. Ty had a say so in this, yanno lol...other than paying the guy $10M per year to sit on the bench or trading Trent back in Jan/Feb in order to keep a guy who is 3 years older and nowhere near as good, he was gonna walk no matter what. 

Edited by Califan007
  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, desertbeagle85 said:

 

Yet some of you want to pay a aging Trent Williams more? He can't stay healthy and isn't getting young. 

 

Forget the record. No point of putting in Haskins at all this year without a LT. 

So what happens if our starting LT goes down next year? You gonna bench Haskins again?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, TD_washingtonredskins said:

There is very little point in any short-term investments with this team. We have a 2nd-year RB, a 1st-year QB, a couple 1st-year WRs, a 2nd-year slot WR, and a very young DL. That's our team's core right now. 

 

If anything, they should use the Williams situation to re-assess where they stand with anyone who won't be here for another contract and see if those guys have any value on the trade market. 

I don't disagree with this at all, but as crazy as it sounds - Bruce and the gang seem to actually believe this team is going somewhere.  However I sometimes wonder if their actual goal is just to not be god-awful. Either way, not for a second are they going to admit this roster isn't the tits, dump off large deals and work towards 2020 and beyond.  

 

I don't think it's going to happen, because I don't think the team is 'that' bad, but the best possible scenario for fans of this team is to stink to high heavens to the extent that Dan has no other option but to reboot as to not disengage what's left of the fan base.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, LightningBuggs said:

Taylor Lewan likely to be suspended for 4 games.  Titans a trade partner too?

 

No, they'd be in a worse situation and Trent would most likely holdout there too. They won't pay him or Lewan to sit. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
46 minutes ago, JoggingGod said:

So what happens if our starting LT goes down next year? You gonna bench Haskins again?

 

Draft a LT in the 1st next year. Pretty simple

 

Trent is aging and gets hurt a lot now. They need to draft a LT. 

Edited by desertbeagle85

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, TD_washingtonredskins said:

They were correct not to pay Nsekhe what he got and they will be correct if they refuse to pay Williams more than he's currently making. 

 

There is very little point in any short-term investments with this team. We have a 2nd-year RB, a 1st-year QB, a couple 1st-year WRs, a 2nd-year slot WR, and a very young DL. That's our team's core right now. 

 

If anything, they should use the Williams situation to re-assess where they stand with anyone who won't be here for another contract and see if those guys have any value on the trade market. 

 

Your point about the young core is a good one and getting ahead of the market and trading him is imperative based on that. His trade value plummets each day he isn't in camp. Even more when stories about how unhappy he is to play here and any of the leverage they might have in a trade is gone. I believe Trent could fetch some decent draft value.

Edited by Bantu

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Bantu said:

 

Your point about the young core is a good one and getting ahead of the market and trading him is imperative based on that. His trade value plummets each day he isn't in camp and more and more comes out about how unhappy he is to play here and other teams no longer respect any of the leverage they might have left. I believe Trent could fetch some decent draft value.

 

I think he could too...not great, but decent. Same with Kerrigan. Anyone who will be on the downslope of his career by 2021 should be moved. Why not? Does it really matter if a team with Trent and Kerrigan goes 7-9 rather than a team without those guys going 5-11? 

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, TD_washingtonredskins said:

 

I think he could too...not great, but decent. Same with Kerrigan. Anyone who will be on the downslope of his career by 2021 should be moved. Why not? Does it really matter if a team with Trent and Kerrigan goes 7-9 rather than a team without those guys going 5-11? 

I’ve been in this camp all off season.  If we’re GM, Reed, Davis, and Trent would not be here (Kerrigan is iffy because of his durability and production).  Get rid off guys these while they have some value and before they drop off the cliff.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, mojo said:

I’ve been in this camp all off season.  If we’re GM, Reed, Davis, and Trent would not be here (Kerrigan is iffy because of his durability and production).  Get rid off guys these while they have some value and before they drop off the cliff.

 

I'm only adding Kerrigan because of value. I think he can probably be a contributor for a couple more seasons...but he would probably also return the most for that same reason. On our end, he's going into his 9th season and I think I'd rather get a pick or younger player for him. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, mojo said:

I’ve been in this camp all off season.  If we’re GM, Reed, Davis, and Trent would not be here (Kerrigan is iffy because of his durability and production).  Get rid off guys these while they have some value and before they drop off the cliff.

 

I don't disagree with this. The problem is who fills there positions. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, desertbeagle85 said:

 

I don't disagree with this. The problem is who fills there positions. 

 

That's only a problem if you're still believing you can win this year. Otherwise, who cares? If you truly think you can win this year, then you don't make the moves to begin with. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, TD_washingtonredskins said:

 

That's only a problem if you're still believing you can win this year. Otherwise, who cares? If you truly think you can win this year, then you don't make the moves to begin with. 

 

IF jay can get even Alex Smith level play from one of Haskins or Case, its a team good enough to compete for the playoffs. They were well on their way last year prior to the QB injuries. Jay/FO both know that, so no, I don’t expect them to trade major assets like Trent and Kerrigan. Should they? Long term it probably is the correct move and I would be OK and even support trading Trent and seeing what we have in Christian. But it’s not gonna happen unless this situation goes ugly. We shall see.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I get so tired of the perpetual talk of rebuilding. 

Why do we always have to say, "well it doesn't matter anyway because we're rebuilding"

There's teams that truly suck and just turned over their entire coaching staff that can say their rebuilding but we aren't one of them.

We have a ton of talent on defense, some talent along the offensive line, great running backs and young potential pretty much everywhere else.

We have a coaching staff that is loaded with experience and a system that's been in place for years.

Why is it impossible that this year we could make the playoffs and improve from there?

 

The eagles were a train wreck after chip kelly but two years later they were the superbowl champs.

 

The vikings won what 13 games or something with Keenum at quarterback because they had an efficient offense and sick defense, why cant that be us this year?

 

I understand the pessimism, I truly do but if you go into the season every year thinking there's no chance and we should be rebuilding then why even bother watching?

I'm in the camp that Gruden probably doesn't have the moxie to be a championship caliber coach but I don't agree that this team doesn't have the talent to be competitive, and I certainly don't think we should be in rebuilding mode, but sadly I'm in the minority and most experts do think we're gonna suck.

  • Like 8

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Right now the team needs to be more concerned with the prospects they’ve drafted over the last couple of years and their development in transitioning from college to pro. Id rather Trent be there for a couple years and play at an above average level than take a stand against him and potentially stunt guys like haskins and Guice. Even drafting a new LT isn’t a guarantee that he could play up to a level we would feel confident in protecting our potential QBs blindside. You can’t just play a bunch of rookies and unknowns because they’re all reliant on one another to excel.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, HardcoreZorn said:

 

IF jay can get even Alex Smith level play from one of Haskins or Case, its a team good enough to compete for the playoffs. They were well on their way last year prior to the QB injuries. Jay/FO both know that, so no, I don’t expect them to trade major assets like Trent and Kerrigan. Should they? Long term it probably is the correct move and I would be OK and even support trading Trent and seeing what we have in Christian. But it’s not gonna happen unless this situation goes ugly. We shall see.

Oh I don't expect it either - my argument is what they should be doing to load up and be as good as possible when Haskins, Guice, and the DL are hitting their primes. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, desertbeagle85 said:

 

Draft a LT in the 1st next year. Pretty simple

 

Trent is aging and gets hurt a lot now. They need to draft a LT. 

 

Agreed. That was probably our pick next year regardless if Trent was here or not. Just trade him and get what you can now. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, redskinss said:

I get so tired of the perpetual talk of rebuilding. 

Why do we always have to say, "well it doesn't matter anyway because we're rebuilding"

There's teams that truly suck and just turned over their entire coaching staff that can say their rebuilding but we aren't one of them.

We have a ton of talent on defense, some talent along the offensive line, great running backs and young potential pretty much everywhere else.

We have a coaching staff that is loaded with experience and a system that's been in place for years.

Why is it impossible that this year we could make the playoffs and improve from there?

 

The eagles were a train wreck after chip kelly but two years later they were the superbowl champs.

 

The vikings won what 13 games or something with Keenum at quarterback because they had an efficient offense and sick defense, why cant that be us this year?

 

I understand the pessimism, I truly do but if you go into the season every year thinking there's no chance and we should be rebuilding then why even bother watching?

I'm in the camp that Gruden probably doesn't have the moxie to be a championship caliber coach but I don't agree that this team doesn't have the talent to be competitive, and I certainly don't think we should be in rebuilding mode, but sadly I'm in the minority and most experts do think we're gonna suck.

 

I see your point...the difference is that we haven't actually rebuilt ever. We have generally made the win-now moves when we aren't close which keeps us perpetually treading water. The reason the Chip Kelly Eagles turned into contenders was because they had smart people making moves after he left. We don't. 

 

If we pay Trent another dime, it'll be further proof that there really is no long term planning going on. We've tried to do better by locking in some players to second and third contracts, but we still do things like trade for and sign Alex Smith to a $20M cap number. Why wasn't Keenum the move LAST YEAR to allow us the ability to upgrade at one or two other positions? 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
15 minutes ago, TD_washingtonredskins said:

 

I see your point...the difference is that we haven't actually rebuilt ever. We have generally made the win-now moves when we aren't close which keeps us perpetually treading water. The reason the Chip Kelly Eagles turned into contenders was because they had smart people making moves after he left. We don't. 

 

If we pay Trent another dime, it'll be further proof that there really is no long term planning going on. We've tried to do better by locking in some players to second and third contracts, but we still do things like trade for and sign Alex Smith to a $20M cap number. Why wasn't Keenum the move LAST YEAR to allow us the ability to upgrade at one or two other positions? 

 

The answer is Bruce didn't want to look like a dog for letting Cousins walk and having nothing in place at QB so they jumped way ahead of the free agency period and went full in on trading for Smith.  I don't think I've seen a trade agreed on that early after a season and before the SB was even played.  There was no telling where Keenum would have wanted to sign in FA.  If you were Keenum would you go with Elway or Bruce?  I think most QBs would rather deal with Elway.

Edited by drowland

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.