Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

!!!!0mgz!!!! Trent Williams finally showed up

Owls0325

2 hours ago, KDawg said:

My issue is that I could see them passing on a Chase Young because they have Sweat/Kerrigan/Anderson.

Even if Haskins stinks, I'd prefer to sign a quarterback who is a journeyman and is cheap for a season if Haskins isn't ready/isn't the guy. Or use our 1st rounder that the team acquires from a Trent Williams trade for a quarterback ( :ols: ) in that scenario.

Best case scenario is Haskins gets some play time, improves, and gets a PR consultant that tells him to let his play talk and to stop tweeting stupid **** and fix his body language. I'm all aboard that train. Then we can use the two first rounders to get a new LT and Chase Young.

Me too.  They aren't shy about telegraphing before recent drafts that need is part of what drives the decision.  They told us 2 years ago they need a D lineman and a RB.  That's what they did the first 2 rounds.  We kept hearing QB last year and that's what they did.  Doug is the one who tends to slip it in an interview here and there -- he also gave the token BPA stuff but the idea of need was slipped as part of the dialogue of what they plan to do.  The beat guys who cover the team have said the same before those drafts.  They don't really do much in FA these days so the draft has becoming their prime shopping place for need. 

Here's what am thinking is the logic of taking Andrew Thomas over Chase Young.  Let's say Trent's gone.  Imagine the ego of that which seems to already have filtered the negotiation -- so go get some young stud LT to show Trent and the rest of the NFL we haven't missed a beat with him gone.   Then we got Haskins which is becoming clear that Dan and Bruce at the very least were heavy invested in pushing to the FO before last years draft -- improving on that investment I think would be more enticing to them then making the defense elite.  And yes I do think politics like this effects their decisions sadly. 

Finlay just now.

He thinks they want Kerrigan to retire as a Redskin so they are unlikely to ever move him. 

He thinks Trent is likely to show up before week 10 to get vested but then come up with excuses why he can't play. 

He said they are detached from reality and they think people still see them as an iconic franchise.  He used an example how they are the one team refusing to do the rush uniforms for Thursday because they wouldn't be wearing the iconic uniform. 

The Redskins' refusal to trade away assets and embrace a full rebuild is wholly illogical yet completely believable. 

Even with a record of 1-7, the organization operates with a complete disconnect to their reality: They’re one of the worst teams in the NFL. 

This team has one playoff win in the last two decades and still points to Super Bowl victories and glory days that took place before the internet even existed. 

The Redskins are playing bad football with a roster that simply isn’t good enough to compete and yet the team seems content celebrating moral victories and congratulating themselves for playing hard. 

"We haven't put it together. We've made too many mistakes on game day. But the effort. The effort of the players and the rest of this organization is fantastic," Redskins Team President Bruce Allen said in early October. 

There's a problem, however, as playing hard is not enough. Not close to enough. Moral victories should be banned in Loudoun County. 

Allen fired Jay Gruden last month. The head coach started the year 0-5 and had only one playoff appearance in five seasons. His ouster was reasonable. 

But to think that one change was a panacea to fix the organization is laughable. A myth. In three games since Gruden was fired, the Redskins are 1-2 and haven't scored a touchdown in their last nine quarters of football. The lone win came against a historically awful Miami team and still that required a dropped last second two-point conversion to secure the victory.

Speaking of myths, this team is selling them internally if they actually think they're close to playoff-caliber football. 

One time, loudly for the folks in the back: THEY'RE 1-7. 

This team has made terrible decisions in free agency, highlighted by watching Kirk Cousins carve them up last Thursday night in Minnesota. And the team is on a similarly stupid franchise tag roadmap with Pro Bowl guard Brandon Scherff. 

Above all of it, there is a refusal to see reality in Ashburn that is robbing devoted Redskins fans of hope. 

Trade Trent Williams. Trade Ryan Kerrigan. Trade any player not on a rookie contract that will net a decent return. 

There is nothing to play for in 2019. NOTHING. Develop the young players and work towards building a real, sustainable winning team for the future. Have an identity. Have a plan. 

Bill Callahan seems like a fine man. Perhaps even noble. He has talked about accountability and demanding full effort in the weeks since he replaced Gruden as head coach.

Trent Williams legitimately hasn’t shown up in 2019. Hasn't even walked in the building. If accountability is the new demand, how can Williams stay on the roster? 

The Redskins need a full rebuild. They need to start completely over. 

Instead, they’re playing for wins in 2019 and convincing themselves that going “toe to toe” with other NFL teams are signs of progress. 

I will say this. 

With Trent not wanting to be here, I don't get not trading him.  Talk to GMs, play the game to at least see what offers come in.  If the offers stink then so be it, but it doesn't seem that would be the case.

Regards to Kerrigan, I'm not sure what offers are coming in, but from all accounts he is a leader and wants to be here.  Considering how much drama we have, I'm not upset about keeping him.

There are several guys I'd consider, but Kerrigan would require a little more.  Yes, that's more about sentiment, which a GM shouldn't necessarily have. 

KDawgs comment about passing on Chase Young because they have Kerrigan does make me think about it though. 

I will add trading Trent and Kerrigan, cutting Norman and Smith would put our available cap to about 77 million.  Add in picks/players from trades and our team looks better to any incoming coach looking to make things his way.  (Still need a GM capable of helping him shape it, not handing him the keys to their vehicle).

edit: Add Reed and Moses, and it's 90mill.  At this point Kerrigan would be the only + to be cut (Moses would need to be replaced, which would likely require the Kerrigan pick to be ready to go....or use some of that new cap $$).

It would seem Bruce and Dan operate like many of the folks I see on my local Facebook marketplace.

I laugh so often at some of the items and their prices.  Folks just can’t seem to separate what they paid for an item vs. it’s actual value.  Or that they really have enjoyed using said item, but they still can’t be rational when it comes to its actual value.

What we need to happen is have another player, or two, or ten, have their agents contact Dan and demand to be traded and pull a Trent. I can't understand why more players aren't speaking out on the culture? Maybe because they realize it wouldn't do any good? It's one thing for us fans to revolt but it seems to me that we need more players to speak out....Jonathon Allen, Kerrigan, Norman, Landon Collins, players with some pull. I wish they'd speak up in support of Trent and make themselves be heard. I know Moses did for a week but that seems to have blown over. 

Maybe Scherff leaving would be a start? Losing your two pro bowl linemen should wake up the rest of the roster to start speaking out.

3 minutes ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

It would seem Bruce and Dan operate like many of the folks I see on my local Facebook marketplace.

I laugh so often at some of the items and their prices.  Folks just can’t seem to separate what they paid for an item vs. it’s actual value.  Or that they really have enjoyed using said item, but they still can’t be rational when it comes to its actual value.

It's just like the 95 gmc I inherited from my father...I absolutely love the truck..have scince he bought it in 95...I love this truck...nothing special about it but I love it..first thing I did when I got it was take all the fancy schmancy stuff off that he had put on when he got it in 95... step boards, tail light covers, the extended cab window covers..I stripped alot of stuff off the exterior...he was livid..absolutely pissed he spent that kind of money for me to junk it...it took a while of my mom having to work with him so he could let it go..

3 minutes ago, kingdaddy said:

What we need to happen is have another player, or two, or ten, have their agents contact Dan and demand to be traded and pull a Trent. I can't understand why more players aren't speaking out on the culture? Maybe because they realize it wouldn't do any good? It's one thing for us fans to revolt but it seems to me that we need more players to speak out....Jonathon Allen, Kerrigan, Norman, Landon Collins, players with some pull. I wish they'd speak up in support of Trent and make themselves be heard. I know Moses did for a week but that seems to have blown over. 

Maybe Scherff leaving would be a start? Losing your two pro bowl linemen should wake up the rest of the roster to start speaking out.

Can't put enough likes on this...time for a group of players to just bombard snyder's office and say this is bs!!

It's a tragedy. Honestly, I feel like this season, the way it shapes up (in terms of performance) could be a blessing in disguise. Accept your fate and clean house. Get rid of Bruce Allen, accumulate as much draft capital as possible.

I think that we have a nice young core to build around. The problem (with our roster) are our vetarans that take away huge portions of cap space yet deliver next to nothing. This would be the moment where any sane person would get these underperforming players off the roster. I mean we are even in a position to cut or trade most of them without any real negative cap ramifications.

You could bring in a new coach, a new GM, return a nice young core of talented players, a boatload of cap space and draft picks. You could let some young players take over leadership roles and create a new identity for this team. This season is exactly what is needed for this organization. Yet the people in charge make the absolute worst out of it. This is so unbelievable frustrating. They don't even understand that many Redskins fans actually would get excited by a true rebuild. 

What a horrible, horribe situation. I have no idea what our fans have done to deserve this level of stupidity and incompetence.

27 minutes ago, kingdaddy said:

I can't understand why more players aren't speaking out on the culture? Maybe because they realize it wouldn't do any good? It's one thing for us fans to revolt but it seems to me that we need more players to speak out....Jonathon Allen, Kerrigan, Norman, Landon Collins, players with some pull.

In a perfect world, yes. But we care more about the culture than the players. We are stuck here for life while they have the ability to only pass through (5 years, max) while getting paid quite well. That's why I think we don't hear about more players trying to force their way out. Money is money and, to some, this is a job more than a passion. 

6 minutes ago, TD_washingtonredskins said:

In a perfect world, yes. But we care more about the culture than the players. We are stuck here for life while they have the ability to only pass through (5 years, max) while getting paid quite well. That's why I think we don't hear about more players trying to force their way out. Money is money and, to some, this is a job more than a passion. 

For sure....but I wouldn't be surprised if Jonathon Allen goes off at some point. He seems like a guy who hates losing and may not wait for his rookie contract to come up before speaking out. I'd love to hear that he stormed Snyder's office and scared the crap out of him demanding changes be made. Going 1-15 is not gonna sit well with the Bama boys. 

10 minutes ago, TD_washingtonredskins said:

And can you blame them?

I stuck around at my last job well after I knew it was a sinking ship, because they paid me the most and didn’t require me to drive into DC.  I made a mere fraction of what these guys make.

I can sorta see not parting ways with Kerrigan and wanting him to finish his career as a Redskin. He has been the class of this team in every possible way since he arrived in DC and it is likely that for whatever reason he wants to remain a Redskin (purely speculation

But for the love of God trade away anyone else of value.... NOW..... or wait for wait for the boat to sink and then call the coast guard. These people cant be this stupid, can they ?

Dude is an enemy combatant send him to Gitmo

53 minutes ago, kingdaddy said:

maybe, they like the culture.  The team supposedly liked  Jay Gruden.  Collins wanted to be here  The team wants to rade Norman

5 minutes ago, carex said:

maybe, they like the culture  money.  The team supposedly liked Jay Gruden of whom they see guys regularly open on tape in his offense and like not being beat down in practice or hung out to dry in the press.  Collins wanted to be get paid here and play the Giants who he's bitter about twice a year.  Similar to Haskins.  

Fixed.

2 hours ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Finlay just now.

He thinks they want Kerrigan to retire as a Redskin so they are unlikely to ever move him. 

He thinks Trent is likely to show up before week 10 to get vested but then come up with excuses why he can't play. 

He said they are detached from reality and they think people still see them as an iconic franchise.  He used an example how they are the one team refusing to do the rush uniforms for Thursday because they wouldn't be wearing the iconic uniform. 

We haven't been iconic since Dan bought the team.

2 hours ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Finlay just now.

I thought the rumor was they thought the  color rush was ugly. 

11 minutes ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

Fixed.

Redskins been cheaping out on free agents a lot of the time in recent years.  Why would Collins assume they'd pay him?

Just now, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

He didn't have to assume anything, they paid him mightily.  He also gets to play the Giants twice, who he is clearly scorned by.

the Giants point is true, but didn't he list the Skins as a potential landing spot before free agency?

Wanting to keep Kerrigan so he can retire a Redskin is so laughable and is a great microcosm of how stupid this organization is. If you can fetch any sort of return for him you trade him. He's a 30 year old declining player. Accelerate your rebuild. Allowing Kerrigan to retire a Redskin while he gets stonewalled 1 on 1 by every decent OT and continues to bite hard on play fakes is just ridiculous. But hey, this is the Redskins we're talking about, we don't operate within the realm of logic and reason.

1 minute ago, carex said:

I thought the rumor was they thought the  color rush was ugly. 

Redskins been cheaping out on free agents a lot of the time in recent years.  Why would Collins assume they'd pay him?

The color rush unis were awful, the absolute worst ones in the NFL.

This was the 2016 design, the Redskins were the only NFC East team to have an entirely new color jersey as their color rush scheme.

color rush.jpg

12 minutes ago, carex said:

the Giants point is true, but didn't he list the Skins as a potential landing spot before free agency?

If another team offered him more money and he took less to come here, you might have a point.  Even then, he had no idea what the culture was like before he got here.  And from his perspective he probably thinks it’s grand, considering they rolled out the red carpet and presented him with the jersey of his idol.  

Archived