Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

!!!!0mgz!!!! Trent Williams finally showed up

Owls0325

18 minutes ago, TheShredder said:

Nor would you if you're not in the network that can log into this site.

https://www.nflpa.com/agents

No, I'm not able to log in but I know who can and that network is the place where all the agents exchange info. The most credible source was verified through Chris Simms' via Donald Penn's agent. Donald Penn refused to sign anywhere he wasn't going to start at LT.  He called TW and TW told him he's not coming back.  That's the reason he signed with the Skins and Chris Simms verified it through his 'sources' which is the Simms family agent.  He also verified that the Skins were not seeking any trade for TW at that time.  

The W/L stats came from Cass appearing on Chad Dukes vs the world last week. 

So here's Chris Simms talking about it. Notice he says reading the tea leaves...sounds like he's speculating as well.

So this is solid info?

tenor.gif.6c31e3746d9c4e7f84cf810a06e1a0e7.gif

This is perhaps going to sound crazy . But we know Trent partakes in the herb . Now I do think in terms of pain relief there is a case to be made for its benefits , but one of the common side effects of habitual use is paranoia . 

The reason I bring this up is because it seems no one really seems to know what the issue is and there are conflicting reports , that he wants a trade but is/was not in football shape - and everyone wants to point at the team - but Trent's side just seems irrational

1 hour ago, bedlamVR said:

This is perhaps going to sound crazy . But we know Trent partakes in the herb . Now I do think in terms of pain relief there is a case to be made for its benefits , but one of the common side effects of habitual use is paranoia . 

The reason I bring this up is because it seems no one really seems to know what the issue is and there are conflicting reports , that he wants a trade but is/was not in football shape - and everyone wants to point at the team - but Trent's side just seems irrational

He must be on the same stuff Antonio Brown is on....that cat right there is not quite right.

On 8/9/2019 at 12:32 PM, Unbias said:

I'm curious. Based on the current ownership and leadership of this team do you classify them as a 'good team'? It's hard not to look at the W-L record, lack of any playoff success, lack of consistency at QB and HC spots and/or some of the dysfunction that has made it's way into the media and not see an obviously 20+ year trend. 

Maybe another way of looking at this, why would we start acting like a 'good team' now? It's completely admirable to want the franchise to make 'good team' moves, but to actually anticipate it is another thing all together. 

I'm saying if they trade him for nothing it will prove this organization is trash. All these fans saying to just trade the guy for whatever, because of the noise aren't the smartest people. 

2 hours ago, desertbeagle85 said:

I'm saying if they trade him for nothing it will prove this organization is trash. All these fans saying to just trade the guy for whatever, because of the noise aren't the smartest people. 

You need a Trent Williams trade to verify

that this organization is trash?? 🤣

And as always we get to the "fans" I can't believe.

Basically everything you say suggests you have no hope for the team.

That leaves only the players to focus on.  So why want a player on a team you think is trash?  I want people I like to have success.  So you should be glad when they go and encourage them to

I say unless we get a fair offer he sits for the year. Then check back in with him in 2020. If he stills feels the same then tell him to enjoy the next year off as well. He doesn’t get paid unless he shows up. Love the Silverback but the Skins shouldn’t just trade him for the sake of trading him. However, this is a front office run by Allen. So get ready for a 7th round pick. 

10 minutes ago, skinsfan81 said:

I say unless we get a fair offer he sits for the year. Then check back in with him in 2020. If he stills feels the same then tell him to enjoy the next year off as well. He doesn’t get paid unless he shows up. Love the Silverback but the Skins shouldn’t just trade him for the sake of trading him. However, this is a front office run by Allen. So get ready for a 7th round pick. 

we're going to get a fair offer because more than one team will make an offer for a guy like Trent

7 hours ago, -JB- said:

Well IF he doesn’t want to play for you anymore you might as well trade him.  

Not for nothing. He's under contract either way for 2 years. 

4 hours ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

Hopefully by the end of preseason, and not near the trade deadline, because I don't want the distraction during the regular season.

You act like there won't be a new distraction after this one. 

I hearing something recently from citing Jerry brewer and a number of other sources . It appears Trent was advised to get the growth on his head looked at two years ago by Redskins medical staff, they thought it might be nothing serious, but probably should get it checked out . He didn't . 

Now when he eventually did go to another doctor they said it appeared very serious to the extent he was told to get his affairs in order . To me this second oppinion - spurred Trent into action but was wholey irrisponsable of the doctor involved . Until you know something is serious then the best practice is to not worry the patient because all stress does is make things worse .

As it turns out the Redskins doctors were right . When something is described as pre-cancerous they are describing something that is not cancerous, but is representative of an abnormal growth . This can include tumours but also cysts, moles,  actinic keratosis (raised spots on the skin) . These can become cancerous over time, but depending on the size and where it is most doctors will suggest you monitor it but if it changes in shape or size or sensitivity because the surgury required to remove it is more risky or detremental than the actual risk . 

What annoys me about the reporting on this , is there seems to be an implication the medical staff is incompetent. What this is is Trent looking for a new contract, and I don't think he sees the Redskins winning anything anytime soon so he wants to play on a more competitive team  . I don't think there is anything wrong with that but don't thow other people, people who make a fraction of his salary, under a bus for doing their job .. it's just not a great look 

2 minutes ago, LLandryistheshiz said:

Trying to think of benefits for the FO to wait it out:

If he sits out the entire year, and doesn’t collect any money, that’s unspent cap dollars. Can they be rolled over to next season?

The benefit is not setting a new policy that says if you're unhappy with your contract that has multiple years left, you can force a chance. 

Look, if somebody wants to trade for him and it's a good deal. I'd pull the trigger now. Trent isn't the difference between contending and not. But that also sends a message that NBA tactics work. 

Right now you wait. See what happens over the next 2-3 weeks around the league. 

49 minutes ago, @SkinsGoldPants said:

The benefit is not setting a new policy that says if you're unhappy with your contract that has multiple years left, you can force a chance. 

Look, if somebody wants to trade for him and it's a good deal. I'd pull the trigger now. Trent isn't the difference between contending and not. But that also sends a message that NBA tactics work. 

Perhaps I worded incorrectly. I agree with you, I was trying to think of additional ones. 

55 minutes ago, LLandryistheshiz said:

Trying to think of benefits for the FO to wait it out:

If he sits out the entire year, and doesn’t collect any money, that’s unspent cap dollars. Can they be rolled over to next season?

49 minutes ago, @SkinsGoldPants said:

his contract would also get rolled over, though with the situation with the CBA that might not matter

And holding out to force a change has long been a tactic in the NFL.  How much it works is entirely on the players and team.  it would not be a new precedent by any means

Archived