Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Impeachment Thread

No Excuses

Impeachment  

198 members have voted

1. 1. Should Donald Trump be impeached for obstruction of justice?

Just wondering:  

I wonder if maybe we could have senate (and maybe house) R's voting to impeach/remove Trump if the votes are held after it's too late for said R's to get primaried.  

I really hope that a good chunk of the R's on capitol hill are utterly sickened at the way they're selling their souls to this swamp creature, but they're terrified by the Trump voters primarying them out.  I wonder if, if the primary deadline has passed, and the next election is the general, then maybe their self preservation calculations might change?  

most senators are not up for election.

I could see  more votes if it was a secret ballot, but it ain't.

Just now, skinsmarydu said:

Then they're all traitors. 

for fearing their constituents?

13 minutes ago, twa said:

I could see  more votes if it was a secret ballot, but it ain't.

for fearing their constituents?

You're describing somebody who's voting to protect a criminal who he knows is guilty, because he thinks that keeping his cushy job is more important.  

While that's not the definition of "treason", it is the definition of placing keeping power above what's right.  

This is why you had these Reps trying to force votes NOW. They see where it's going.

Some GOPers are leading a protest today to the investigation hearings talking about secrecy and transparency. Gotta do it now before numbers move further and Trump starts releasing the dirt he has on his allies as punishment. 

1 hour ago, Larry said:

You're describing somebody who's voting to protect a criminal who he knows is guilty, because he thinks that keeping his cushy job is more important.  

While that's not the definition of "treason", it is the definition of placing keeping power above what's right.  

sounds like you are trying to impose your morals and opinions. 🤘

remember when that was bad?

1 hour ago, Larry said:

Just wondering:  

I wonder if maybe we could have senate (and maybe house) R's voting to impeach/remove Trump if the votes are held after it's too late for said R's to get primaried.  

I really hope that a good chunk of the R's on capitol hill are utterly sickened at the way they're selling their souls to this swamp creature, but they're terrified by the Trump voters primarying them out.  I wonder if, if the primary deadline has passed, and the next election is the general, then maybe their self preservation calculations might change?  

Nope. They cross Trump, he will get Trumpy candidate to run in the fall; under the Trump party.

11 minutes ago, twa said:

In context, this is one of the dumbest posts ever on this site. I'll assume you weren't serious and were trying to be funny but it's you so I can't tell. 

14 minutes ago, twa said:

your un-tiring devotion and ability to continuously shovel **** is actually fascinating.

in the same sort of way as the guy at the county fair stabbing the 900th knitting needle into his junk.... you don;t want to look, but it is still fascinating

Disgusted The Monkees GIF  

2 minutes ago, mcsluggo said:

in the same sort of way as the guy at the county fair stabbing the 900th knitting needle into his junk.... you don;t want to look, but it is still fascinating

Really wish I knew a little bit less about the kinds of things you find fascinating.  

1 minute ago, @SkinsGoldPants said:

This is why you had these Reps trying to force votes NOW. They see where it's going.

Some GOPers are leading a protest today to the investigation hearings talking about secrecy and transparency. Gotta do it now before numbers move further and Trump starts releasing the dirt he has on his allies as punishment. 

they want a vote to formally start impeachment so there will be a record of votes cast AND it allows rights and legal obligations to matter in the investigation.

The Reps might very well prefer to drag it out

3 minutes ago, Sacks 'n' Stuff said:

I tried using the ‘ignore’ feature but he still shows up when people use the ‘quote’ feature. Has anyone tried the ‘run over with your Volkswagen’ feature?

I've been run over by a Buick, might need something bigger

18 minutes ago, Sacks 'n' Stuff said:

I tried using the ‘ignore’ feature but he still shows up when people use the ‘quote’ feature. Has anyone tried the ‘run over with your Volkswagen’ feature?

Me too. But as long as @Larry and some others keep falling for Lucy and the football. We're going to get the quotes unless we can get the ignore feature updated, or start ignoring the folks chasing their tails. It's a shame because with most everyone else, it's interesting conversation that I don't want to miss. 

giphy.gif

3 minutes ago, @SkinsGoldPants said:

Me too. But as long as @Larry and some others keep falling for Lucy and the football. We're going to get the quotes unless we can get the ignore feature updated, or start ignoring the folks chasing their tails. It's a shame because with most everyone else, it's interesting conversation that I don't want to miss. 

I feel you. It'd be better if people just @troll rather than quote him when they feel the need to respond.

53 minutes ago, mcsluggo said:

your un-tiring devotion and ability to continuously shovel **** is actually fascinating.

Disgusted The Monkees GIF  

Well to be fair when it's the only thing you are full of, it's the only thing you can share.

Archived