Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Impeachment Thread

No Excuses

Impeachment  

198 members have voted

1. 1. Should Donald Trump be impeached for obstruction of justice?

33 minutes ago, tshile said:

No

no

no
no

no

no

no

this is not what evidence means

It’s the opposite 

Maybe it was ' Truth is in the eye of the beholder'

mere details, as is evident.

1 minute ago, purbeast said:

False.

Things are either true or they aren't.

“We don't see things as they are; we see them as we are.” Timothy Leary

“Truth is in the eye of the beholder” Ruth Hubbard 

buncha science deniers. :pint:

@twa's closer then reality.

We're talking politics: 

“The aide said that guys like me were ‘in what we call the reality-based community,’ which he defined as people who ‘believe that solutions emerge from your judicious study of discernible reality.’ I nodded and murmured something about enlightenment principles and empiricism. He cut me off. ‘That’s not the way the world really works anymore,’ he continued. ‘We’re an empire now, and when we act, we create our own reality. And while you’re studying that reality— judiciously, as you will—we’ll act again, creating other new realities, which you can study too, and that’s how things will sort out. We’re history’s actors… and you, all of you, will be left to just study what we do.'”

- Supposedly Karl Rove. 

Federal prosecutors in Manhattan are examining Rudy Giuliani’s business dealings in Ukraine, including his finances, meetings and work for a city mayor there, according to people familiar with the matter.

Investigators also have examined Mr. Giuliani’s bank records, according to the people.

👀👀

4 hours ago, NoCalMike said:

I think also there is probably a lack of fundamental understanding of how the impeachment process actually works.

I bet if you poll a lot of people they think an impeachment inquiry means it is a foregone conclusion as opposed to gathering information to see if impeachment is the best way to move forward.

Also, how many people out there do you think don't realize that after impeachment, the Senate still holds hearings to determine whether to remove the President from office or not?

It sucks to say it, but polling the general public on these nuanced issues is not always a great indicator. 

Not really helping dispute about how dumb americans are.  Sad thing is I bet a lot of those dirty brown people at the border know the process better than your average joe.

7 hours ago, NoCalMike said:

I think also there is probably a lack of fundamental understanding of how the impeachment process actually works.

I bet if you poll a lot of people they think an impeachment inquiry means it is a foregone conclusion as opposed to gathering information to see if impeachment is the best way to move forward.

Also, how many people out there do you think don't realize that after impeachment, the Senate still holds hearings to determine whether to remove the President from office or not?

It sucks to say it, but polling the general public on these nuanced issues is not always a great indicator. 

Congress should be educating the public on impeachment by having these hearings out in the open. 

7 hours ago, Mooka said:

Told ya'll the left has 0 ability to sell impeachment to the country or counter the right's propaganda. (which is why there is 0 chance of actually impeaching Trump not because we have a R Senate)

If you did a poll today about the Mueller Investigation what would be the results?

Cant just investigate/subpeona/impeach and twiddilly do while the GOP media machine has a 50 year head start.

This is what I am getting at. I don't mean to point out you out specifically but impeachment does not mean removal. I don't think a lot of the public knows that.

49 minutes ago, BenningRoadSkin said:

Congress should be educating the public on impeachment by having these hearings out in the open. 

This is what I am getting at. I don't mean to point out you out specifically but impeachment does not mean removal. I don't think a lot of the public knows that.

Duh.  I agree that many people don't know that Impeachment is only the first part of the process.

As I said before, the only thing impeachment is going to do; is energize the partisans on both sides.

The conclusion is already there.  House impeaches, Senate doesn't convict.   Both parties use that in next years campaign.

Another note on the stupidity of the public.  You see how easy it is for right-wing media to plant phrases and suggestion into the people's psyche and have them repeating it with utmost certainty.

Newt Gingrich goes on TV and makes the claim of a "deep state"  attempting a coup of Trump, and without any further investigating or research of their own, you have millions of people repeating the phrase "deep state" as if they are all now suddenly even qualified to say such things. It is just repeated like a robot without any required substance to it.

The more recent version if the "No Quid Pro Quo" nonsense that people are repeating when I bet most of them don't even understand what it means, nor could they go through the transcript summary and point out whether there is evidence of one or not taking place.

Archived