Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Impeachment Thread

No Excuses

Impeachment  

198 members have voted

1. 1. Should Donald Trump be impeached for obstruction of justice?

11 minutes ago, HOF44 said:

Jordans argument is so logically flawed it's unbelievable.  

The sad thing is that that's basically the entire point. It's meant to confuse and muddy things. It's basically the entire GOP strategy for this whole thing, and Jordan is exceptional at throwing random **** against the wall while screamingly feigning indignation...it's essentially his entire M.O. (that and never ever ever ever wearing a suit coat).

9 minutes ago, Springfield said:

So is this thing REALLY going as bad for republicans as this thread would indicate, or is the truth somewhere right of that?

Is there any chance whatsoever that this thing wins over more than 60% of the nation?

It's not going too well for them IF you're a person watching who also has full use of their frontal lobe.

In other words, most independents or non-Trump supporters likely see a bunch of people asking questions that literally have no bearing on the witnesses' actual testimonies, which were damning.

On the other hand, Trump supporters will be absolutely convinced that the GOP "owned" the "Never Trump Deep State" (Trump appointed) witnesses. But I think they could literally be convinced of that by Jim Jordan doing nothing but farting and wafting it towards Taylor and Kent. 

8 minutes ago, visionary said:

Yeah he looked most of the time like he was pleading for them to give him something to go on. He never really asked anything about the substance of any of their testimonies and the things he did ask didn't seem to actually lead to anything else of larger substance (which is what a good prosecutor does). I wonder whether he volunteered to do the job or if he was told to do it. If it's the former, he's a moron. If it's the latter I actually feel kinda bad for him. 

Back to Burisma.  Has to be in the talking points.  I hadn't heard a lot about this.  But I gather Ukraine was trying with the help of the US to recover stolen money by the owner.  They managed to get back 23 million then a corrupt prosecutor managed to release that back to the owner who then disappeared with it.  Joe Biden then with others in Ukraine and the US called for the removal of that prosecutor.  I don't see the problem.  

Gym Jordan's entire strategy here is to first create a make believe frame work for what would constitute a crime, and then make sure the questions he asks will not yield answers that support the false frame work he just created.  For example, almost all of his questioning was, "well hey, if this person didn't know on this certain date, and this person didn't know until this other time, than that means"  It is just a bogus argument.  

Also, the idea that extortion/blackmail didn't happen because Trump ordered the aid to be released after he got caught and an investigation about it started, does not absolve him from what he did.  Another completely bogus argument.   That would be like saying, if I robbed a bank, and then decided a couple months later to give the money back, I can no longer be arrested and charged from the initial robbery.  It's ludicrous. 

7 minutes ago, HOF44 said:

Back to Burisma.  Has to be in the talking points.  I hadn't heard a lot about this.  But I gather Ukraine was trying with the help of the US to recover stolen money by the owner.  They managed to get back 23 million then a corrupt prosecutor managed to release that back to the owner who then disappeared with it.  Joe Biden then with others in Ukraine and the US called for the removal of that prosecutor.  I don't see the problem.  

Hunter Biden nonsense aside, (because honestly I don't like the nepotism likely involved with Hunter Biden getting on the board) Joe Biden was doing essentially what Trump is claiming he has been doing, rooting out corruption. 

(R) Will Hurd is usually a more reasonable and sound-minded GOP member. I hope he doesn't go full ham here and conform lock step for Team Trump.

4 minutes ago, HOF44 said:

The entire conspiracy is founded on the disproven allegations made by former corrupt Ukrainian officials that were booted out at the behest of both US and EU foreign policy. 

The GOP exists in this state because they’ve mastered propaganda against low information dweebs and partisan hacks. There is no internal immune system left to check bad conspiracies and corrupt behavior. Trump in some ways, is both the perpetrator and victim of it. He’s a deeply corrupt person, and all of this Ukraine nonsense happened because other corrupt people exploited his penchant for self-dealing and fed him bad information.

2 minutes ago, NoCalMike said:

WIll Hurd, man, you are disappointing me here.  You can't be seriously trying to make the argument that because the Ukrainian President decided not to go through with the blackmail scheme, it absolves Trump of his part.   Again, just nonsense arguments being made.

Castro getting to the heart of it though, the mere attempt is a crime in itself

1 minute ago, StillUnknown said:

Yep, thankfully someone just said it in simple terms.  Attempting to do these things are a crime. Plus it is documented that the Ukrainian President initially did agree to do it  but backed out at the last minute when the heat was turned on. 

Just now, StillUnknown said:

He probably should have phrased it better though.  Like "ambassador's attempted murder and attempted robbery are crimes...would you then the president attempting to extort a foreign government for political reasons a crime?"

Just now, stevemcqueen1 said:

The existence of honorable, capable, patriotic public servants like George Kent are the only thing keeping my faith in the country alive.  A striking contrast to the corrupt, treasonous right wing trash putting on a circus for their den of morons.

Can't really amplify how well he is coming across.  A credit to the USA.  

Archived