Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2020 Comprehensive Draft Thread

zCommander

7 minutes ago, stevemcqueen1 said:

Woah, just ran another PFF mock and got QB "Josh" Love San Diego St at pick 216 in the seventh.  WTF?  I think something is wrong with their simulator.

Watch him. He’s a pretty good prospect. Probably won’t amount to anything but he’s my favorite QB Love.

I just did another trade down madness class on PFF and I think I broke it because it's not giving me a little picture of my class.  The way it broke down:

- Okudah at 5.  Fulton at 18.  Diggs at 26.  Jeremy Chinn at 108.  Amik Robertson at 142.  We're fixing the ****ing secondary in this scenario.

- Jonathan Taylor at 49 and AJ Dillon at 148.  Fixing the run game too.

- Austin Jackson at 66, Lucas Niang at 75, and Saahdiq Charles at 229.  Fixing OT while we're at it.

- Anfernee Jennings at 113, Shane Lemieux at 162, Evan Weaver at 184, and James Proche at 216.  Good role players and locker room glue.

Not jazzed about only coming away with Proche out of this incredible WR class, but the rest of the class is bat**** crazy.  I got the three best corners in the class.  The trades I was able to extract from the other teams were lunacy.  Ended up with 14 picks, six inside the top 100.

I like Zach Moss, such a physical runner.  Hunter Bryant IMO might be the best pure receiver among the TEs.  My issue with him is he put on 10 pounds in the combine and the weight just seemed out of place on him.  Don't love him as a blocker.  But I think when it comes to Hunter or Harrison Bryant or Hopkins -- the three of them are pretty close ability wise among the 240 pound and change H back types.  

Screen Shot 2020-04-09 at 9.36.54 PM.png

Screen Shot 2020-04-09 at 9.44.09 PM.png

On 3/27/2020 at 5:30 AM, volsmet said:

Walter Football doesn’t have this guy in their top 22 QB prospects, but Josh Love can play

1 hour ago, stevemcqueen1 said:

I just did another trade down madness class on PFF and I think I broke it because it's not giving me a little picture of my class.  The way it broke down:

- Okudah at 5.  Fulton at 18.  Diggs at 26.  Jeremy Chinn at 108.  Amik Robertson at 142.  We're fixing the ****ing secondary in this scenario.

- Jonathan Taylor at 49 and AJ Dillon at 148.  Fixing the run game too.

- Austin Jackson at 66, Lucas Niang at 75, and Saahdiq Charles at 229.  Fixing OT while we're at it.

- Anfernee Jennings at 113, Shane Lemieux at 162, Evan Weaver at 184, and James Proche at 216.  Good role players and locker room glue.

Not jazzed about only coming away with Proche out of this incredible WR class, but the rest of the class is bat**** crazy.  I got the three best corners in the class.  The trades I was able to extract from the other teams were lunacy.  Ended up with 14 picks, six inside the top 100.

Glue & fixes, a very home improvement feel to the synopsis. 

1 hour ago, Skinsinparadise said:

I like Zach Moss, such a physical runner.  Hunter Bryant IMO might be the best pure receiver among the TEs.  My issue with him is he put on 10 pounds in the combine and the weight just seemed out of place on him.  Don't love him as a blocker.  But I think when it comes to Hunter or Harrison Bryant or Hopkins -- the three of them are pretty close ability wise among the 240 pound and change H back types.  

Screen Shot 2020-04-09 at 9.36.54 PM.png

Screen Shot 2020-04-09 at 9.44.09 PM.png

Nice to see Jordan Love is in, probably waiting to hear back on Josh. 

47 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

I like Moss too, but I like Harrison Bryant and Tyler Johnson more as fourth round options.

I'm not a big fan of Hunter Bryant at all.  He's a horrendously bad blocker and I don't think he has the wiggle or short area juice to justify the Jordan Reed comparisons he's gotten.  I don't think he's a heads up player either.  Most of his snaps are just nothing.  A mixture of irrelevance and lost reps until he makes that one big play that reminds everyone he's on the field.  He's a one year wonder whose one year wasn't that good.  I think there is a huge gap between him and Harrison Bryant.

Harrison is the TE I want from this group.  I think he's one of the only ones who will end up holding down a starting job in the NFL.

Rivera appeared very comfortable when talking about our TE group. Can’t see us taking one before we are well into day 3.

On the basis we take Young at #2, I’d say we’ll target a ‘multi functional’ LB or dynamic WR with our next pick. Could even see a jump back into the second round, Trent ‘potential-trade’ scenario dependant.

First two picks will be high impact day one perceived starters.

I’m starting to like Gandy-Golden a lot more the more I see him. I don’t know that he’s going to catapult up my rankings, but I’m starting to think he may be one of the sleeper receivers in this draft. 

I gotta post my updated rankings soon. They’ve changed a bit. The more I watch the more they evolve. 

Still trying to find a good tier system. For instance, I think guys that I don’t have in some tiers are going to get drafted higher than guys that I do have in higher tiers. I like some of my UDFA guys better than guys I have tiered higher due to a lack of good film but they have a lot of positive upside. 

Not sure how I want to communicate that. People see a guy ranked 27th on my list and would naturally assume I don’t like him as a prospect (and some guys that IS the case). But sometimes I do like them but I think they could be had in the UDFA period and not necessary to draft.

4 hours ago, UK SKINS FAN 74 said:

Rivera appeared very comfortable when talking about our TE group. Can’t see us taking one before we are well into day 3.

On the basis we take Young at #2, I’d say we’ll target a ‘multi functional’ LB or dynamic WR with our next pick. Could even see a jump back into the second round, Trent ‘potential-trade’ scenario dependant.

I don't know 74.  I think we go Young and then the pick is TE depending on what we get for TW.  If we get a 2nd I can see it being a Left OT.  If we get a 3rd I could see the 1st 3rd being an Left OT and then a TE.  I think our 2nd or 3rd choice in the draft is going to be TE.  That's just me though.  I do believe we come out of this draft selecting two TEs.  :)

6 hours ago, UK SKINS FAN 74 said:

Our draft thread need some Mykal Walker thoughts in it, he’s someone a lot of people like, but his name doesn’t come up much in the twitter world. 

2 hours ago, KDawg said:

I’m starting to like Gandy-Golden a lot more the more I see him. I don’t know that he’s going to catapult up my rankings, but I’m starting to think he may be one of the sleeper receivers in this draft. 

I gotta post my updated rankings soon. They’ve changed a bit. The more I watch the more they evolve. 

Still trying to find a good tier system. For instance, I think guys that I don’t have in some tiers are going to get drafted higher than guys that I do have in higher tiers. I like some of my UDFA guys better than guys I have tiered higher due to a lack of good film but they have a lot of positive upside. 

Not sure how I want to communicate that. People see a guy ranked 27th on my list and would naturally assume I don’t like him as a prospect (and some guys that IS the case). But sometimes I do like them but I think they could be had in the UDFA period and not necessary to draft.

I like the gandy man. 

Nasir Player

21 hours ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Pittman

Shenault

Hamler

Aiyuk

Higgins

Reagor

maybe Mims

I wanted to come back to this after that inexplicable Houston trade last night. There may be a real possibility now that two of these guys will be available at #66 since Houston bailed on drafting a wr in the 2nd. 

Hamler will certainly be, but he shouldn’t sniff the 2nd anyways. 

Mims should go in the 1st. 

But one of Laviska, Aiyuk, and Pittman could certainly be available! 

12 hours ago, stevemcqueen1 said:

I like Moss too, but I like Harrison Bryant and Tyler Johnson more as fourth round options.

I'm not a big fan of Hunter Bryant at all.  He's a horrendously bad blocker and I don't think he has the wiggle or short area juice to justify the Jordan Reed comparisons he's gotten.  I don't think he's a heads up player either.  Most of his snaps are just nothing.  A mixture of irrelevance and lost reps until he makes that one big play that reminds everyone he's on the field.  He's a one year wonder whose one year wasn't that good.  I think there is a huge gap between him and Harrison Bryant.

Harrison is the TE I want from this group.  I think he's one of the only ones who will end up holding down a starting job in the NFL.

My guy at RB from awhile back was Edwards-Helaire but I haven't said a peep about him in a long time because post FA how many RBs does one team need?  I don't mind taking one late but am not going RB early so I am with you on Moss. 

Between Harrison, Hunter and Hopkins and I link the 3 together based on their size and arguably none of them will be good blockers on the next level.  My favorites in order are:  1. Hopkins  2.  Harrison   3.  Hunter.

I watched Hunter a long time ago and he struck me then as more of an oversized receiver than a traditional TE and that was my main beef.  I noticed PFF are big fans and rank hm as their #1 TE.  I just went through their stats on him.  I gather their love data wise might be driven by his YAC numbers which were better than any of the TEs.  And his average depth per play was one of the highest among the TEs.   

But if I want to buy into him even as just purely an H back type, receiving TE, I'd have to buy that the 10 pounds he added for the combine hurt his performance and that's why his measurables were so "meh".  And I don't know if that's true or not.  When some talk about the poor performances of the TE's at the combine, it's not really across the board.  The disappointing performances are very tied to:  Harrison Bryant, Hunter Bryant and Jared Pinkney. 

The more I digest the TEs the more infatuated I get with Devin Asiasi as the top value if he's there in the 4th.  And I gather @KDwag and @skinny21 are in the same camp based on their posts.

Going back to Hunter Bryant I've been saying for months he's a dude that I have a hard time figuring out, lot of boom-bust in him IMO and I agree the boom isn't Jordan Reed level upside.  The other one who confuses me is Albert O -- wouldn't shock me if he's a star and likewise if he's out of the league in 2 years.  

I am not saying i am right about the other prospects, I'll be right about some and wrong about some like always.  But there are some players I watch and I have a hard time landing on a strong opinion where I can be swayed really either way.  So on players like that if lets say Kyle Smith falls for a player like that, I'll trust him.  I was discussing KJ Hill yesterday, he's an example of a dude I don't really have a strong opinion.  I don't see him as boom-bust, though.  But I have to be somewhat talked into him but am not opposed.  Other players that are like that for me where its hard for me to land hard on an opinion are Parkinson (stable but I don't see high upside), Hunter Bryant, Claypool, Collin Johnson, Gabriel Davis.

Been on the  KJ Hill train since Jan. Only deflected off course by our rumored liking for Shenault.

Few very tenuous trends from free agency...

interior OL tends to be in the 6-4/5 300 lb range

CB 5-11 mid 190s

RBs also 5-11

TEs 6/4+ 245+ ish

LBs 6-0/1 230s ish

at LB puts my boy Brooks in the frame. Makes the link to Bachie feasible.

tenuous or trend. Ah who needs facts, I’ll put it out there anyway just in case :rofl89:

16 minutes ago, UK SKINS FAN 74 said:

Been on the  KJ Hill train since Jan. Only deflected off course by our rumored liking for Shenault.

Few very tenuous trends from free agency...

interior OL tends to be in the 6-4/5 300 lb range

CB 5-11 mid 190s

RBs also 5-11

TEs 6/4+ 245+ ish

LBs 6-0/1 230s ish

at LB puts my boy Brooks in the frame. Makes the link to Bachie feasible.

tenuous or trend. Ah who needs facts, I’ll put it out there anyway just in case :rofl89:

It may not be an exclusive thing, but it’s certainly a glimpse into the kind of players Rivera is interested in.

Good insight.

Archived