Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2020 Comprehensive Draft Thread

zCommander

10 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Yep, we've talked about him here.  But I wonder if Rivera is indeed big into character that Charles' red flags make him pause in the end.  He was suspended multiple times by LSU's coaches.  

https://www.si.com/college/lsu/football/road-to-the-pros-saahdiq-charles

The question that will linger for Charles until and even past the draft is if he can mature off the field. According to the Yahoo story on Charles at the combine, multiple teams have taken Charles completely off their draft boards because of questions about his maturity. 

"He’s a follower, not a leader,” one source told Yahoo reporter Eric Edholm. “He gravitated toward trouble when he didn’t have money, so what’s going to happen when he does have [an NFL paycheck]?

“He makes it tough to trust him. He’s not reliable. In three years, he had a major discipline issue each year.”

Definitely a huge and serious issue but if RR and their OL coach are willing to take a chance on him with their later 4th or 5th it might be worth the gamble.  I also like Trey Adams in the 5th as well.  Injuries are his red flags as well all know but the talent is undeniable.  He'd be worth the gamble in the 5th, I believe.  Let him sit and heal but if needed play him.  

2 minutes ago, KDawg said:

Van Jefferson is a sleeper guy. 

If it’s KJ Hill vs. Asiasi as BPA in the 4th, my choice is Asiasi every time. But we’ll see. 

Seeing Jefferson log the top speed for any player on his Sr bowl squad was something I didn’t expect. He’s always had the ability to get open, but the speed is less obvious. I believe his top speed actually matched Reagors this season. 

5 minutes ago, KDawg said:

I think Chinn may be gone by then. I think Dugger is there. Possibly Winfield, though I think he’s gone by then. 

I’d have to see who else was on the board, but Chinn or Dugger at 59 would be great value. 

There’s a chance a guy like Higgins is hanging that late, but I doubt it.

I feel that it is a guarantee Chinn or Dugger will go to Buffalo. I think there are a handful of safeties that will go in the second, leaving one of these two falling a little.

Xavier Mckinney

Grant Delpit

Antoine Winfield JR

Kyle Dugger

Jeremy Chinn

All 5 of these guys will be gone by the end of the second. I dont think Winfield will fall lowe enough for us, but Chinn may be in play if we can secure a mid-late round 2nd.

2 minutes ago, volsmet said:

The Dantzler 40 is a major concern for many. I haven’t watched him, but slow CBs are getting completely dismissed by some people. 

I think Dantzler, if he falls due to that 40 is possibly the steal of the draft. Dude defended big time college receivers extremely well. The tape is his biggest ally. 

agree with @stevemcqueen1 on Prince. Not a fan. At all. But he’s got some raw potential and he’s better than Terrance Steele. Worth a very late flyer and that’s about it.

2 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Me too on all points.  Van Jefferson is really smooth route runner.  He was one of the first guys I reviewed for the draft season.  I would take Asiasi easily over KJ Hill. 

Right now, I got Chase in the 1st, Kmet in the 3rd,  OT Charles in the 4th, Moss in the 4th, Asiasi in the 5th, if he makes it, WR Victor in the 7th and OT Steele in the 7th. 

1 minute ago, Skin'emAlive said:

I feel that it is a guarantee Chinn or Dugger will go to Buffalo. I think there are a handful of safeties that will go in the second, leaving one of these two falling a little.

Xavier Mckinney

Grant Delpit

Antoine Winfield JR

Kyle Dugger

Jeremy Chinn

All 5 of these guys will be gone by the end of the second. I dont think Winfield will fall lowe enough for us, but Chinn may be in play if we can secure a mid-late round 2nd.

I think McKinney is gone possibly in the first. Delpit early second, Winfield a little while after. Chinn probably towards the end of 2. Dugger may be on the board at 66.

66 could have Edwards-Helaire, Dugger and more available.

5 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Me too on all points.  Van Jefferson is really smooth route runner.  He was one of the first guys I reviewed for the draft season.  I would take Asiasi easily over KJ Hill. 

Kyle has been pretty strong on drafting players weve taken an extensive look at, and the Skins have already met with Hill twice. I know that Rivera is looking for a bigger X wr, but I think route running trumps size in the modern era. Using the 3rd on OL and drafting Hill in the 4th would be ideal for me.

4 minutes ago, Skin'emAlive said:

Kyle has been pretty strong on drafting players weve taken an extensive look at, and the Skins have already met with Hill twice. I know that Rivera is looking for a bigger X wr, but I think route running trumps size in the modern era. Using the 3rd on OL and drafting Hill in the 4th would be ideal for me.

I think we may draft Hill. Just don’t like it. But hey, he’s got some inside info we don’t.

22 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

I agree.  Right now if I had to take a guess. 1 or 2 of these guys will be there in the third

Pittman

Shenault

Hamler

Aiyuk

Higgins

Reagor

Mims

I can see Pittman, Hamler, Jefferson, Edwards, Claypool all available in the 3rd. Not interested at all in Hamler. Hes overated. Would rather have Sims play his role. I really like both Pittman and Antonio Gandy Golden though, and would not be upset with Pittman in the 3rd or Golden in the 4th. 

8 minutes ago, Skin'emAlive said:

definitely see Hill in the 4th. And Hopkins. 

OL in the third is a waste for me. RR would like a trade up or pick in the second. That is a better slot for OL in my opinion. 

Apparently Turner also love’s Shenault. 

12 minutes ago, KDawg said:

I think McKinney is gone possibly in the first. Delpit early second, Winfield a little while after. Chinn probably towards the end of 2. Dugger may be on the board at 66.

66 could have Edwards-Helaire, Dugger and more available.

I see Dugger going before Chinn due to his elite length and measurables. Would be happy with either, though I think Chinn would fit better at FS with Collins in the box.

15 minutes ago, RWJ said:

Right now, I got Chase in the 1st, Kmet in the 3rd,  OT Charles in the 4th, Moss in the 4th, Asiasi in the 5th, if he makes it, WR Victor in the 7th and OT Steele in the 7th. 

That's cool.  I like most of those guys.  I am not a big Moss guy.  So I'd probably go elsewhere in the 4th.  I don't like Steele that much but in the 7th what the heck -- at least he has the long arms and some raw ability. 

2 minutes ago, UK SKINS FAN 74 said:

definitely see Hill in the 4th. And Hopkins. 

OL in the third is a waste for me. RR would like a trade up or pick in the second. That is a better slot for OL in my opinion. 

Apparently Turner also love’s Shenault. 

Depends on which OL you are looking at. If you are looking for a tackle, yea I dont think there will be good value there. But at center, there could be Cushenberry at the top of the 3rd. If we were to trade down, Hennessey and Biadasz would be good targets in the middle of the 3rd.

36 minutes ago, Skin'emAlive said:

@KDawg@JamesMadisonSkins@Skinsinparadise

In my current mock projections, I have Seattle facing slim options for a tackle at #59, and opting to make a trade for Trent Williams. In the event that we are able to trade Trent for a mid-late 2nd on draft day, do you think going BPA here would be a good call?

I could see a guy like Jeremy Chinn possibly available at #59, and would probably not hesitate to pair him with Collins. Our free agent signings are depth signings that have allowed us to go BPA in almost all of our draft positions. Could look for sleepers in later rounds to fill the TE, OT, and X receiver.

#2 Chase Young EDGE

#59 Jeremy Chinn FS

#66 Lloyd Cushenberry C

#108 KJ Hill WR

1.2: Chase Young Edge Ohio State

2.27: Cole Kmet, TE Notre Dame

3.2: Michael Pittman, WR USC

*Trade 4.2 for 4.9 and 6.8

4.9: Saahdiq Charles, OT LSU

4.36: Dane Jackson, CB Pitt

5.16: Antonio Gibson, WR/RB Memphis

6.8: Jared Mayden, S Alabama

7.2: Evan Weaver, LB Cal

7.15: Matt Womack, OT Alabama

23 minutes ago, KDawg said:

I think we may draft Hill. Just don’t like it. But hey, he’s got some inside info we don’t.

Part of me wonders the same.  He's got the chemistry I'd presume with Haskins.  Seems like we got an Ohio State thing cooking now similar to Alabama. 

I like Hill's hands but he's not fast or strong or tough in the open field.  He has a small wingspan.  Small hands.   He seems like he's made for the slot versus playing outside (can he beat press?) but we already got a good slot guy IMO.   The argument for him I'd presume is he seems to thrive on quick in routes, crossers, digs, etc -- that plays into the mesh routes that Haskins feels comfortable with.   

Trying to read the tea leaves on prospects this year that could be "McLaurin 2.0" ... based on the attention McLaurin got in 2019 ahead of the draft. Good speed, route runner.

- Van Jefferson

- Bryan Edwards

- K.J. Hill

Players that are really talented and would be steals if they fell to R3 IMO:

- Laviska Shenault

- Tee Higgins

10 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Chinn is bigger and faster than Dugger.  He's also 2 years younger. 

Hmm. Interesting. I’m still certain buffalo goes with one of them. Just not sure which. 

7 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Part of me wonders the same.  He's got the chemistry I'd presume with Haskins.  Seems like we got an Ohio State thing cooking now similar to Alabama. 

I like Hill's hands but he's not fast or strong or tough in the open field.  He has a small wingspan.  Small hands.   He seems like he's made for the slot versus playing outside (can he beat press?) but we already got a good slot guy IMO.   The argument for him I'd presume is he seems to thrive on quick in routes, crossers, digs, etc -- that plays into the mesh routes that Haskins feels comfortable with. 

Agree that Sims is already a good option in the slot. I do think you hat Kyle would like to build the offense around Haskins l though, and Hill just seems like a reliable target for him. 

3 minutes ago, Skin'emAlive said:

Hmm. Interesting. I’m still certain buffalo goes with one of them. Just not sure which. 

Agree that Sims is already a good option in the slot. I do think you hat Kyle would like to build the offense around Haskins l though, and Hill just seems like a reliable target for him. 

They may. But Buffalo really likes their safety duo of Poyer and Hyde. Dugger can play WILL. And I think they may be moving Edwards outside as well. So that would make some sense. 

4 minutes ago, JamesMadisonSkins said:

Trying to read the tea leaves on prospects this year that could be "McLaurin 2.0" ... based on the attention McLaurin got in 2019 ahead of the draft. Good speed, route runner.

- Van Jefferson

- Bryan Edwards

- K.J. Hill

Players that are really talented and would be steals if they fell to R3 IMO:

- Laviska Shenault

- Tee Higgins

To me when I've thought of the McLaurin comparison the dude that hits me is Michael Pittman.  He fits a lot of similar boxes -- high character, special teams guy, really good route runner, hard worker, good run blocker, really good measures for his size.

Hill to me doesn't have the measurables the make me see him apples to apples to McLaurin.  For a dude that isn't even 6 foot tall and isn't even 200 pounds, he runs a 4.6?   But he is Ohio State and like McLaurin he had a good senior bowl.

I love Bryan Edwards, not sure about his speed, but I can see Kyle Smith falling for his physicality. 

Van Jefferson is a really smooth route runner.  I don't know about his character.  I recall someone where mentioned that it was an issue in the past.

1 hour ago, KDawg said:

I think Dantzler, if he falls due to that 40 is possibly the steal of the draft. Dude defended big time college receivers extremely well. The tape is his biggest ally. 

agree with @stevemcqueen1 on Prince. Not a fan. At all. But he’s got some raw potential and he’s better than Terrance Steele. Worth a very late flyer and that’s about it.

1 hour ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Love them all.

59 minutes ago, Skin'emAlive said:

I can see Pittman, Hamler, Jefferson, Edwards, Claypool all available in the 3rd. Not interested at all in Hamler. Hes overated. Would rather have Sims play his role. I really like both Pittman and Antonio Gandy Golden though, and would not be upset with Pittman in the 3rd or Golden in the 4th. 

I think Pittman is a lock to be gone by round 3. 

56 minutes ago, Skin'emAlive said:

I see Dugger going before Chinn due to his elite length and measurables. Would be happy with either, though I think Chinn would fit better at FS with Collins in the box.

Dugger doesn’t have superior length or measurables. 

Archived