Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2020 Comprehensive Draft Thread

zCommander

Big 12 defensive backs are an insult to the football gods.

Devonta Smith had an insane day.

Derrick Brown's first step reminds me of Payne.  I love his versatility.

I still really like Nick Coe's upside.  He is a prototype big ass base end and 5 tech.  Could be an upgrade over Ioannidis.  He is a terror in spill duty and he absolutely has the length and power to set a strong edge.

Devonta Smith's second touchdown was incredible.  He is a special athlete.  The body control and ability to adjust to the ball in the air is studly.  But that loping, easy long stride is just beautiful.  He plays so freaking fast.  I love his game.  My only real complaint is that he's skinny.  I don't think beating NFL press is going to be easy for him and I think the blocking assignments could be a challenge too.  As a pure receiving talent he is elite.

I wonder if he's going to go back for his senior season?

2 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

My hope is there is a stud QB available and we pull a reverse RG3 and trade down and recoup a mother lode of draft picks to rebuild with.

My fear is we throw Haskins to the wolves (already started) and decide to pull the same thing the Cardinals did this year.

10 hours ago, stevemcqueen1 said:

This is shaping up to be a very high end cornerback class.  Two top ten caliber corners in Okudah and Diffs and maybe five first rounders overall.  Potentially more.

This would be a nice year to have an extra first round pick instead of say, a 14 million dollar dead money player who refuses to come to work for us.

Agreed. Corner & OL were two positions said to be weak a few months ago, but they’re both loaded.

We seem to be the favorites for #1 overall. Trading Trent & Trading down could make us competitive quickly with an overhaul of the coaching staff. I imagine this job becomes more attractive to FO & coaching talent with pick 1.

1 minute ago, Koolblue13 said:

We are actually going to be able to draft a game changer. We'll go on a winning streak to end the year and screw it up.

Sadly probably so.  The two key games looming will be the one versus Miami and the Jets.     I sadly already paid for tickets for the Miami game.    Before the season started I thought that game would be a laugher for us.   Now I am not so sure Miami can't win that one. 

1 minute ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Sadly probably so.  The two key games looming will be the one versus Miami and the Jets.     I sadly already paid for tickets for the Miami game.    Before the season started I thought that game would be a laugher for us.   Now I am not so sure Miami can't win that one. 

We'll start winning at some point. Probably the week before we're eliminated from the playoffs and we'll be just good enough to draft a mid tier guy and the Homer's to have a bit of hope.

4 minutes ago, Koolblue13 said:

We'll start winning at some point. Probably the week before we're eliminated from the playoffs and we'll be just good enough to draft a mid tier guy and the Homer's to have a bit of hope.

Trent will come back for the last 6 games and Jordan will recover from his concussion by that time and they will go on a meaningless run. 😀

Actually if this team is as bad as it looked today, I am betting this is a 3 win team tops going through their schedule.  I see them beating Miami and the Jets.    Maybe Carolina?  I think the odd problem is you got 5 or 6 other really bad teams right now.   I was going through Denver's schedule and it was tough for me to find an easy win for them.  There are a bunch of bad teams.  I suspect to get a top 3 pick you might have to be really horrendous this year.

6 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

The line on the Miami game will be interesting, I bet they’ll be favored. They’re better than we are.

1 minute ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Actually if this team is as bad as it looked today, I am betting this is a 3 win team tops going through their schedule.  I see them beating Miami and the Jets.    Maybe Carolina?  I think the odd problem is you got 5 or 6 other really bad teams right now.   I was going through Denver's schedule and it was tough for me to find an easy win for them.  There are a bunch of bad teams.  I suspect to get a top 3 pick you might have to be really horrendous this year.

I’d take the other side of all 3 of those teams right now, su.

8 minutes ago, volsmet said:

The line on the Miami game will be interesting, I bet they’ll be favored. They’re better than we are.

I've only watched one game thus far of theirs, the Dallas one.  Tough to tell based on that game.  but your boy, Josh Rosen is improving so by that game they might have something cooking or at least enough to make the game interesting.  I've seen the Redskins last 2 games in Miami and they were loses.  Be quite humiliating to watch another one in person.  But it what it is if so and there is an upside to it.  

The irony of that game is we got one owner, Ross, dying to tank, dying for Tua.  And the other owner who would kill to go 7-9 any day of the week as opposed to 3-13.  It would be odd karma of both owners don't get what they want in that one -- meaning the dolphins win. 

6 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

I've only watched one game thus far of theirs, the Dallas one.  Tough to tell based on that game.  but your boy, Josh Rosen is improving so by that game they might have something cooking or at least enough to make the game interesting.  I've seen the last 2 games in Miami and they were loses.  Br quite humiliating to watch another one in person.  But it what it is if so and there is an upside to it.  

The irony of that game is we got one owner, Ross, dying to tank, dying for Tua.  And the other owner who would kill to go 7-9 any day of the week as opposed to 3-13.  It would be odd karma of both owners don't get what they want in that one -- meaning the dolphins win. 

I think they get a bye before us & we go there bandaged up from whatever the hell NE is going to do to us. Oooooof.

Nobody can lose intentionally as well as Bruce can lose unintentionally. We are the case against tanking. There will be a 30 for 30 about the 0-16 Redskins that kept the 1-15 Dolphins from landing Tua.

13 minutes ago, volsmet said:

I think they get a bye before us & we go there bandaged up from whatever the hell NE is going to do to us. Oooooof.

Nobody can lose intentionally as well as Bruce can lose unintentionally. We are the case against tanking. There will be a 30 for 30 about the 0-16 Redskins that kept the 1-15 Dolphins from landing Tua.

Lol, that would be quite the amusing 30-30.   If they play Haskins more this season and it doesn't go well -- I wouldn't rule out Dan fixating on Tua.   He'd need some marketing buzz.  I can see him doing what Arizona did if he has the #1 pick.  Hopefully Haskins is the guy so we can build around him versus having to use that pick on QB -- and this is coming from someone who has loved Tua for a long time. 

Archived