Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Loqueesha - Trailer (2019)

Cooked Crack

40 minutes ago, Kosher Ham said:

I'm going to watch this movie.  I don't think there should be any problem with this. 

27 minutes ago, Kosher Ham said:

Probably. 

How anyone would be offended by this is silly to me. 

At bare minimum, would you be fine with people who are offended out how terrible it looks? Like, as a comedy or a film in general?

I mean, I'm offended that Grown Ups 2 exists just on principle that it's too awful to be allowed to exist.

47 minutes ago, Kosher Ham said:

I'm going to watch this movie.  I don't think there should be any problem with this. 

Well, since you opened the door......

There are so many things wrong with this film. The title alone is a thinly veiled attempt to mock the “ghetto” hood names that white people use as a marker of what they believes to be our community’s lack of refinement, decorum, or professionalism.

Then there’s the cover art which jarringly depicts a plus-sized Black women getting her head split open to reveal the inner white man just waiting to break out as the true source of her wisdom and social intelligence. If that isn’t a visual middle finger to sisters everywhere I don’t know what is.

Also, let us not forget that pivotal moment in the narrative where our protagonist comes to the epiphany that he has a Black woman living inside of him. THIS sentiment is one that I hear pretty regularly from gay white men and overly familiar white women who think their proximity to Blackness as a marginalized group somehow gives them the right to actually own some of that Blackness as well (isn’t that what the colonizers did?)

If that isn’t a visual middle finger to sisters everywhere I don’t know what is.

In fact, if you are reading this and have ever jokingly said you felt like you had a sassy, fat, Black woman living inside of you, feel free to thank Jeremy Saville for showing you in stunning detail how much of a donkey you’ve been acting like all along.

https://thegrio.com/2019/05/13/loqueesha-trailer-reveal-what-white-men-really-think-of-black-women/

52 minutes ago, Kosher Ham said:

Yet the movie White Chicks was just fine? 

Nope, not offensive. 

Tiffany haddish is just playing a role right? 

Do you think Tiffany Haddish was in White Chicks? Do you think historical context matters? 

4 hours ago, Kosher Ham said:

Yet the movie White Chicks was just fine? 

Nope, not offensive. 

Tiffany haddish is just playing a role right? 

Same difference, but white blonde women didn’t appear to be offended. Maybe because they aren’t having to overcome negative social stereotypes just to succeed (outside of the Harvey Weinstein’s types). If they did, they would have been justified!

Tiffany Haddish is living a role, she knows what people (largest population=Caucasian) like to see. It sells and I don’t know many people that look like her outside of Hollywood that like it, but they understand that &*$@#’s gotta eat expensive food too.

Archived