Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Welcome to the Redskins Terry Mclaurin WR Ohio State

PCS

Yeah Allen personally gets zero credit for those drafts, he was never a personnel guy. I’m sure he flexed his say-so on occasion (to mostly negative results I’m sure) and was the deliverer of Snyder’s mandates. But he wasn’t hand-picking dudes in the mid rounds lol. Kyle Smith and Gruden, and McCloughan before that, pretty famously collaborated on that stuff. And we know that Gribble had a hand there too. We don’t need to try to make up and measure positive attributes of the awful Allen and Vinny in order to compare them against each other—they both were horrific in their own special ways, and both were right hand men of Snyder, who is the genesis of all that is bad with this franchise in modern history. Weird post. 

Edited by Conn
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

51 minutes ago, Conn said:

Yeah Allen personally gets zero credit for those drafts, he was never a personnel guy. I’m sure he flexed his say-so on occasion (to mostly negative results I’m sure) and was the deliverer of Snyder’s mandates. But he wasn’t hand-picking dudes in the mid rounds lol. Kyle Smith and Gruden, and McCloughan before that, pretty famously collaborated on that stuff. And we know that Gribble had a hand there too. We don’t need to try to make up and measure positive attributes of the awful Allen and Vinny in order to compare them against each other—they both were horrific in their own special ways, and both were right hand men of Snyder, who is the genesis of all that is bad with this franchise in modern history. Weird post. 

Weird post? 

First, Vinny v Bruce has been discussed on here plenty, so please don’t act like I’m the first to raise the topic. 

Second, both were awful for different reasons. It was stated in the post, so clearly you missed it? Or you read selectively. So why repeat it as if I’m saying differently?

Third, what I’m stating is absolute fact. Both guys were dan’s stooges that obviously were overruled on certain decisions (for example Dan drafting Haskins, plenty of examples with Vinny around), but at the very least, Bruce oversaw a FO and hired Smith/Gruden/McC that brought in 4 of the best homegrown talents Washington has seen in the Snyder era. And one of the reasons why we are winning games now (hence why I quoted that part of the post and chimed in on the matter).

Bottom line, both weren’t good and no point to discuss it beyond this. But I’ll never agree that a guy that was around while we routinely made awful trades like the Jason Taylor and TJ Duckett trades oversaw a better personnel department and team building operation than the one that brought us Terry, Payne, Alllen, and Sweat. Maybe chime in on this and discuss logical points that are being made? Nah that would be too much to ask. 

Whats weird to me is that you feel the need to reference a post without quoting the post. And then worse you feel the need to portray the post as some Bruce love fest. You routinely do this, where you take a post not for its face value and read into something that’s not there. Not saying anything else on the matter because I’m sure you’ll spin it in a way that makes me seem like I’m a staunch Bruce defender lol. I’ll give you the last words, and can’t wait to see what you come up with. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 12/19/2022 at 10:39 AM, Warhead36 said:

I'm so glad we have McLaurin but part of me wonders how good he'd be if he had a real QB.

Look at the rest of the top 10. Other than Olave they all have top notch QBs.

His stats would prob be comparable to Marvin Harrisons. Can run every route, has good hands and can score in the red zone. Prob a yearly 1200-1400 yard receiver with 10 TD's

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

McLaurin passed Michael Westbrook for 11th in team career receiving yards, by 1 yard.  4,281 to 4,280.  Garcon is 10th with 4,549.  If TM can get close to 1,300 next year (capable of with a decent QB), he'll take 7th from Jerry Smith.  Where's Ricky Sanders?  LOL  He's #6 with 5,854.