Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Welcome to the Redskins Terry Mclaurin WR Ohio State

PCS

8 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

Yep basically Rivera didn't want to extend anyone until he saw them play for him first. But he's rewarded guys since then. First Roullier, then Allen. 

That bit RR.  

1 hour ago, kingdaddy said:

Regardless...we got played and taken to the cleaners on Trent. RR was trying to make a point and we got way less than we should've for him. All players are "special cases" because it's a business both ways, there are several stories and cases that come into play and the team has to get the most it can for a player or adjust. And I'm a fan of RR, I just don't think he's very good at playing NFL poker.

This is a false narrative.  Trent wanted QB money to stay here.  The bridges had all een burned.  The owner didn’t really want him here either because of the allegations he had made about the medical stuff and then brought race into it.  It was a disaster and there was no way Dan was going to allow Ron to give Trent the type of contract he got from SF after all the baggage.  

And Trent wasn’t going to play on his current deal.  He made that abundantly clear.  He wanted a new contract.  

Trent had to go.  This was one where Ron was completely at a disadvantage because of the situation Bruce created.  

Bruce should have traded him in the off-season for a first. Which I’m positive could have been done.  

Ron got what he could negotiating from a place of complete weakness given there was no way for Trent to stay.  By the time Ron got here there was just basically no good way out of a really bad situation.  

Maybe he could have gotten something marginally better, and I kindof agree he’s not the best deal maker, but in this case, he couldn’t really bluff because everybody knew his cards already.  

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, RWJ said:

That bit RR.  

I could understand it for Trent to be honest. At that point he hadn't played in two years. He has an injury history and is/was also one weed bust away from a season long suspension. 

It was Bruce Allen who effed that situation though. We had offers for 1st round picks for ol Silverback but Allen wouldn't deal him out of spite.

• Like 3

7 hours ago, Wildbunny said:

Which situation Bruce Allen hasn't effed? 😂

He traded JC for a 4th.  I believe after we had traded for McNabb.  Which meant he had no leverage.  I thought that was kindof impressive, honestly.  

That might be the list though.  Which is a fairly uninspiring thing.  

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

This is a false narrative.  Trent wanted QB money to stay here.  The bridges had all een burned.  The owner didn’t really want him here either because of the allegations he had made about the medical stuff and then brought race into it.  It was a disaster and there was no way Dan was going to allow Ron to give Trent the type of contract he got from SF after all the baggage.  

It's not a false narrative, maybe it is to you but if we knew we were trading Trent then RR should not have settled for a 3rd round pick. He paid more than that for Carson Wentz who Indy was about to release. Disaster and all of the intangibles you mention aside, RR should've gotten more for Trent who is arguable the top left tackle in football when he's healthy. 

10 hours ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

Ron got what he could negotiating from a place of complete weakness given there was no way for Trent to stay.  By the time Ron got here there was just basically no good way out of a really bad situation.  

There's always a way out of bad situations. The Browns just landed Watson to get out of the Mayfield situation and now they'll flip Mayfield for assets. RR could've made Trent sit until a team desperate for him called offering a 1st round pick. There are many things he could've done other than dealing him for a 3rd and 5th but I'm sure he has his reasons why he moved on from him, probably to get rid of his bad attitude towards the team. That still doesn't mean he got enough for him. 

• Thumb up 1

Bruce drug the Trent situation around for years, before Ron came in. The 3rd was all we could do. 

Bruce was offered 1rsts and all sorts of ****, but he had some power trip dip**** move.

We have had ONE FA contract situation with Ron and it was Allen, which is what we're doing now, so relax.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Koolblue13 said:

Bruce drug the Trent situation around for years, before Ron came in. The 3rd was all we could do. 

Bruce was offered 1rsts and all sorts of ****, but he had some power trip dip**** move.

We have had ONE FA contract situation with Ron and it was Allen, which is what we're doing now, so relax.

Well, you could say 2, with Scherff.  

But Bruce screwed that up also because he should never have played on his 5th year option.  

And because the funky OL franchise tag rules, it made no sense for Scherff to sign for anything less than the tag, which is set by Tackles.  

Again, Bruce should have gotten an extension done prior to his 5th year so the franchise tag should never have been a thing.  

6 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

You need three starting receivers. 

Recievers or WRs?

Another reason I would've badly wanted a TE over a first round WR, if he's good, he'd typically cost less then an equivalently good WR, and we need a good TE. Thomas is 30 coming off a torn ACL.

How common is three starting WRs anyway?  Dallas and Tampa come to mind, but those were both unsustainable and lasted less then three years each.  Cooper is gone, so is AB.

Edited by Renegade7

7 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

Recievers or WRs?

Another reason I would've badly wanted a TE over a first round WR, if he's good, he'd typically cost less then an equivalently good WR, and we need a good TE. Thomas is 30 coming off a torn ACL.

How common is three starting WRs anyway?  Dallas and Tampa come to mind, but those were both unsustainable and lasted less then three years each.  Cooper is gone, so is AB.

Bengals. Rams. Chargers. Bills. Raiders now with Adams. Cardinals now with Hollywood Brown. Eagles potentially now with AJ Brown. And youre gonna see how good the Broncos WR corps is now that they have a real QB(they might legit have four ace receivers).

7 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

Bengals. Rams. Chargers. Bills. Raiders now with Adams. Cardinals now with Hollywood Brown. Eagles potentially now with AJ Brown. And youre gonna see how good the Broncos WR corps is now that they have a real QB(they might legit have four ace receivers).

Slow down and name these WRs so we can see how many of them would actually be regular starters on other NFL teams, and why you say that.  Does good equal starter in your book?  How good then?

Keep in mind, we've had plenty of starters that weren't good, so your case has me really curious to what you mean exactly.

If it's easier, what's the name of the #3 WR on each of those teams and your justification for how they'd be starters on most or all the other ones.

Edited by Renegade7

Chase, Higgins, Boyd would push everyone out except McLaurin.

Kupp, Allen Robinson, and Robert Woods would push everyone out except McLaurin.

Hopkins, Hollywood Brown, AJ Green/Rondale Moore.  Maybe Samuel competes with Green/Moore.

A lot of teams “start”

three WR, 1 TE, and 1 RB.  The fullback is gone.

6 minutes ago, Ball Security said:

Chase, Higgins, Boyd would push everyone out except McLaurin.

Kupp, Allen Robinson, and Robert Woods would push everyone out except McLaurin.

Hopkins, Hollywood Brown, AJ Green/Rondale Moore.  Maybe Samuel competes with Green/Moore.

A lot of teams “start”

three WR, 1 TE, and 1 RB.  The fullback is gone.

Exactly. People still have this idea that its the 80s and teams only trot 2 WRs. Most teams have 3. The standard alignment now is 1 RB, 1 TE, 3 WR. I think the only teams that really utilize a FB are the 49ers and maybe Ravens(might be wrong about them).

You named a few so I'll name the WRs on some of the other teams I listed.

Raiders: Adams. Renfrow. They also added Robinson who started for the Chiefs. And they have Waller who I know is a TE but is basically a big WR.

Chargers: Allen and Williams are studs. Guyton is an up and comer and would be a #2/#3 on most teams(easily would be our #2).

Bills: Diggs. Last year they had Sanders and Beasley, have now replaced them with Davis(internally, but he's very talented), and Crowder.

Broncos are actually loaded at WR but you don't see it because their QB has sucked. Jeudy, Patrick, Sutton, and Hamler? They're going to do real damage this year. 

Eagles its a stretch because you're banking on Reagor or Arcega-Whiteside actually developing. I think they both suck. But they do have Dallas Geodert who like Waller is basically just a big WR.

Oh I forgot the Dolphins. They had Jalen Waddle and Davante Parker and traded for Tyreek Hill. They've since replaced Parker with Cedric Wilson who was the #4 on Dallas but could be good enough to be #3. And again they have essentially a WR/TE hybrid in Mike Gisecki. 

There's also the Jets. They signed Corey Davis, drafted Elijah Moore last year, and then drafted another WR this year in Garret Wilson after striking out on a couple big trade targets.

Steelers were three deep at WR last year with Claypool, Johnson, and Smith-Schuster. They lost Smith-Schuster in FA though. Not sure Miles Boykin is a viable replacement, but we'll see. I'll be generous and not include them but they're also arguably on the list.

• Thanks 2