Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Where is the Outrage over Boeing 737-MAX?

Fergasun

44 minutes ago, Larry said:

In the flight SIMULATOR software?

Possibly means that the training software would not aline with the real world flight characteristics of the plane. So a pilot trained to do x if y happened expecting a z outcome would instead get a s outcome.  

Edited by CousinsCowgirl84

1 hour ago, Elessar78 said:

Did Lion Air or Ethiopian Air have simulators for this model? I don’t think they did. Could be wrong though

Don't remember if they were on order, or if the particular pilots hadn't had their turn in it yet.  I do remember that no, the pilots had not been in a simulator for that model.  

Although I have to say, I think the article above, where supposedly Boeing was stonewalling the union that represented American Airlines pilots, who were arguing, after the first crash, that AA pilots hadn't even been told that this "feature" existed, and the Boeing rep was announcing that the pilots didn't need to know about it, kinda shoots down the notion that the real villain was these criminally untrained third world pilots.  

That meeting sure makes it look like, even after the first crash, Boeing was still fighting not to even tell pilots about the system.  Even US pilots.  

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
On 6/9/2019 at 9:36 AM, stoshuaj said:

Feel free to revise your statement and tell us again about the tone of all those meetings:

https://www.yahoo.com/news/boeing-bean-counters-courted-737-025425722.html

Specifically, the origins of the design highlight the consequences to Boeing of believing that it could keep upgrading a 50-year-old design indefinitely.”

Boeing should have used the 787 platform and just found a way to shrink it.  The issue is they wanted to keep changed to a minimum, especially for the thousands of 737 pilots.  That’s also beneficial to the airlines and sales because they don’t have to spend as much money re-training everybody, and pilots can be more transferable beteeen aircraft types. 

Boeing used to be not only be the best airplane manufacturer, but one of the most innovative companies in the wold.

Its a shadow of its former self. 

The real issue is becuse the 737 max is grounded, it’s causing the price for all my flights to Dallas for work and family to skyrocket. 

Or if you read the entire article smart ass, there are situations that  might require both pilots to turn the crank, then what? 

God you are so ****ing insufferable... Think you have the answer to everything. 

Edited by killerbee99
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, killerbee99 said:

Or if you read the entire article smart ass, there are situations that  might require both pilots to turn the crank, then what? 

God you are so ****ing insufferable... Think you have the answer to everything. 

And that is a problem how?

It is not my answer it is standard pilot op with runaway trim, reduce pressure on the surface and it moves easier.

Just now, Llevron said:

This is still those foreign pilots fault right? 

Yeah, I really abandoned that theory when that tape came out where, after the first crash, the head of the union for American Airlines' Pilots was saying the pilots needed training on this new program, and the Boeing rep told him that the pilots didn't need to know about it.  

• Thanks 1

On 6/19/2019 at 8:01 PM, twa said:

if it is too difficult you nose down, crank then nose up...repeat as needed.....limp wristed goobers

Oh yes, here he comes, after months of bad news about Boeing's abject failure and responsibility in killing hundreds of innocent people, now he's here to insult pilots.

Bravo, sir...you win the Dick of the Day Award! You beat out some pretty stiff competition but this unsolicited insult thrust you to the top of the list.

On 6/23/2019 at 7:04 PM, twa said:

I've seen nothing to dissuade me that the planes were not capable of flight despite clear design issues.

Carry on.

Because you insist on clinging to ideas that only only dumbasses haven't let go of.

22 hours ago, visionary said:

Hey, TWA said they need to pull up, or was it point the nose down, or maybe they should only let Americans fly it.

12 hours ago, Llevron said:

I know TWA is working on his line riiiiiiight now

12 hours later......

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...