Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2024 MLB Thread

ixcuincle

2 minutes ago, The Evil Genius said:

Yep. I am interested to see how this plays out. How much will a team

give up for one year of Soto? Does he extend with his new team prior to FA? Was last year just a fluke bad season for SD, or did they royally blow it?

1 hour ago, Riggo#44 said:

Well this was well thought out...

What a trainwreck. Guess that's a challenge these days. When you announce, the city you're leaving hates you and the city you're coming to doesn't have something ready. As ****ty as RFK was for a few years with the Nats, glad it was there.

• 2 weeks later...
  • ixcuincle changed the title to 2023 MLB Thread (Juan Soto to NYY)
16 minutes ago, TradeTheBeal! said:

Everything is terrible.

Indescribable pain...

face-melting-indiana-jones.gif.a47dc69655b1d76f55e433efb8c8d20b.gif

If this trade goes through I'll rise from the ashes like a vengeful Phoenix as a very different baseball fan...

Remember you did this to me, Washington Walgreens...

Edited by Renegade7

Seeing the Yankees trade more from their slim pickings minor league system is fantastic. I hope that cupboard is bare and bone ****ing dry after having promoted Volpe and Dominguez last season. 

The last run of Yankee dominance came when Steinbrenner was banned (for trying to dig up dirt on Dave Winfield) from daily operations in the early 90s and Stick Michael was left to run things unfettered. When Steinbrenner came back, he was still

hands off and the results were the Yankees building a team around Jeter, Posada, Rivera and Pettite along with some solid starters and key free agent acquisitions.  That’s how they won 4 titles in 5 years. And came damn close to winning again in 2001. 

Since then it’s been a startling inability to promote great players from their farm system despite having practically unlimited resources to do so, with the main exception being Judge. Trading for Stanton has been a colossal disaster and they’re wasting prime Gerrit Cole years because of their inability to fill out a rotation behind him. 

Their signings and trades over the recent years have yielded nothingburger results in the win column and the playoffs, yet they routinely ignore the strategy that brought them success in the late 90s because Cashman needs to keep his job by appealing to their mouth breathing fanbase of knuckle draggers. 

I am thrilled they got Soto and I hope they extend him to a ridiculous contract. He already provides no defensive value. He’s well on his way to getting fat. He’s slow. He’s just not old yet, but I would love nothing more than to see him get old, fat and slower on the Yankees dime after Judge hits the downhill of his career and Cole loses his stuff. 

This is a GREAT move if you hate the Yankees. It’s going to backfire spectacularly, just give it a few years. 

40 minutes ago, The Evil Genius said:

So they traded all those players for a guy who is a FA at the end of the season? 

They didn’t trade for him not to extend him. I’ll be shocked if he actually hits free agency. 

• Like 1