Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Ye Auld 2019 Free Agency Tracker

Riggo-toni

10 hours ago, bakedtater1 said:

Maybe a qarcon reunion?.. idk just a thought..not sure what his health is like ..sure would help having that tough, bad ass, physical in your face wr again..

I would really like to see him back here too.   He was a tough sure handed guy that you could depend on to convert 3rd and shorts, something this team desperately needs.  Its also a skill set that tends to hold up better with age, which could make him still valuable later in his career.   I remember his last year here that some of his amazing 3rd down catches were the difference in big games for us and propelled us to the playoffs. 

I have a few doubts about Trey Quinn's durability and staying healthy. I mean the guy took a hit in one game, got the wind knocked out of him,  and boom he was out.  I think that was preseason actually. Then he got injured again when he got some playing time.  So just like Maurice Harris, flash-flash, but is the durability there? We will see. 

7 hours ago, volsmet said:

Tampa has taken calls on Mike Evans. 

Evans is a still a stud.   When Fitzpatrick was playing well he was one of the best WR's in the league. 

Winston is horrible IMO and can never get him the ball when he should.  I have to imagine that Evans is unhappy there. 

2 minutes ago, CurseReversed said:

Evans is a still a stud.   When Fitzpatrick was playing well he was one of the best WR's in the league. 

Winston is horrible IMO and can never get him the ball when he should.  I have to imagine that Evans is unhappy there. 

If Beckham went for a 1, a 3, and a 2nd year former 1st round draft pick stud, I'd imagine that Mike Evans would command something similar... and as much as I'd love to have him, I'd pass at that price... Skins have too many other holes to part with that many valuable assets....

5 minutes ago, ColonialWBSkinsFan said:

If Beckham went for a 1, a 3, and a 2nd year former 1st round draft pick stud, I'd imagine that Mike Evans would command something similar... and as much as I'd love to have him, I'd pass at that price... Skins have too many other holes to part with that many valuable assets....

Maybe we could trade them colt mccoy it would be an upgrade for them. 

20 minutes ago, skinsmania123 said:

I have a few doubts about Trey Quinn's durability and staying healthy. I mean the guy took a hit in one game, got the wind knocked out of him,  and boom he was out.  I think that was preseason actually. Then he got injured again when he got some playing time.  So just like Maurice Harris, flash-flash, but is the durability there? We will see. 

He didn't just take a hit he got absolutely lit up and didn't go back into a meaningless game.

The other injury was one of the most common in football. 

Its probably too early to make any fair assessment of his durability yet.

8 minutes ago, CurseReversed said:

His talent is undeniable, he's a **** though. That guy won't hesitate to take a cheap shot at people. The Saints game with Lattimore comes to mind, and there have been a few other instances too. That being said, the guy is a stud.

6 hours ago, Skin'emAlive said:

6. They traded for Case Keenum, a guy who clearly has thrived as a backup... but no one would ever take seriously as a starter.

I mean Elway did last year ;)

The wheels are certainly turning right now within the front office.  Which is good, cause if this is done, I'm not very hopeful.

For now I really want to see a Scherff extension.  We have a lot of money in the line, but still have issues.  He's the piece I'd be most unhappy to see go.

9 hours ago, justice98 said:

What young backs are those, Samaje Perine and Byron Marshall?  Yeah, they can go on the PS or off the roster, who cares.

Yeah you are right, I forgot we already lost Bibbs, our only hands back that isn't injury prone. 

I think the all down backs are the way of the modern game. Sure, teams can run run pass, and sub out their lead back in every passing down all year and keep games close, but that is a very old school slow play formula to winning games. For it doesn't allow a team to come from behind (often needed now in the pass happy game), and becomes heavily dependent on play action, to pass.  When its not predictable, is when Jay goes pass happy on early downs, much to the fans dismay. He has to do that, otherwise teams just run blitz all day.

I wonder how AP will handle it if Guice becomes an all down back, as Jay alluded to just last week.

7 minutes ago, redskinss said:

He didn't just take a hit he got absolutely lit up and didn't go back into a meaningless game.

The other injury was one of the most common in football. 

Its probably too early to make any fair assessment of his durability yet.

With all the injuries that seem to plague this team it stuck out for me. That was my main point.   We will see.

7 hours ago, Skin'emAlive said:

I know this board thinks our Front Office is inept, and certainly there are some head scratching moves, as there are with any franchise. But this is not the Washington Wizards we are talking about here. These guys clearly have a plan. The last 2 drafts have been almost perfect at rebuilding the defense from one of the worst to possibly one of the best. No one would make these kinds of moves without a clear and imminent plan in mind. These moves scream Our Time Is Now!

download.jpg

In all seriousness, I like some of the pieces on defense too but we really should have gone after OLB's Mosley or Z'Smith. 

1 hour ago, skinsmania123 said:

Injury prone isnt an actual thing. Google it. It's make believe. 

Did you not see the play where his ankle was crumpled up? Not sure how we can label him injury prone because of that. 

1 hour ago, CurseReversed said:

LOL. Still a stud ... He's 25 thanks for the tip. 

We aren't getting Mike Evans yall are on hard drugs. 

7 minutes ago, SkinsNoles21 said:

Did you not see the play where his ankle was crumpled up? Not sure how we can label him injury prone because of that. 

LOL. Still a stud ... He's 25 thanks for the tip. 

We aren't getting Mike Evans yall are on hard drugs. 

nobody said we are getting him, relax.

Hes had two down years compared to what he is capable of, only 13 tds.   He could be putting up astronomical numbers.

10 minutes ago, SkinsNoles21 said:

https://www.google.com/search?client=firefox-b-1-d&q=injury+prone

https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/injury-prone

https://www.theatlantic.com/health/archive/2015/02/the-genetics-of-being-injury-prone/385257/

A definition and an article on my some athletes are more likely to get injured... I googled it.

edit: dballer is faster.  Should have just posted 1 link...haha

I really don't understand why we would want to trade the house away for a good WR. We don't have a reliable QB so we are not going to make a lot of noise anyways. You are not going to win a Superbowl with McCoy, Keenum or Alex Smith. Especially not if you have holes all over the offense. No WR is going to change that. So I'd rather keep the draft picks and the money and at least try to fix the many holes along the O-line, at TE and at QB (whether that means trading up in the draft or drafting some mid-round QB to develop).

4 minutes ago, tchrpe1 said:

Would Isiah Crowell been a better signing then AP??

No... AP is not just another RB, he's also the best teacher any of the younger guys can have on the roster.

10 minutes ago, Panninho said:

I really don't understand why we would want to trade the house away for a good WR. We don't have a reliable QB so we are not going to make a lot of noise anyways. You are not going to win a Superbowl with McCoy, Keenum or Alex Smith. Especially not if you have holes all over the offense. No WR is going to change that. So I'd rather keep the draft picks and the money and at least try to fix the many holes along the O-line, at TE and at QB (whether that means trading up in the draft or drafting some mid-round QB to develop).

That, my friend, is your opinion... AJ Green has put the team on his shoulders many times and our offense, when healthy, is better than the Bengals. That doesn't even include our fiery defense that can win games and IMO, has improved..

Also, my opinion.

3 minutes ago, SemperFi Skins said:

That, my friend, is your opinion... AJ Green has put the team on his shoulders many times and our offense, when healthy, is better than the Bengals. That doesn't even include our fiery defense that can win games and IMO, has improved..

Also, my opinion.

Well obviously that's my opinion. I am not advocating against Green per se, he is a great WR. I just don't think it makes sense to mortgage away the future for going 9-7 10-6 (and I don't see more than that) and probably losing in the first round of the playoffs at best. And then Keenum is a free agent, Alex Smith is probably done, McCoy is a free agent and we have almost no cap space, no QB and also just a few draft picks.

But yeah, maybe that would work out, who knows. I just don't believe it would.

Archived