Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Ye Auld 2019 Free Agency Tracker

Riggo-toni

Unless this team has some inside information and a crazy plan for a solution at qb, I don’t understand trading for Green; and I would love to have him in DC. They have to have no doubt whatsoever at landing Haskins without selling the house, or complete and insane confidence that our day 3 qb choice is going to be a star. 

The fact that they were seriously linked to AB and now AJ, Peterson turned down Chicago for DC after learning about our plans, and only went after 1 player in free agency...leads me to believe something serious is brewing

43 minutes ago, Skin'emAlive said:

Unless this team has some inside information and a crazy plan for a solution at qb, I don’t understand trading for Green; and I would love to have him in DC. They have to have no doubt whatsoever at landing Haskins without selling the house, or complete and insane confidence that our day 3 qb choice is going to be a star. 

The fact that they were seriously linked to AB and now AJ, Peterson turned down Chicago for DC after learning about our plans, and only went after 1 player in free agency...leads me to believe something serious is brewing

And Collins’ salary cap figure is only 4? Something about to go down.

43 minutes ago, Skin'emAlive said:

Tampa has taken calls on Mike Evans. 

3 minutes ago, Burgundy Yoda said:

Taking calls doesnt mean hes available, good GMs should listen to every proposal, regardless of how good the player is. Why would they trade Mike Evans?

I have no idea, I just know they have talked to Indi about a trade & I believe the Jets. He’s expensive, but I don’t know what the plan in Tampa is. 

12 minutes ago, volsmet said:

I have no idea, I just know they have talked to Indi about a trade & I believe the Jets. He’s expensive, but I don’t know what the plan in Tampa is. 

You have to give up your 1st + a little more for a WR that's only 25 and has had 5 1000+ yard seasons. Hes that good, I would be much happier with him than Green, but yes he will be mega expensive.

Makes no sense that Arians would not only come out of retirement with health problems for one last rodeo, but also commit to trying to salavage a young QB he has a personal relationship with...and then trade their young stud WR1. Not happening no matter what is rumored. 

5 minutes ago, ConnSKINS26 said:

Makes no sense that Arians would not only come out of retirement with health problems for one last rodeo, but also commit to trying to salavage a young QB he has a personal relationship with...and then trade their young stud WR1. Not happening no matter what is rumored. 

When the rumors come from people involved in the discussions, is it just a rumor. It’s getting deep tonight. 

🤙

So Ive been reading the tea leaves the past few weeks and have been racking my brain at the apparent direction the FO is going. Heres what we know:

1. We were 6-2 with a quarterback who largely played far below his average, using a strategy that in spite of the new found offensive revolution, apparently still works extremely well: play great against the run + dont turn the ball over + get turnovers. We were ugly... yet we were 6-2 in spite of that.

2. We were STILL within 1 game of the playoffs with the entire offensive line, their backups, and the backups backups save for Roulier out with season ending injuries, 1 "healthy" receiver in the lineup, a 33 year old running back as the sole source of offense, AND with a starting quarterback that had played for 10 years and 16 different teams without ever having won a single game.

3. There are only 7 known targets the organization has made in Free Agency as we know it: Keenum, Antonio Brown, Bell, Mosley, Collins, Peterson, and Clinton-Dix. You would think we would look into some lineman to fill the gaps. Those targets are high profile. They havent targeted or signed a single gap filler/upside/injury discount player.

4. Adrian Peterson could have chosen Chicago with Matt Nagy, and chose to stay in DC after talking with the brass about its plans.

5. The team has turned down any consideration of trading a 1st for Rosen.

6. They traded for Case Keenum, a guy who clearly has thrived as a backup... but no one would ever take seriously as a starter.

7. We are still in talks with high-profile veteran receivers, like AJ Green, who if they had their choice would take one look at our quarterback situation and hang up on any phone call within seconds. I refuse to believe that they think giving Keenum a top flight wr would send us to the promised land.

8. The contracts we have lined up are void of big money within the 1st year.

I know this board thinks our Front Office is inept, and certainly there are some head scratching moves, as there are with any franchise. But this is not the Washington Wizards we are talking about here. These guys clearly have a plan. The last 2 drafts have been almost perfect at rebuilding the defense from one of the worst to possibly one of the best. No one would make these kinds of moves without a clear and imminent plan in mind. These moves scream Our Time Is Now!

These moves indicate that they have a QB in mind, and want quality talent around him immediately WITH a backup QB who can both show him the ropes and be relied on to start if he had to. I dont know what that plan is... but with NY bowing out of the Haskins market, I think things just got real.

4 minutes ago, Skin'emAlive said:

These moves indicate that they have a QB in mind, and want quality talent around him immediately. I dont know what that plan is... but with NY bowing out of the Haskins market, I think things just got real.

What make you think NY is out on Haskins and we are out on Rosen?

2 hours ago, Hogs86 said:

If not AJ Green but maybe John Ross.  4.22 40 guy that has not done much for the bengals.

Tony Pauline @TonyPauline
FollowFollow @TonyPauline
More

Sources tell me the Cincinnati Bengals are hoping to trade receiver John Ross and will field offers during the combine. We'll have more tonight during our podcast.

10:37 AM - 26 Feb 2019

I wouldn't mind exploring a trade for John Ross.  We need someone to blow the top off opposing defenses.  Doubly important if we are going to emphasize our running game this season, to keep opposing safeties honest.  Ross's injuries are concerning--only 3 games played his rookie season, and 13 last year--but that could set us up for a good bargain.  Definitely worth exploring with Crowder out of the mix.  I wonder at draft time though, if DK Metcalf is on the board, would they pull the trigger? 

HA HA CLINTON-DIXDB, UNSIGNED FREE AGENT
9437.jpg

Free agent Ha Ha Clinton-Dix is visiting the Bears.

Clinton-Dix is the top remaining safety with all the other big names signed. He would replace Adrian Amos in Chicago, who signed with the Packers. The Redskins have been in talks to re-sign Clinton-Dix but haven't been able to get a deal done. Clinton-Dix is likely seeking Lamarcus Joyner money (four years, $42M)

1 minute ago, Califan007 said:

Geez...I hope everyone takes note of how many front offices around the league have "dysfunctional" moments, cuz there have been a lot in the news lately. it's not just Allen and Snyder.

They still suck.  Don't defend the incompetence. 

6 hours ago, volsmet said:

I would imagine he would be quite a haul. Something similar to OBJ. Not sure the talent gap is that large, and he isn't the headache OBJ has shown to be. I couldn't imagine giving up more than a 1st for him, considering the WR draft class this year. But a team like Indy that may be one piece away...

Archived