Riggo-toni

The 2019 Free Agency Tracker -Added: Landon Collins, Rodgers-Cromartie, Flowers. Lost:Preston Smith, Nsekhe, Crowder, HaHa

Recommended Posts

3 hours ago, bakedtater1 said:

I imagine he's all healed up by now.

He was all healed up when the Saints sign him. It was a freak injury, but tied together with an aging player who doesn't have a winning personality, he just doesn't offer the same reward to make it worth it.

 

I wanted Dez last season. This season, not so much.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, NickyJ said:

He was all healed up when the Saints sign him. It was a freak injury, but tied together with an aging player who doesn't have a winning personality, he just doesn't offer the same reward to make it worth it.

 

I wanted Dez last season. This season, not so much.

I would still take Dez for cheap, honestly just to watch him play the cowboys twice a year. I’ll tell you now Nobody is missing that game, that’s entertainment 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Except for the damn D-line (and that only happened recently), why the EFF are we so talentless/thin in almost every position. Like WTF have these guys been doing during the draft and free agency over the years. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, bakedtater1 said:

I imagine he's all healed up by now.

Dez couldn't get separation before he tore his achilles can't imagine he'd better now.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, max21 said:

I would still take Dez for cheap, honestly just to watch him play the cowboys twice a year. I’ll tell you now Nobody is missing that game, that’s entertainment 

I agree.  Watching Dez take a swing on Case Keenum for floating him into near decapitation would be entertaining for sure.

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

I agree.  Watching Dez take a swing on Case Keenum for floating him into near decapitation would be entertaining for sure.

Like I said pure entertainment. That’s why we watch the game, right? 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, NickyJ said:

He was all healed up when the Saints sign him. It was a freak injury, but tied together with an aging player who doesn't have a winning personality, he just doesn't offer the same reward to make it worth it.

 

I wanted Dez last season. This season, not so much.

Ahhh ok.i did not know that thanks man..hmm how the hell did I miss that...ohh it's all in my user name lol doooohhhhh..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My God didn't realise Trent Williams has had surgery/a major health scare, all now ok by the sounds on things but didn't sound great for a while. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, dyst said:

Except for the damn D-line (and that only happened recently), why the EFF are we so talentless/thin in almost every position. Like WTF have these guys been doing during the draft and free agency over the years. 

 

picking players who've gotten hurt or had something wrong with them.  For example at WR this year even if we don't draft one, we're going in with three guys who are borderline rookies drafted or signed as UDFA cause they were hurt or just spent all their time on the PS, Trey Quinn, Robert Davis, Cam Sims and Darvin Kidsey.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I wouldn't say we are talentless/thin in almost very position.  We have a glaring need at WR, mostly because to date Doctson has not panned out and Richardson has been hurt.  Most of our position groups are solid and some have real upside such as our RB group.  We can improve almost every group but that is true of most teams in the league, we have actually drafted pretty well the last few years and I don't hate our FA pick ups.  With 4 picks in the first 3 rounds we are in decent shape to add some starting talent there and we often seem to be players in the post draft free agency, scooping up one or two late cuts.  

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It's weird. From one perspective, tight end is pretty rich and deep with Reed, Davis, and Sprinkle. From another, Reed is an expensive, injury prone player, Davis is ancient, and Sprinkle has flashed, but is mostly an unknown. The offensive line when healthy is 4/5 very good, but lacks depth and is fragile as a piece of ceramics. The D Line, as mentioned above, is young, deep, and talented. We might also be pretty deep at linebacker.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, bakedtater1 said:

I'm also seeing the skins are in the works to make Suh the richest d linemen in history on a 5 year 110 million dollar deal?!?!??

Where did you hear this......or April fools

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, REDSKINS JR said:

Where did you hear this......or April fools

#Taterfieldsforever sports reporter

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, Burgold said:

It's weird. From one perspective, tight end is pretty rich and deep with Reed, Davis, and Sprinkle. From another, Reed is an expensive, injury prone player, Davis is ancient, and Sprinkle has flashed, but is mostly an unknown. The offensive line when healthy is 4/5 very good, but lacks depth and is fragile as a piece of ceramics. The D Line, as mentioned above, is young, deep, and talented. We might also be pretty deep at linebacker.

Yeah, absolutely.  

Even running back with Guice coming off injury, Thompson fragile and AP old - it’s a good group talent-wise, but shaky for the above reasons.  

 

If I were to boil down our major problems (leaving off qb), it’s A. injury issues amongst starters, and B. guys that have shown some promise but we don’t know if they’ll take the next step.  

A.  Reed, Thompson, Richardson, Guice, Williams, Moses, Quinn, Scherff

B. Anderson, SDH, Nicholson, Roullier, Stroman, Moreau, maybe Dunbar.

 

And of course, the guys that fit in both categories - like Cam Sims and Robert Davis.  

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, UK SKINS FAN '74 said:

My God didn't realise Trent Williams has had surgery/a major health scare, all now ok by the sounds on things but didn't sound great for a while. 

It used to be one would hear that kind of stuff here first...but I seen it on pft first, came here and nothing.. so I mentioned something in the good juju thread... That's not a customer complaint, please don't take it that way mods....but ya here's to Trent and his family, all the best for them going forward. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, REDSKINS JR said:

Any details on T W

Had a growth removed and is all clear should be good to go for tc.. but of course this being beyond football just hope for the best for him and his family going forward.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, carex said:

 

picking players who've gotten hurt or had something wrong with them.  For example at WR this year even if we don't draft one, we're going in with three guys who are borderline rookies drafted or signed as UDFA cause they were hurt or just spent all their time on the PS, Trey Quinn, Robert Davis, Cam Sims and Darvin Kidsey.

 

 

Speaking of Quinn, there seems to be pretty decent expectations for a guy who only played 2 games?

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, dyst said:

Speaking of Quinn, there seems to be pretty decent expectations for a guy who only played 2 games?

 

he was apparently something in college and slot receiver is a spot that guys can make an impact at quickly

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, carex said:

 

he was apparently something in college and slot receiver is a spot that guys can make an impact at quickly

Watch his college highlights.  You'll be amazed he lasted to the last pick in the NFL draft.

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Quinn has to prove he can stay healthy enough to play, the guy plays a game and then he's out for the next 8 or 9, we cant rely on that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, JSSkinz said:

Quinn has to prove he can stay healthy enough to play, the guy plays a game and then he's out for the next 8 or 9, we cant rely on that.

 

Hell, Guice runs two plays and then he's out for the season lol...

  • Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

I note the Titans starting LG, Quinten Spain got signed by Buffalo. 

 

Looks like the Skins FO is sleeping through the remainder of free agency and is pinning its O-line hopes on a reclamation project (Flowers), or m-a-y-b-e a low-round draft-pick who they figure they can plug&play at a key position.

 

I really don't understand this Front Office at all.  They've created so much pressure on themselves to have a perfect draft to solve everyone of their existing roster problems.  And by continuing to fail to be serious about their O-line short-falls, they're probably hamstringing their running game and putting even more pressure on their weak/under-performing receiving corps.  No decent offensive power means the games will be ugly to watch, even if the Skins manage to occasionally limp through for a win in a low-scoring game.

 

I'll bide my time to see how the draft unfolds -- but the Skins 2019 off-season efforts do not give me much confidence.  Looks like Allen is planning to load up on waiver-wire cuts again and then claim he's built a championship roster  😑

Edited by Wyvern
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, Wyvern said:

I note the Titans starting LG, Quinten Spain got signed by Buffalo. 

 

Looks like the Skins FO is sleeping through the remainder of free agency and is pinning its O-line hopes on a reclamation project (Flowers), or m-a-y-b-e a low-round draft-pick who they figure they can plug&play at a key position.

 

I really don't understand this Front Office at all.  They've created so much pressure on themselves to have a perfect draft to solve everyone of their existing roster problems.  And by continuing to fail to be serious about their O-line short-falls, they're probably hamstringing their running game and putting even more pressure on their weak/under-performing receiving corps.  No decent offensive power means the games will be ugly to watch, even if the Skins manage to occasionally limp through for a win in a low-scoring game.

 

I'll bide my time to see how the draft unfolds -- but the Skins 2019 off-season efforts do not give me much confidence.  Looks like Allen is planning to load up on waiver-wire cuts again and then claim he's built a championship roster  😑

 

there's still guys out there.  He's likely waiting till the post compensation pick period which enough teams are doing that sports writers have notices and written about it

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.