Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Ye Auld 2019 Free Agency Tracker

Riggo-toni

3 minutes ago, CapsSkins said:

$14M/yr for Collins

Verdict? Smart spend or overpay?

84 mil.  That's a lot of money.  I think it is overpay, but it definitely plugs a hole.  

I can't help but think part of the reason they went after Collins is to kill the noise following the knee jerk release of dj. They are obviously very aware of fan unrest, and since Collins is an upgrade over dj, they have successfully killed that noise.  

Also, takes a player away from a rival.  And i love the Alabama connection.

But like I've said, all these contracts this week will not be good value.  Time will tell.  

The Redskins will be signing safety Landon Collins, who told ESPN's Josina Anderson the news. He'll receive a deal worth up to $84 million for six years, per multiple reports. That's serious money and partly a function of their inability to draft and develop anyone at this position for most of the last decade. Collins for their inability to draft/develop others there in past. But he gives them one of the best in-the-box safeties in the NFL and also someone who can help improve the culture and leadership on Washington's defense. That was sorely needed. He also grew up a big fan of late Redskins safety Sean Taylor and wore his number 21 with the New York Giants.

i?img=%2Fi%2Fcolumnists%2Ffull%2Fkeim_john.png&w=80&h=80&scale=crop
John Keim, ESPN Staff Writer1m ago

2 minutes ago, KillBill26 said:

84 mil.  That's a lot of money.  I think it is overpay, but it definitely plugs a hole.  

I can't help but think part of the reason they went after Collins is to kill the noise following the knee jerk release of dj. They are obviously very aware of fan unrest, and since Collins is an upgrade over dj, they have successfully killed that noise.  

Also, takes a player away from a rival.  And i love the Alabama connection.

But like I've said, all these contracts this week will not be good value.  Time will tell.  

Not much of that has anything to do with becoming a contending tackle football team.

3 minutes ago, Riggo#44 said:

I'll bet Landon Collins salary we use him all wrong.

I've got the same feeling. We've gone through so many safeties that were supposed to "finally fix" our safety position... Atogwe, the three headed monster of Madieu, Meriweather, and Tanard Jackson, Ryan Clark 2.0, Dashon Goldson, HaHa... Swearinger was our closest to fixing it, I just have no faith that this time will be different.

I was surprised Landon Collins wasn't a splash article on the front.   It's a big signing and signals something few expected.   Watch for more coming.   At least two more pretty substantial moves.   

2 minutes ago, Art said:

I was surprised Landon Collins wasn't a splash article on the front.   It's a big signing and signals something few expected.   Watch for more coming.   At least two more pretty substantial moves.   

Hmmm... does one rhyme with Beveon Lell?

Archived