Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Ye Auld 2019 Free Agency Tracker

Riggo-toni

3 hours ago, bakedtater1 said:

I imagine he's all healed up by now.

He was all healed up when the Saints sign him. It was a freak injury, but tied together with an aging player who doesn't have a winning personality, he just doesn't offer the same reward to make it worth it.

I wanted Dez last season. This season, not so much.

25 minutes ago, NickyJ said:

He was all healed up when the Saints sign him. It was a freak injury, but tied together with an aging player who doesn't have a winning personality, he just doesn't offer the same reward to make it worth it.

I would still take Dez for cheap, honestly just to watch him play the cowboys twice a year. I’ll tell you now Nobody is missing that game, that’s entertainment 

Except for the damn D-line (and that only happened recently), why the EFF are we so talentless/thin in almost every position. Like WTF have these guys been doing during the draft and free agency over the years. 

18 minutes ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

I agree.  Watching Dez take a swing on Case Keenum for floating him into near decapitation would be entertaining for sure.

Like I said pure entertainment. That’s why we watch the game, right? 

1 hour ago, NickyJ said:

Ahhh ok.i did not know that thanks man..hmm how the hell did I miss that...ohh it's all in my user name lol doooohhhhh..

1 hour ago, dyst said:

Except for the damn D-line (and that only happened recently), why the EFF are we so talentless/thin in almost every position. Like WTF have these guys been doing during the draft and free agency over the years. 

picking players who've gotten hurt or had something wrong with them.  For example at WR this year even if we don't draft one, we're going in with three guys who are borderline rookies drafted or signed as UDFA cause they were hurt or just spent all their time on the PS, Trey Quinn, Robert Davis, Cam Sims and Darvin Kidsey.

I wouldn't say we are talentless/thin in almost very position.  We have a glaring need at WR, mostly because to date Doctson has not panned out and Richardson has been hurt.  Most of our position groups are solid and some have real upside such as our RB group.  We can improve almost every group but that is true of most teams in the league, we have actually drafted pretty well the last few years and I don't hate our FA pick ups.  With 4 picks in the first 3 rounds we are in decent shape to add some starting talent there and we often seem to be players in the post draft free agency, scooping up one or two late cuts.  

It's weird. From one perspective, tight end is pretty rich and deep with Reed, Davis, and Sprinkle. From another, Reed is an expensive, injury prone player, Davis is ancient, and Sprinkle has flashed, but is mostly an unknown. The offensive line when healthy is 4/5 very good, but lacks depth and is fragile as a piece of ceramics. The D Line, as mentioned above, is young, deep, and talented. We might also be pretty deep at linebacker.

26 minutes ago, Burgold said:

It's weird. From one perspective, tight end is pretty rich and deep with Reed, Davis, and Sprinkle. From another, Reed is an expensive, injury prone player, Davis is ancient, and Sprinkle has flashed, but is mostly an unknown. The offensive line when healthy is 4/5 very good, but lacks depth and is fragile as a piece of ceramics. The D Line, as mentioned above, is young, deep, and talented. We might also be pretty deep at linebacker.

Yeah, absolutely.  

Even running back with Guice coming off injury, Thompson fragile and AP old - it’s a good group talent-wise, but shaky for the above reasons.  

If I were to boil down our major problems (leaving off qb), it’s A. injury issues amongst starters, and B. guys that have shown some promise but we don’t know if they’ll take the next step.  

A.  Reed, Thompson, Richardson, Guice, Williams, Moses, Quinn, Scherff

B. Anderson, SDH, Nicholson, Roullier, Stroman, Moreau, maybe Dunbar.

And of course, the guys that fit in both categories - like Cam Sims and Robert Davis.  

5 hours ago, UK SKINS FAN '74 said:

My God didn't realise Trent Williams has had surgery/a major health scare, all now ok by the sounds on things but didn't sound great for a while. 

It used to be one would hear that kind of stuff here first...but I seen it on pft first, came here and nothing.. so I mentioned something in the good juju thread... That's not a customer complaint, please don't take it that way mods....but ya here's to Trent and his family, all the best for them going forward. 

5 hours ago, carex said:

picking players who've gotten hurt or had something wrong with them.  For example at WR this year even if we don't draft one, we're going in with three guys who are borderline rookies drafted or signed as UDFA cause they were hurt or just spent all their time on the PS, Trey Quinn, Robert Davis, Cam Sims and Darvin Kidsey.

Speaking of Quinn, there seems to be pretty decent expectations for a guy who only played 2 games?

18 minutes ago, dyst said:

Speaking of Quinn, there seems to be pretty decent expectations for a guy who only played 2 games?

he was apparently something in college and slot receiver is a spot that guys can make an impact at quickly

18 minutes ago, carex said:

he was apparently something in college and slot receiver is a spot that guys can make an impact at quickly

Watch his college highlights.  You'll be amazed he lasted to the last pick in the NFL draft.

I note the Titans starting LG, Quinten Spain got signed by Buffalo. 

Looks like the Skins FO is sleeping through the remainder of free agency and is pinning its O-line hopes on a reclamation project (Flowers), or m-a-y-b-e a low-round draft-pick who they figure they can plug&play at a key position.

I really don't understand this Front Office at all.  They've created so much pressure on themselves to have a perfect draft to solve everyone of their existing roster problems.  And by continuing to fail to be serious about their O-line short-falls, they're probably hamstringing their running game and putting even more pressure on their weak/under-performing receiving corps.  No decent offensive power means the games will be ugly to watch, even if the Skins manage to occasionally limp through for a win in a low-scoring game.

I'll bide my time to see how the draft unfolds -- but the Skins 2019 off-season efforts do not give me much confidence.  Looks like Allen is planning to load up on waiver-wire cuts again and then claim he's built a championship roster  😑

33 minutes ago, Wyvern said:

I note the Titans starting LG, Quinten Spain got signed by Buffalo. 

Looks like the Skins FO is sleeping through the remainder of free agency and is pinning its O-line hopes on a reclamation project (Flowers), or m-a-y-b-e a low-round draft-pick who they figure they can plug&play at a key position.

I really don't understand this Front Office at all.  They've created so much pressure on themselves to have a perfect draft to solve everyone of their existing roster problems.  And by continuing to fail to be serious about their O-line short-falls, they're probably hamstringing their running game and putting even more pressure on their weak/under-performing receiving corps.  No decent offensive power means the games will be ugly to watch, even if the Skins manage to occasionally limp through for a win in a low-scoring game.

I'll bide my time to see how the draft unfolds -- but the Skins 2019 off-season efforts do not give me much confidence.  Looks like Allen is planning to load up on waiver-wire cuts again and then claim he's built a championship roster  😑

there's still guys out there.  He's likely waiting till the post compensation pick period which enough teams are doing that sports writers have notices and written about it

Archived