Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Ye Auld 2019 Free Agency Tracker

Riggo-toni

Just now, Harriet33 said:

You are absolutely correct...he was terrible.  No ball skills, can't tackle, and doesn't want to hit.  Hard to understand how he gets all this positive hype.  I would rate him one of the worst FS out there.  I'd take my chances with a late round pick before him.

Mid-season acquisition after the wheels were already falling off... not sure it really showed his abilities, though i'll also admit that he didn't look the best out there in the B & G in limited time...

HaHa Clinton-Dix was a pro-bowl caliber FS before last season. I would chalk last year up to a down year and learning a new defense. He's also best as a roaming FS, which is where DJ was best too. Having Collins and Dix would be a nice tandem, IMO. People are too short-sided with these guys. There are down years (See Reed, Norman). That doesn't mean you cut them the first chance you get. Teams stick with guys because they value them knowing the system and understand their upside.

26 minutes ago, HigSkin said:

He's going to get some deal between Amos and Collins so it isn't going to be cheap unless they rig the contract like they did with Collins.  🙂

According to NFLN, he's now the best safety that isn't signed.

I really believe that Tre Boston is the best option and would cost less.  Something happened with Dix and I don't know what it was.  He didn't look himself last year.  Also, Tre is more of a FS than Dix is, IMO. :)

7 minutes ago, CurseReversed said:

Werent the skins pretty high on bergstrom at LG while he was healthy?  He might be their backup plan at LG if they dont find someone in the draft that is an upgrade.

not really.  To the point the initial plan for guard injuries was to move Roullier to G and put Bergstrom at C.  They tried that at RG when Scherff missed part of a game and it didn't work out.  Also, he's also a free agent

1 minute ago, SemperFi Skins said:

So we're all ok with Nick Saban as the next HC? 

Never happen in a million years.  I wouldn't be surprise if O' Connell were HC though.  Kyle Smith loves him some Bama players though.

7 minutes ago, RWJ said:

Never happen in a million years.  I wouldn't be surprise if O' Connell were HC though.  Kyle Smith loves him some Bama players though.

6/11ths of next year’s starting defense likely to be Bama guys (7/11ths if SDH starts and HCD returns), and they tried to make it more by pursuing Moseley.

When you consider they only started drafting Alabama guys 2 drafts ago, that’s a lot of personnel from one school. Mostly good players, so not too many gripes about it, but it doesn’t take the place of actually being able to identify and develop talent. 

I also agree that if O’Connell shines in his new role, that he’s primed for a HC gig the next time Jay stumbles. 

Definitely think we go guard in the draft as opposed to FA, there is not much out there and you have to pay a lot of money for even mediocre performance.  I did like what I saw from Cooper but I don't know if he would be fit by camp and his injury history is a concern.  Clinton-Dix would need to be for not a lot guaranteed and he may well get a better offer.  

23 minutes ago, SemperFi Skins said:

Why would Saban leave college? He signed an 7 year, $84M deal where he has 100% control, constantly gets the best recruits and is considered the gold standard of the NCAA. 

In contrast, Jay Gruden signed a 5 year. $20M deal and is on the ropes to perform. 

The only way we can get him is to offer a Jon Gruden deal (10 years, $100M) and Snyder/Allen have to give him full control. That will never happen...

11 minutes ago, Unbias said:

Why would Saban leave college? He signed an 7 year, $84M deal where he has 100% control, constantly gets the best recruits and is considered the gold standard of the NCAA. 

In contrast, Jay Gruden signed a 5 year. $20M deal and is on the ropes to perform. 

The only way we can get him is to offer a Jon Gruden deal (10 years, $100M) and Snyder/Allen have to give him full control. That will never happen...

Ego and challenge. Saban probably has all the money he needs and has reached the mountain top in college football. There's every reason to think he's content with that, but some people are driven by the next mountain to climb. He failed once at the NFL. There's a chance he has an itch to conquer Mt. Redskins... after all, it's a  challenge few have mastered and made many well-pedigreed coaches to fall to their deaths.

To master Mt. Redskins would cement him as one of the greatest coaches not just of college football, but Olympus itself.

15 minutes ago, Unbias said:

Ego would really be the only reason Saban leaves. To prove that he can succeed in the NFL after previously failing. Otherwise there's really no good reason

So Brown and McGee gone.  And of course Smith, Crowder and Neskhe to FA.  How much money do we have to spend?   And is there any OL players available worth targeting because as far as I am concerned the big loss in this group is Neskhe. If not, we are either first or second pick going OL. 

7 minutes ago, max21 said:

Pretty wild about Zach Brown, we all wanted him so bad lol. Super fast LB and it’s crazy how last season ended up for him. Kinda had a thought some off field issues affected his play it seemed like 

His off field issue was that he got paid. Before, when he was hungry for a deal, he played like he was hungry. After getting $6M (singing bonus + salary + other bonuses) his 'hunger' subsided and he no longer played 'hungry'. 

Now that he's a FA he'll sign a one year, prove it, type deal. He'll be hungry, perform well, get paid, then not live up to the contract.

As an Alabama resident I put the chance at 0.01% he leaves even it is for a record breaking deal to coach a blue chip franchise like the Pats or Steelers.  Mrs. Saban is the main reason he left Miami after 2 years and it is widely understood around Tuscaloosa that she would Bobbit him if he ever contemplated trying the NFL again.

4 minutes ago, Burgold said:

Ego and challenge. Saban probably has all the money he needs and has reached the mountain top in college football. There's every reason to think he's content with that, but some people are driven by the next mountain to climb. He failed once at the NFL. There's a chance he has an itch to conquer Mt. Redskins... after all, it's a  challenge few have mastered and made many well-pedigreed coaches to fall to their deaths.

To master Mt. Redskins would cement him as one of the greatest coaches not just of college football, but Olympus itself.

Or be a black mark on his legacy (much like the Dolphins run was). 

From his side there's risk/reward and he's an insane micro manager who thrives in an environment where he's teaching kids to be ready for the NFl. I doubt he'd be willing to give up the control needed to go to the NFL or be willing to tackle some of the egos he'd be forced to deal with. 

49 minutes ago, SemperFi Skins said:

Will never happen.  Saban will never coach in the NFL again.  Last year he signed a 8 year contract worth 74 million total which keeps him at Bama through the 2025 season.  Plus he's 66 years old.  And until he retires, will continue to recruit studs and make championship appearances.  

I'm going to assume you were joking...........I hope you are :cheers:

Archived