Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Ye Auld 2019 Free Agency Tracker

Riggo-toni

1 hour ago, JSSkinz said:

I'm not sure why some are enamored with Teddy, lifetime he's 29 TD's and 23 Ints and his QBR in both years he started would put him at or near the bottom 3rd of the league.

because people think he has unrealized potential due to the injuries

43 minutes ago, carex said:

because people think he has unrealized potential due to the injuries

Probably because it appeared he was trending in positive direction. 

2015 (age 23 season) he played all 16 games and team won 11 games. 

I have zero direct insight, as I can remember zero games of him and have no basis to compare his game to game or season to season improvement. 

2 hours ago, JSSkinz said:

I'm not sure why some are enamored with Teddy, lifetime he's 29 TD's and 23 Ints and his QBR in both years he started would put him at or near the bottom 3rd of the league.

Agree, I don't get the love either.

3 hours ago, Jericho said:

Don't really understand the allure of Peterson on a 3 year deal. Many people thought he was washed up before last season. Turns out he was not, but when the cliff comes, it tends to come fast. 

I think the three year deal will be more for cap and cosmetic reasons more than anything else. A one year 5 mil deal is pretty bad for our cap situation in 2019.

A 4mil signing bonus and a 1mil salary in 2019, combined with a 3year deal, make the cap hit in 2019 less than 2.5mil.

thats my logic as to why we may see a multi year deal for AP.

On 2/23/2019 at 12:24 PM, JSSkinz said:

1) He was a pro-bowler prior to the injury. 

2) He looked good in the 2018 pre-season with the Jets. Against us. See the link below.

3) Sean Payton likes him.

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-game-highlights/0ap3000000948441/Every-Teddy-Bridgewater-throw-Preseason-Week-2

On 2/23/2019 at 2:24 PM, JSSkinz said:

I will say that if you have full choice of all options, Bridgewater is the most interesting because there's an element of the unknown. You know what you'll get with guys like Taylor, Bortles, Tannehill and to some extent Keenum. But Bridgewater is a bit of a wild card. A former first round pick with at least competent stats, but then nothing for 3 years due to injuries and various QB situations. And New Orleans spent a 3rd round pick to acquire him last year despite not needing him to actually play a down. So there's still some love there and that allure of the unknown.

Kind of reminds me when the Redskins were looking to trade Jason Campbell. Campbell wasn't a terrible NFL QB, but you knew what he was and he wasn't going to be your starter. At the same time, Seattle was dealing Charlie Whitehurst. Whitehurst was a complete unknown. But Whitehurst fetched a third round pick with a swap of second rounders. Campbell got a 4th round pick, though it was for two years after the deal was made. So a much lower return for Campbell. Turns out Whitehurst sucked and was worse than Campbell. But NFL teams talked themselves into the unknown of what Whitehurst could be over what Campbell was.

On 2/23/2019 at 2:24 PM, JSSkinz said:

Look at the current crop of FAs, all you have to believe is that Bridgewater is the best one available to us. The other FA options are to sign Taylor or resign Johnson. Taylor is no better than a wash against Bridgewater.  Johnson definitely a far inferior choice. Other alternative is to trade up and overdraft a guy, hope we get lucky or roll with McCoy.

Sean Payton gave up a third for him.  He was pretty much the only guy left interested in Brees after Brees was injured at the end of 2005.  Problem is here would be how hot Sean is to keep him.  If we get him without paying too much, I'd be worried.

29 minutes ago, HigSkin said:

These 5 teams would likely pursue Landon Collins if Giants let him walk
Cowboys, Bucs, Chiefs, 49r's and Skins

I also read today peter king thinks the redskins are one of the teams that have a shot at landing Antonio Brown.. although he would be leaving a team that makes the playoffs every year and is a legit super bowl contender damn near every year to come to... this dumpster fire of a team/FO.. who coincidentally has no qb to throw him the ball.

Sounds like agent hype to get interest/price drummed up.

I would like to see the FO go after a top tier pass rusher like Dlaw or Clowney though.. put one of those guys next to Allen, Payne, Settle Kerrigan and Anderson and let the bodies hit the floor.

Gonna cost a bunch though.

Don't see how the team will sign one of those guys, resign Ha-Ha, and pursue a WR or S if Landon Collins does indeed become available..

I dont get the Bridgewater love either..  He hasn't started in 3 years... the guy was average at best before he got hurt and since he hasn't played, nobody knows if its an injury that could creep back up. He is no better than the crop of other available QBs and none are better than a below average stop gap. Some will get overpaid no doubt.. thats the nature of it.. but it shouldn't be the Skins.

1) He was a pro-bowler prior to the injury - for 1 year before NFL got tape on him and its been 3 years.

2) He looked good in the 2018 pre-season with the Jets. Against us. See the link below - QBs often look good in preseason against vanilla Ds, that often does not translate to regular season

3) Sean Payton likes him - Have you seen the saints FA pickups over the last 5 years.. .they've been really bad

1 hour ago, oraphus said:

1) He was a pro-bowler prior to the injury - for 1 year before NFL got tape on him and its been 3 years.

Not sure i understand what you’re trying to get at here...that 1 year was his 2015 season and he was out for all of 2016 AND 2017 cause of the injury, and backup to Brees in 2018 (those being the 3 years since his pro bowl type season). Not like he had much of a choice, or a chance for the NFL to see how he’d play after the teams got tape on him (because of the injury). If he went to a team where he’d actually start instead of being the backup, who knows how he’d do🤷🏻‍♂️ heck, he might shock some people. 

2 hours ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

Not sure i understand what you’re trying to get at here...that 1 year was his 2015 season and he was out for all of 2016 AND 2017 cause of the injury, and backup to Brees in 2018 (those being the 3 years since his pro bowl type season). Not like he had much of a choice, or a chance for the NFL to see how he’d play after the teams got tape on him (because of the injury). If he went to a team where he’d actually start instead of being the backup, who knows how he’d do🤷🏻‍♂️ heck, he might shock some people. 

he threw for 3200yds and 14Tds 9int .. thats not exactly probowl numbers on an O that moved through AP. Bortles and Osweiler both come to mind as QBs that had success early only to fall off a cliff. Bridgewater has not yet put enough on tape to warrant a decent contract that he will undoubtably want. 

I am not against bridgewater but just dont see Skins winning here.. I doubt he is going to sign for anything less than 10mil per year. and thats too high a price for Skins for a qb that might not even beat out Mccoy for a starting job

6 minutes ago, bakedtater1 said:

Bruce Allen or Jonathan Allen?

Ohh right. Shoulda made that clearer. Jonathan Allen. With Payne, Guice, a team official and dans assistant. 

Chad (the Australian guy who had been to training camp a few years) and the redskinstoday Twitter Page brought it up cause they didn’t hear it had been reported at all which is kinda strange. It’s some mystery flight or something. Might not mean anything at all, but heck, it’s the offseason so i need anything to talk about at this point 😂

54 minutes ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

Ohh right. Shoulda made that clearer. Jonathan Allen. With Payne, Guice, a team official and dans assistant. 

Chad (the Australian guy who had been to training camp a few years) and the redskinstoday Twitter Page brought it up cause they didn’t hear it had been reported at all which is kinda strange. It’s some mystery flight or something. Might not mean anything at all, but heck, it’s the offseason so i need anything to talk about at this point 😂

Hail ya..ya I remember Chad.. interesting tidbits..thanks for sharing.

I am sticking to a wanting a reboot kind of season in 2019 to set up for the kill 2020.  So I am ok with them doing nothing or do their vintage Bruce baragain basement FA signings which often amount to the same thing -- nothing.  But if they have to play in FA and they are serious with a win now season, then this dude might help the receiver corp as long as they don't totally break the bank for him.  I doubt they do it, though. 

https://www.profootballfocus.com/news/pro-2019-free-agency-profile-tyrell-williams?utm_source=cj&utm_medium=affiliate&utm_campaign=cjaff&cjevent=ab5db4b439c011e9817e00b60a240612

TYRELL-1024x577.png

Williams has proved himself as a true deep threat, catching a 75-plus yard touchdown in three of his four seasons and leading the league in deep pass yards in the first seven weeks of 2018 (291 yards). The Western Oregon alumnus’ 15.9 yards per reception ranks 10th among qualifying wide receivers. The four-year veteran has been the third or fourth fiddle in the Los Angeles Chargers’ offense for a majority of his career, but that hasn’t hurt his numbers with Philip Rivers throwing him the football.

Archived