Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

HH: Coach Speculation Publication: STs Kaczor; DBs Horton; TEs Angelichio; ILBs Rob Ryan; OC OConnell; QBs Rattay; Tomsula $$$

Malapropismic Depository

2 minutes ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

Lol. Can’t wait for the dumpster fire next season....

It's all I can hang on to.  Football dream -- Dan gets embarrassed and does one of his phony mea culpas, Bruce is canned, FO shake up and they are positioned to take Tua in the draft.   😀

forgot that Pagano is out there, too

3 hours ago, HigSkin said:

Update on Joe Woods as D coordinator...

https://milehighsports.com/whos-coaching-with-vic-fangio-broncos-assistant-updates/

Defensively, Joe Woods has been allowed to take interviews with other teams per Klis. Apparently three teams are talking with Woods about potential defensive coordinator positions.

So, in all likelihood, Woods will be gone this year, too. Woods was brought in by Vance Joseph and coached the defense for the last two years. Denver, horrendously, gave up 323 rushing yards to the New York Jets this year and couldn’t even slow down, let alone stop, a single tight end the last two seasons.

HigSkin, I mentioned Joe Woods in one of my first post on this thread.  His name was mentioned by Klis as our new DB coach and I stated watch him become our new DC.  He has ties to TB (Allen).  He's not that good and wouldn't be an improvement over Manusky.  So until it all gets blown up or Allen is gone we continue with the good ole boy TB connections.

39 minutes ago, HigSkin said:

I suppose Marvin Lewis is the only "big" name still out there but can't imagine he would come here even with rumors him and Jay are tight.

We're not signing big names.

We're interviewing to look like we're doind our homework.

Then Bruce signs the cheapest guy.

Because yeah, that's probably the common point between Barry and Manusky, they were more than likely the cheapest guys to sign for DC.

18 hours ago, Califan007 said:

That's the difference between online interactions and real-life ones lol...dumbassery gets magnified online due to the anonymity of it all. And I think the 'wish we had Smith" comments were due to interacting with a Skins fan, and that for some reason Alex just seems to always win, regardless of what franchise he's playing for. Dak was throwing 160 yards per game at the time with a stout OLine, Ezekiel Elliott and a strong defense...and was losing like a mf'er. Smith was throwing 180 yards per game with a worse running game, injury-ravaged OLine, and a worse defense...and was helping the team win. Better to win ugly than lose ugly, and the Cowboys had some damn ugly losses.

yeah, not sold on Dak...was startin to get sold on Alex lol

I wonder if this will be any type of departure from the coach raw talent into good players philosophy into a grab bag of free agents like we did before or will it be like lower value free agents. It's interesting

Plus what will happen to Gray? Will we have a cb coach and a s coach? Will Gray coach elsewhere? 

Jason La Canfora was just on The Other Pregame Show this morning.  Said Gregg Williams will be negotiating with the Jets today. If deal doesn’t get done, Dan Snyder has Redskins One standing by to bring him to Washington.

London Fletcher (also on) said Snyder regrets letting Williams go in 2008 for Zorn, and that the players loved Gregg. 

24 minutes ago, Andre The Giant said:

Jason La Canfora was just on The Other Pregame Show this morning.  Said Gregg Williams will be negotiating with the Jets today. If deal doesn’t get done, Dan Snyder has Redskins One standing by to bring him to Washington.

London Fletcher (also on) said Snyder regrets letting Williams go in 2008 for Zorn, and that the players loved Gregg. 

I'll believe that when I see it.

If anything its nothing more than a PR move, a false show of intent, to even consider GW coming here.

Even if the miniscule chance of him actually getting a job here happens, he would be so hamstrung he would lose it and go off on Allen and maybe Snyder. hmmm....

37 minutes ago, skins island connection said:

If anything its nothing more than a PR move, a false show of intent, to even consider GW coming here.

Even if the miniscule chance of him actually getting a job here happens, he would be so hamstrung he would lose it and go off on Allen and maybe Snyder. hmmm....

If I had to guess:

Jets are willing to offer the DC job to Gregg site unseen (thus the existing negotiating window).  Gruden prefers to keep Manusky.  Snyder implored Allen to look at Gregg as DC.  Skins/Gruden agreed to meet with Gregg, but won’t just offer the job until they’ve met and can feel good about working together.

Allen’s appeasing Snyder by bringing Gregg in, but also backing Jay by requiring a meeting to be held before a formal offer is provided.

45 minutes ago, Andre The Giant said:

If I had to guess:

Jets are willing to offer the DC job to Gregg site unseen (thus the existing negotiating window).  Gruden prefers to keep Manusky.  Snyder implored Allen to look at Gregg as DC.  Skins/Gruden agreed to meet with Gregg, but won’t just offer the job until they’ve met and can feel good about working together.

Allen’s appeasing Snyder by bringing Gregg in, but also backing Jay by requiring a meeting to be held before a formal offer is provided.

Old school Dan would likely reach out to Gregg's agent and say we will offer $500,000 more than the Jets offer.  He had his faults but he was rarely out negotiated especially if its for someone who allegedly at least has some interest coming here.

My guess is neither Bruce or Jay would want Gregg here for similar reasons.  

That's why I've said here for days, this hire would shock me in a good way.  And I like Gregg but its not really about him but that style of hire would be so going against the grain -- for Dan-Bruce who seem to be more dug and stubborn in their ways versus less so as they get older.

1 hour ago, skins island connection said:

That's what I think, too.

13 minutes ago, skinfan2k said:

GW will not come here.  This is a 1 year job.  This **** is getting blown up next year after we go 4-12. 

Maybe not a 1 year job. IF and I say big if Snyder really regrets not hiring GW it’s very possible that if he’s here and Gruden gets let go he’s made the HC

39 minutes ago, skinfan2k said:

GW will not come here.  This is a 1 year job.  This **** is getting blown up next year after we go 4-12. 

I am not one of Jay's critics on the board but its hard to miss that's he's likely lame duck so if anything it can be a good situation for Gregg to springboard into a HC job.

But for other reasons, I don't think it happens.  Got my doubts that Bruce or Jay would want him for their own unique reasons and ditto Dan and ditto Gregg.

Archived