Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

HH: Coach Speculation Publication: STs Kaczor; DBs Horton; TEs Angelichio; ILBs Rob Ryan; OC OConnell; QBs Rattay; Tomsula $$$

Malapropismic Depository

19 minutes ago, owa said:

I love it.  Fan base and media in a complete meltdown. :)  Hopefully burn themselves out soon.  I couldn't have wished for more.  Hopefully "different" fans and media coverage in the near future. ;)  People complain about Snyder, Bruce, etc. but I'd rather trade the fans and the media for something more respectful. Just my two cents.

Are you a Cowboys fan? Must be if you’re happy to see fans leaving and Dan and Bruce staying. 

8 minutes ago, Wildbunny said:

Well, at the very least, deny that tweet from your own tweet account would have probably been enough...

I always find it weird when a company doesn't step up for their guys, especially when they say they've been fired and they're not. At least officially.

Anyway, that offseason is really starting in the weirdest of the ways...

And continued radio silence on Jay’s status is also confusing. 

Is anyone steering this ship?

12 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

You are making my point.  I know you hate and don't accept the label.   I am not debating otherwise.  We are on the same page on that front.  Heck a different poster had fun with you months ago about how many nice things you say about Bruce so why not just own it and then you in jest said ok you love Bruce Allen.  But again, I am not the only dude who sees you relatively in the tank for Bruce regardless of your occasional disclaimer.  And yeah in recent weeks you've come on much stronger on being a critic and now you are even globalizing yourself as one -- and that is a change but I notice you still like just about every post that defends him for whatever reason.  

You like to label yourself as a dude just bringing reason and you don't really have a strong slant one way or another.  You've defended Bruce on many other slants than the media supposedly misrepresenting him.  His "good" hires, him focusing on the draft, Kirk, him being misrepresented considering his record.  The media angle actually is the one du jour.  You've had plenty of angles in the past.

And look i acknowledge your new macro position.  But your likes and some of your posts show some inconsistency on that front -- and even that's fine to me but when you go on about being the one who is looking at this in a much more stable way emotionally than us critics -- am going to hit that back because to me that's not the case from my point if view.    You got emotionally tinged posts as much as anyone from what I've observed.   Just because you don't feel as intensely as others about what's going wrong with the FO -- doesn't IMO mean you are bringing reason here.  It's just you having a different position and that's different.

Don't run from what I asked you. This will be a perfect little test. Find something in this thread that I liked or posted that shows me defending Bruce and/or contradicts or makes my disclaimers disingenuous.

6 minutes ago, HardcoreZorn said:

Don't run from what I asked you. This will be a perfect little test. Find something in this thread that I liked or posted that shows me defending Bruce and/or contradicts or makes my disclaimers disingenuous.

What does that have to do with anything?  This isn't a Bruce thread.  Want me to pull a ton of them from the Bruce thread?  It's like me saying I am not a Kirk guy.  Find one post about Kirk in this thread? See you can't find a post, gotcha?  

18 hours ago, HardcoreZorn said:

With 2 games left in the year, 13 other NFL teams had more wins than the Redskins since the start of 2015. So if we’re THAT dysfunctional, are we conceding that half the league is dysfunctional or worse? Over a sample of nearly half a decade’s worth of games? 

On the Bruce thread, me and a host of others argued with you a ton on Bruce.  Heck if I recall, it was just a few weeks ago where someone defended Bruce who more or less said hey be careful what you all wish for because you might regret him being gone.  And you responded by complemented the dude's post and said good luck dude for bringing logic to this discussion. 

If your position is now all about this thread alone -- yeah your angle here is the media and things aren't as bad as we think it is.  It would be one thing if I wasn't familiar with all your other posts but they all flow to the same theme -- you think we are too harsh at Dan and Bruce.  And you got multiple angles to make that point.  

You tout your disclaimers as part of your objectivity on that point.  But we pretty much all have disclaimers on our macro points.  I am relatively pro Jay and Kirk but if you cherry pick some of my posts, I've ripped both to shreds a number of times including on a macro level and did so even recently.  Heck I've ripped Bruce and still do but took some macro positions on his behalf.  Ditto Dan.  I don't pretend those disclaimers though make me neutral and or more emotionally contained on those subjects.  That's just me saying I mostly like them but here are somethings I don't like.  I think that's the case for almost all of us on any position.

And even if I took your position the way you seem to want people to take it which is heck people are too harsh on Dan-Bruce.  That's still a position.  And you do it as emotionally and heavy handed as anyone here on their positions.    And that's all cool.  But when you imply otherwise.  I challenge that.  That's all.   

With 2 games left in the year, 13 other NFL teams had more wins than the Redskins since the start of 2015. So if we’re THAT dysfunctional, are we conceding that half the league is dysfunctional or worse? Over a sample of nearly half a decade’s worth of games? 

How does the above=defending the FO? That was from this thread as you already pointed out, and the point was, it's a bit ludicrous to automatically believe the report Callahan/Tomsula are fleeing the team because of how dysfunctional we are. I mean for one, both of those guys have been given plentiful resources. Allocating high picks to the lines I would argue is a sensible thing to do, and something the positional coaches have to respect and appreciate. And two, these guys have been here during a run where we are the very definition of mediocre, which is what the above was illustrating. So again, why would they be fleeing? And to where? Miami? NY Jets? Arizona? Some other team that sucks even worse than we do? Now it's come out that Tomsula's contract is up, so he doesn't need to flee anything.

A very good example of what I'm talking about. You read the above and your mind instantly thinks HCZorn is staunchly defending the FO. When in reality, I'm poking holes in logic in a report that doesn't make much sense to me. And calling our fans out for putting zero thought into the matter and running with it because it aligns with what they already believe. There's a difference.

31 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

On the Bruce thread, me and a host of others argued with you a ton on Bruce.  Heck if I recall, it was just a few weeks ago where someone defended Bruce who more or less said hey be careful what you all wish for because you might regret him being gone.

Yes, and I also commented saying be careful what you wish for because last time the fans got their wish and pushed Vinny out the door, they got the guy who is now labeled as worse than Vinny lol.

Even in the post where I made my "disclaimers" I wanted Bruce gone and "globalized myself as a FO critic," I stated that I appreciate the things Bruce brought to the table more than probably 99% of this fan base. And I stand by that, never have hid from it and never will. But it's clear a change at the top is needed and I highlighted the reasons in my mind why that's the case. That won't stop me from taking a measured approach when these reports come out and get frustrated with those who gobble them up with zero to no thought at all.

39 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

What does that have to do with anything?  This isn't a Bruce thread.  Want me to pull a ton of them from the Bruce thread?  It's like me saying I am not a Kirk guy.  Find one post about Kirk in this thread? See you can't find a post, gotcha?  

You said this:

I've changed position on things.  I've gone from pro Shanny to anti-Shanny.  I've gone from anti-Jay to pro Jay.  And I own the positions.  I don't say am done with Shanny and then like every post that defended him after that among other things.   If I did, it would come off disingenuous. 

In this thread. You're the one who brought it up. Why do that if I'm not even doing what you're saying, in this thread?

5 hours ago, BRAVEONTHEWARPATH93 said:

One of the few things keeping me around Skins related stuff is watching fans like Cali lead their “it’s not that bad, guys!” crusade. It’s truly fascinating on twitter and on ES to a lesser extent.

I mean the negativity that comes out every day is also morbidly entertaining but so is watching the few remaining die hards fight with those ready to jump out the window. I hope it keeps getting worse so next season will essentially just be a VH1 reality show on and off the field. 

@Califan007 is not the only one.

I too, am in the room of the Non-Doom & Gloom.

So consider me a CaliFan Fan. Or a CalPal, or a CaliGroupie.

1 hour ago, HardcoreZorn said:

A very good example of what I'm talking about. You read the above and your mind instantly thinks HCZorn is staunchly defending the FO.

My mind instantly thinks HCZorn defends because I've debated with HcZorn a gazillion topics in so many topics and forms and often with the theme that Bruce or Dan are mischaracterized.     Does HCzon picking apart media stories and highlighting hey the record doesn't speak to dysfunction -- fit with other points you've made for months.  It sure does. I am not sitting here tallying each one of your posts in a notebook so i am not here to recite them all rhyme and verse.   But I've read enough of them.

There are some people I've debated enough on enough topics to get their slant pretty well and vice versa.  And when I am debating you my thoughts aren't hey there is HcZorn again taking a nonemotional perfectly reasonable and neutral position again about the FO.    I can think of some people who aren't that heavy handed on said topic.  You aren't one of them in my view.  Not saying i am right its all perspective but that's my feeling when I debate you on said topic.

But I'll play along what is your position these days?  I am trying to follow and I don't mean it sarcastic.  Before it was Bruce isn't so bad.   Now?

Do I have it right?  Is it Bruce and Dan aren't good.  But they aren't as bad as people make them out to be?

If not please characterize.  The only reason why I pick back at you is not because of your position.   Anyone can think whatever they like.  No one has the higher ground on that front -- to each their own.  But some of your posts come off like you have some sort of higher ground position because others overreact and you got it together.  So my issue with you is never about your position but the idea that you are supposedly more emotionally contained than others and thereby give a more reasoned-objective view. 

1 hour ago, HardcoreZorn said:

You said this:

In this thread. You're the one who brought it up. Why do that if I'm not even doing what you're saying, in this thread?

sorry don't get the relevance this thread or any thread?  If your point is you are taking pro Bruce positions in another threads but in your view not so much in this one -- even if true, so what?  My intended point is your overall take about Bruce.  If you want to argue maybe so but in this thread not so much -- not sure I agree but even if I did -- don't get the point.  Has the thread become the be all and end all definitive thread on the board?  Should we shut all the other threads down?

Lol, reading the boards these last couple weeks sure is something.... 

.... It's literally like a nuclear bomb went off a month ago and we've all been in our bunkers and now we're the 30-40 people roaming the empty streets with assault rifles. 

This organization has hit a new rock bottom. And that's saying something. 

Hail.  Sadly. 

44 minutes ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

@Califan007 is not the only one.

I too, am in the room of the Non-Doom & Gloom.

So consider me a CaliFan Fan. Or a CalPal, or a CaliGroupie.

I'm on a small island, small enough I can urinate from one end and splash water on the other side, wearing a WWII Kaiser helmet singing " Clang Clang Went The Trolley "...

Lucky for me its low tide...

25 minutes ago, LetThePointsSoar said:

Lol, reading the boards these last couple weeks sure is something.... 

.... It's literally like a nuclear bomb went off a month ago and we've all been in our bunkers and now we're the 30-40 people roaming the empty streets with assault rifles. 

This organization has hit a new rock bottom. And that's saying something. 

Hail.  Sadly. 

uh, the organization has done almost nothing, it's the fans having a meltdown

5 minutes ago, carex said:

uh, the organization has done almost nothing, it's the fans having a meltdown

Lol, well except everything they've done the last two decades maybe..... They've literally been shining examples of how to run the most incredibly inept organization in the history of BUSINESS, let alone sports or the NFL.  

It's beyond even being a punch line or even comical any more.  It's indefensible.  

3 hours ago, Wildbunny said:

Well, at the very least, deny that tweet from your own tweet account would have probably been enough...

I always find it weird when a company doesn't step up for their guys, especially when they say they've been fired and they're not. At least officially.

Anyway, that offseason is really starting in the weirdest of the ways...

Wasn't it a reporter named Garapolo that claimed Gray was fired.

Maybe with the offseason just ending, and all the decisions they have to mull, that the FO is too busy to monitor who is tweeting what about the team. lol

(added the "lol" to show that I'm in @Califan007 's corner)

1 hour ago, Renegade7 said:

Remember when he was calling out Griffin because he knew he was a bust and wanted to start Cousins? Damn i miss that guy, its like they snipped his balls or something.

Doc Walker constantly mentions this as the FO waterboarding Jay for this action. LOL!

49 minutes ago, JCB said:

It’s weird. My public interactions with fans of other teams has shifted from mockery to pity on their part. 

Haha me too.

An Eagles fan called into one of the local radio shows this week responding to a Cowboys fan that was going off about how great they are.  He said “you guys win one playoff game every 3000 years and act like it’s a Super Bowl, atleast Skins fans are smart and know they are a travesty, which makes me have empathy for them”

1 minute ago, ksun247 said:

Doc Walker constantly mentions this as the FO waterboarding Jay for this action. LOL!

GD,I'm glad I'm not the only that's caught him licking that patch where they used to be.  Sometimes i wonder if he's a head coach or a hostage. From Hard Knocks to "do y'all want some cookies?".  That Jay is in there somewhere, I'm like 95% he comes back like a Phoenix with a new GM.

1 hour ago, LetThePointsSoar said:

Lol, well except everything they've done the last two decades maybe..... They've literally been shining examples of how to run the most incredibly inept organization in the history of BUSINESS, let alone sports or the NFL.  

It's beyond even being a punch line or even comical any more.  It's indefensible.  

this is a conversation about what is happening now

Archived