Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

R. Kelly... Smoke and fire it seems.

Kosher Ham

@Kosher Ham

I remember us having a thread about how even though what R.Kelly did was terrible, he hadn't had the level contempt we all felt he deserved, enough that we might remember his music more.  He's now in the territory of people not knowing who is but what he's done now.  It'd be different if this was kept to BET, no, this was the Lifetime channel, damn near every woman in the country is going to know about this now if they didn't already, reverse of where we were say even a year ago.

Edited by Renegade7

Watching the Lifetime miniseries "Surviving R.Kelly" right now, this **** is madness.  He had 4 girls barely 18 living in a house in Atlanta.  He had sex with all of them regularly and they had to ask for permission to eat and use the bathroom.

What in the actual ****?!  

• Confused 1

4 hours ago, Barry.Randolphe said:

I'm not saying people don't admit he's guilty....I'm saying people are looking the other way because of his music.

Keep the energy, you said black people.

Keep the energy up for some of your favorite movies and tv shows too.

As for R. Kelly, dude is a legit monster. I haven’t seen it yet, but it’s known that he illegally married Aaliyah when she was 14 or 15. It’s been known and seen him having sex and urinating on a 14 year old girl. And there were reports of his sadistic concubine. I’m glad this docuseries is out there but he shoulda been dead years ago. 

Blaming the black community based off what you read in twitter ignores that he is still signed to RCA Records and they been cool with it. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Barry.Randolphe said:

The only chance that happens is if the black community finally turns their back on R. Kelly. Good luck with that if you read social media.

golly, i'm more a pickin-n-grinnin kind o guy,  but i heard lots of white females of all ages buy all his stuff and some white males do too (not me). i don't know about the asians or hispanics. someone needs to find out. i don't think any other races are big enough factors to count in this. 

4 hours ago, Springfield said:

Seems Drake is going down the same path too.

Kelly’s been ****ed since he came out.  Dude was with Aaliyah when she was like 14 OT some skeezy ****.

in my day he was called jerry lee lewis....but at least he tried to make an honest woman out of the underageling that was his blood kin---so another distinction is he was more into his'n than yur'un 

• Thanks 1

R. Kelly was a staple in my "moo moo time" playlist for years when I was just hitting NSU. That was right around the time trapped in the closet came out. Seems like dude should a been in jail then. Kinda ****ed up that I had on this perverts music when I was ****ing when I think about it. Sick. 

I wont support his music anymore (never really did. I uh....find....my music on the internet for a reasonable price). But I still like the stuff that reminds me of old times. 

Also, I can't pretend I'm ok with people saying "The black community" has any responsiblity for this unless we gonna call a spade a spade with everything. I been holding back since about November 9th 2016. So just lemme know which game we playing. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

It's interesting that R. Kelly is going down but Michael Jackson still remains the gold standard of being a creep and people still keep loving him, playing his music, etc.  Clearly R. Kelly is no Michael Jackson.

Where's this docuseries being played anyway?

MJ is only the gold standard because they didn't realize how far R.Kelly had gone.  I find it amazing how MJ is basically associated with child molestation with nowhere near the evidence to support it that R.Kelly does.  It's not even close, and now everybody knows.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, Llevron said:

Also, I can't pretend I'm ok with people saying "The black community" has any responsiblity for this unless we gonna call a spade a spade with everything. I been holding back since about November 9th 2016. So just lemme know which game we playing. 

I don't think its fair because "The Black Community" is not the same as mf'n law enforcement.  I remember when R.Kelly had his case in Chicago continued over and over again.  This is more about money and fame then race, the average person if they did a fraction of what he did would already be in jail by now, the only entity that deserves just as much blame for this as R.Kelly is our Justice System. Epic Failure.

3 minutes ago, PokerPacker said:

I know nothing about what race has to do with this (or for that matter, anything about R. Kelly in general) ... outside of Chappelle's sketch from forever ago (which I am surprised to see has not been posted yet; let me fix that).

I was literally just typing what Chappell explained to us years ago.

• Like 4

9 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

MJ is only the gold standard because they didn't realize how far R.Kelly had gone.  I find it amazing how MJ is basically associated with child molestation with nowhere near the evidence to support it that R.Kelly does.  It's not even close, and now everybody knows.

I think pretty much everyone knew how far R. Kelly had gone.  What's this docuseries bringing up that is new?

2 minutes ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

I think pretty much everyone knew how far R. Kelly had gone.  What's this docuseries bringing up that is new?

I think everyone knew about the peeing mostly.  I think some knew about his fondness or underage girls.  I haven’t seen the series, but I think it goes further into his “grooming” of young girls (same thing Drake is doing now) and holding them against their will in some sort of cult.

I think with MJ wasn’t even really convicted of anything.  Plus, he died before they could really “Bill Crosby” him.  Sure, he was a creep.  I still listen to his music today and Thriller and Bad are two wonderful works of music.

Just now, Spaceman Spiff said:

I wish that was true, but its not.  

A lot of people didn't know who he was or that he married Aaliyah when she was a 15.  You want to know how I know that?  This conversation we're having now woulda happened in the 90s, not 2018.  

What's brought up is how much he's down laid out in order, not just bits and pieces some no about and some don't.

I'm with you @Llevron I'm so sick for multiple reasons on top of liking his music and doing the nasty with it on more than once.   I'd never have him on a "playlist" again, and I can't help but think about his music the same way I wouldn't want to look at any of Hitler's paintings.  Maybe I'll just think about the story and tell people to think about them from a lyrical standpoint, but otherwise, you can only accept the failed humanity of some of these artists but so much.  

I'm sure there are people that feel complicit right now buying the Chocolate Factory when it came out, I wonder how BET feels knowing how many of those "Trapped in the Closet" videos they played over and over again, racking in that viewship.  Didn't one or more of them have a world premire?  🤮  The media is just as much to blame not disowning him sooner, making that music, making that money while these women suffered.

5 minutes ago, Springfield said:

I think everyone knew about the peeing mostly.  I think some knew about his fondness or underage girls.  I haven’t seen the series, but I think it goes further into his “grooming” of young girls (same thing Drake is doing now) and holding them against their will in some sort of cult.

I think with MJ wasn’t even really convicted of anything.  Plus, he died before they could really “Bill Crosby” him.  Sure, he was a creep.  I still listen to his music today and Thriller and Bad are two wonderful works of music.

3 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

I wish that was true, but its not.  

A lot of people didn't know who he was or that he married Aaliyah when she was a 15.  You want to know how I know that?  This conversation we're having now woulda happened in the 90s, not 2018.  

What's brought up is how much he's down laid out in order, not just bits and pieces some no about and some don't.

Definitely knew about the peeing and Aaliyah.  Speaking of someone who I think time may have forgotten, Aaliyah was great.  

There was a report on R. Kelly years ago, it was a 20/20 or some news magazine show on TV where a girl was talking about how R. Kelly groomed her.  What she could wear (mostly not wear) how she should speak to him, all sorts of other stuff.  I can't remember what show it was but I remember it was a big story for awhile then went away.

So, admittedly I heard about most if not all of this stuff before (havent seen the docu yet tho). If ima be honest then ima be honest; I was probably around 14 when he was getting after Aaliyah and all I could think about was I loved her too. Real ****. I was 17 dating a 15 y/o at the time myself (fun story I'll tell you about it one day) and I didnt recognize the mental deference between a 16 y/o and a however the **** old Kelly was then. Sure now that **** seems creepy as **** but back then, much like Aaliyah I assume, I didnt see what was wrong with it. I have matured a great deal since then. 

And I always thought the peeing thing was funny. I still do, sorta, but not like I used to. Thinking back on it I always said "WHY would you let R. Kelly pee on you???". Sorta victim blaming by today's standards. So yea. I'm not gonna sit here and say people didnt know what he was doing. But 2019 is a very different time than the late 90s and I'm a very different man now than I was then. Most of us are. 

Final and best point. I could not comprehend at 18/19 how a man like R Kelly had so much available **** every where on the planet and wanted to do half of the **** he was accused of. Why do horrible **** like that when you can almost literally have any piece of ass you want? I still cant get it. But hey cats are sick behind closed doors. 

Hope I didnt incriminate myself too much here lol. I'm a good person. 

4 minutes ago, Mr. Sinister said:

Imo, Beyonce would not be what she has become if not for Aaliyah departing just when she was becoming truly big time.

There wouldn't have been a queen B for sure. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Mr. Sinister said:

Imo, Beyonce would not be what she has become if not for Aaliyah departing just when she was becoming truly big time.

I'll go further, neither woulda Justin Timberlake, because that's who Timbaland went to focus on next after she died.  

• Like 4

16 minutes ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

Definitely knew about the peeing and Aaliyah.  Speaking of someone who I think time may have forgotten, Aaliyah was great.  

There was a report on R. Kelly years ago, it was a 20/20 or some news magazine show on TV where a girl was talking about how R. Kelly groomed her.  What she could wear (mostly not wear) how she should speak to him, all sorts of other stuff.  I can't remember what show it was but I remember it was a big story for awhile then went away.

Aaliyah was ahead of her time musically by the time "One in a Million" came out, imo.  That wasn't all Timbaland, but he helped head in the direction of her potential for sure, crushing to see her die like that.

You mentioned two things and for lack of a better term, you ain't no square.  This is a docuseries they just put out, this is multiple episodes over at least a 25 year time period.  

Yeah I was entranced  by Aaliyah too (I was 13 when she died). I remember her earlier stuff, but around '99-'00 or so, when Romeo Must Die came out with Jet Li, and she dropped that last album, I just remember thinking she was so beautiful it couldn't be real lol. 

Truly a shame all the stuff that came out in the following years (that I didn't k ow when I was younger) as well as this docuseries

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

Do tell.  Not that I am disagreeing, just curious to hear your thoughts on it.  You're saying there wouldn't be room for both?

She would certainly have competition for dominant black female crossover artists.  Aaliyah had to be recasted for her role in the Matrix sequel after her death while Beyonce was still part of Destiny's Child.

Edited by Renegade7
  • Like 1