Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Washington Nationals Thread: The Future is Near!

Riggo#44

18 minutes ago, -JB- said:

No ****.  Sub .150 is abysmal vs MLB pitching.

So if Garcia is hitting better than Noll in AAA, and hitting sub .150 in the bigs, what would Noll hit in the bigs?

I will say though I don't mind seeing any AAA guys like Noll get a chance with the Nats this year. might as well. Just think Garcia is better, but could be wrong

16 minutes ago, mammajamma said:

So if Garcia is hitting better than Noll in AAA, and hitting sub .150 in the bigs, what would Noll hit in the bigs?

I will say though I don't mind seeing any AAA guys like Noll get a chance with the Nats this year. might as well. Just think Garcia is better, but could be wrong

Well, I mean, I don’t know!  That’s all I’m saying.  (Noll did bat .353 6-17 last season in short action in the Bigs) And I’ve been high on Garcia but sometimes the best thing for a kid with talent like that is to be humbled and also I love for every opportunity for guys who produce in AAA.  Noll deserves a chance just like Garcia!

Edited by -JB-
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, @SkinsGoldPants said:

The answer of who to pay between Stras and Rendon was "neither". Which sucks. The Angels are cursed. 

I really like this Angels team and it sucks they can't pull it together.

Looks like they're hosting us next season and I intend to go to one of those games, even though I have low expectations for the 2022 NAAAtionals.

3 hours ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

Wow. Rendon out for the year and will have hip surgery 

The one thing RIzzo is good at is avoiding big money mistakes, with the exception of Stras's 2nd big deal which right now looks terrible(but hard to blame him too much for it).

5 hours ago, -JB- said:

Garcia should be in the minors.  He’s only 21 and struggling horribly at the plate.  Jake Noll deserves a chance.  You’re saying he shouldn’t because he’s 27?  Who cares what he’s hitting?  Why is he even in our farm system if it doesn’t matter what he’s batting?  He can play 3B.  Get him up and get him some AB’s.  It’s not like Keiboom has lit the world on fire either.

VnQ2CNW.gif

• Haha 2

11 minutes ago, SAli457180 said:

Thank goodness they were both able to get deliver a ring in 2019 before these injuries set in now

We knew we wouldn't be in contention for long. It was an amazing run, but the last hurrah of a great team.

I'm looking forward to doing it again. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, -JB- said:

I don’t know why you seem personally offended by my quips but Jake Noll deserves a shot.  If you didn’t notice, they still lost again.

A. I'm not offended, you're just wrong and clinging to being wrong, which is just wrong.

B. The Nationals invested $1.3m signing bonus into Garcia--he is 5 years younger which matters a ton, proved to be more productive at the same level, is more versatile better defensively and can play several defensive positions.

C. Noll is a first base only and most likely a bench bat at his best. Those types of players are a dime a dozen. He also has almost 1900 ABs in the minors--and a .726 OPS. We know who he is. Garcia's importance and potential far outweighs that.

D. Almost all players struggle early in their careers in the Majors. Sending him down to "humble" after he's already proven he can hit AAA pitching is pointless.

E. Sending him to AAA after 18 games and 44 PAs is also pointless--every major leaguer goes through stretches where they hit poorly for a small period. Tony Gwynn--one of the greatest hitters ever--had a 16 game stretch where he had a .550 OPS his rookie year. So giving him MLB at-bats right now is far more important.

F.  Who cares if we lost? At this point, it's better to lose 95 than 85--maximize the talent in the system. This is how rebuilds work. Getting Keiboom, Garcia, Thompson, Reily, Gray, Ruiz (soon), maybe Cavalli vital experience is far more important that eeking out meaningless wins.

Serious question--were you a fan from 2005-2009? I'm not gatekeeping, just wondering if you remember those teams.

6 hours ago, Riggo#44 said:

A. I'm not offended, you're just wrong and clinging to being wrong, which is just wrong.

B. The Nationals invested $1.3m signing bonus into Garcia--he is 5 years younger which matters a ton, proved to be more productive at the same level, is more versatile better defensively and can play several defensive positions.

C. Noll is a first base only and most likely a bench bat at his best. Those types of players are a dime a dozen. He also has almost 1900 ABs in the minors--and a .726 OPS. We know who he is. Garcia's importance and potential far outweighs that.

D. Almost all players struggle early in their careers in the Majors. Sending him down to "humble" after he's already proven he can hit AAA pitching is pointless.

E. Sending him to AAA after 18 games and 44 PAs is also pointless--every major leaguer goes through stretches where they hit poorly for a small period. Tony Gwynn--one of the greatest hitters ever--had a 16 game stretch where he had a .550 OPS his rookie year. So giving him MLB at-bats right now is far more important.

F.  Who cares if we lost? At this point, it's better to lose 95 than 85--maximize the talent in the system. This is how rebuilds work. Getting Keiboom, Garcia, Thompson, Reily, Gray, Ruiz (soon), maybe Cavalli vital experience is far more important that eeking out meaningless wins.

Serious question--were you a fan from 2005-2009? I'm not gatekeeping, just wondering if you remember those teams.

I have been a fan since 2005.  I’m also not worrying about eeking out meaningless wins.  I won’t respond to anything else.  Heavy on the gate keeping, dude.  It’s not a good look.

Edited by -JB-