Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Washington Nationals Thread: The Future is Near!

Riggo#44

On 12/14/2019 at 2:03 PM, bearrock said:

Tulipmania! 

*Past performance may not be indicative of future returns.  But Tulips!!!!!  

Well, you're no Louis Rukeyser, I can tell you that. 

I called up my financial advisor and told him to buy up all the tulips he could get his hands on. He told me to stop drinking egg nog and enjoy the rest of my Christmas. 🍹

Also this: https://www.smithsonianmag.com/history/there-never-was-real-tulip-fever-180964915/

😀

Edited by Monk4thaHALL

42 minutes ago, Mr. Sinister said:

Even more so with Killer Koda calling it quits. What are we gonna do?

Hudson hasnt re-signed. We get Elias back, but he may not be reliable even if healthy. Rainey can be expected to improve, but Doolittle will probably regress a little. Not much left on the market, trades will have to be made.

We cant run it back with the same cast of characters

Edited by StillUnknown
  • Like 1

That's worrisome. Makes you wonder what couldve been though. Wasn't that long ago we had Treinen, Rivero (before the craziness now) and Glover in the pen together and couldn't tap into their potential. 

Smells like another adventurous Spring.

Edited by Mr. Sinister

4 minutes ago, EmirOfShmo said:

Under Contract: Fedde, Ross, Voth, Doolittle, Suero, Rainey, Elias, Strickland, Barrett

Plus...Scherzer, Stras, Corbin, Sanchez

Would be nice to add Hudson & Treinen

Treinen signed a 1yr deal with the Dodgers

Will Harris & Hudson are by far the best remaining free agent options left. it gets pretty ugly afterwards

Edited by StillUnknown

Just now, SAli457180 said:

Hudson has to be priority to re-sign.  Will Harris may be reliable, but is probably not the guy one would want in the postseason, especially after what the Nats did to him in the WS

I'd take him on a 1 or 2yr deal. He made a really good pitch on that Kendrick homerun, that wasn't a mistake by any stretch. Kendrick just did some boss type ****

• Like 2

1 minute ago, skinsfan_1215 said:

I’m not worried about bringing back Hudson if he’s going to command a premium based on his stretch run performance. He doesn’t have a long track record of success and health. 

I dont disagree, but then what are we left with? a position of weakness would deteriorate even further

Corbin can't save us in the regular season like he did in the playoffs

We just won the World Series with the worst bullpen of all-time.  No need to panic and go crazy like giving Hudson multiple years or overpaying for Will Harris.  I’ve seen it too many times, teams spend a boatload of $ on bullpen arms and their bullpen eventually implodes.  With that said, I’m sure there will be moves made.  Options are limited but who would have thought Daniel Hudson would be closing out game 7 of the WS.

Edited by -JB-
  • Like 3