Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Washington Nationals Thread: The Future is Near!

Riggo#44

Oh please.  So much fake outrage in the Twitterverse.  “It’s so hard!” So are they good people or are they not?  If you think they’re not because they are Republicans that support Trump then what is there to really rattle your brain about?  I feel so sorry for you that you have to deal with figuring out if you really think these are good people or are they awful human beings!  *single teardrop* Idiots.

Edited by -JB-
  • Like 2
  • Confused 2

5 hours ago, -JB- said:

Oh please.  So much fake outrage in the Twitterverse.  “It’s so hard!” So are they good people or are they not?  If you think they’re not because they are Republicans that support Trump then what is there to really rattle your brain about?  I feel so sorry for you that you have to deal with figuring out if you really think these are good people or are they awful human beings!  *single teardrop* Idiots.

1 hour ago, Bacon said:

All the WS winning teams that were given an opportunity to meet with Trump have done exactly that. There is nothing unique about the Nationals in that regard.

I understand the vitriol behind the current president, but my God, some of the over-the-top reactions are head scratching. I also have completely given up on politics. Can someone explain to me this rationale? Zimmerman and Rendon have done a mountain of charity work. Rendon went about his work with the Nats Youth Baseball Academy quietly and without any fanfare: https://www.mlb.com/nationals/youth-baseball-academy/thank-you-anthony

Seriosuly, shows up during the ASB, to work with kids, no press, no fanfare, no agenda. What a ****ing asshole.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, -JB- said:

I agree.  Pretty naive to think a bunch of multi millionaires are all just a bunch of Democrats.  Acting shocked & appalled lol

Most people vote their pockets, understandable.

Is it too much to ask to not casually golf with a rapist and racist?

Apparently my bar for decency is too high

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, StillUnknown said:

Most people vote their pockets, understandable.

Is it too much to ask to not casually golf with a rapist and racist?

Apparently my bar for decency is too high

**** Donald Trump and what a joke it would be to actually want to play golf with him.  Still, with that being said.  These guys just play for our favorite baseball team/city.  I don’t give a ****.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Riggo#44 said:

I understand the vitriol behind the current president, but my God, some of the over-the-top reactions are head scratching. 

Now that everything is being documented for all time on twitter, facebook, instagram, etc, people feel the need to constantly prove what side of history they're on and to what extreme.  

Anyway, sucks to see Rendon in the Angels uniform.  I am hoping you guys land Donaldson. 

This is pretty cool:  https://www.cnn.com/videos/us/2019/12/15/mlb-third-baseman-josh-donaldson-surprises-mom-maserati-vpx.hln

And I always liked this explanation of his swing, dude is obviously dedicated to his craft.  I think he'd fit in with the Nats.

• Thanks 1

Just now, @SkinsGoldPants said:

That's a good point. Max would be retired by then also.

I still don't like 4 years. Would rather overpay for 2 years.

Hypothetically, Max would be retired. I could also see him pitching until he's 40.

The big worry with Donaldson for me is 2017 Zimmerman. Did he have a dead cat bounce year?

26 minutes ago, Riggo#44 said:

Hypothetically, Max would be retired. I could also see him pitching until he's 40.

The big worry with Donaldson for me is 2017 Zimmerman. Did he have a dead cat bounce year?

In full seasons his hits and average aren't all over the place. I don't know the answer though.

43 minutes ago, Riggo#44 said:

He was hurt in 2018 right? Only played 52 games that season. His 2019 numbers were REALLY similar to his 2013-2017 numbers. So you’d think/hope 2020 would also be similar, with gradual declines the following three years (age 35-37).

• Like 1

Usually for school pictures, which they do twice a year, my wife dresses my 4 year old daughter up in a cute dress, as most parents would.  Last month I made an excuse to drop her off on picture day.  My wife picked up the pictures today.  

3A43F24B-E4DA-4D91-8A23-413360375FC3.jpeg

Edited by PleaseBlitz
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 1