Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Washington Nationals Thread: The Future is Near!

Riggo#44

Honestly, though, I'm so glad we get a break from playing against division rivals. It's hard to really kick back and enjoy a ball game against a team you genuinely despise. Baseball's too pastoral and easy going to sustain that kind of hatred for too long - not like football. Football was made for hate. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

15 minutes ago, CaptainJames2004 said:

Football and hockey. Let's go Caps!

Eff the Pens

Soccer too, strangely enough. Those rivalries in Europe are hard core. We think our rivalries are strong here but folks straight-up hate each other based on their fandom. It's wild.

• Like 2

15 hours ago, Warhead36 said:

Normalcy slowly being restored.

Philly was +17 on run difference and we were 0 heading into tonight...pythagorian records gonna do a nice switcheroo afterwards...

Especially once Bryce hits June.  That BA will come crashing back down to earth real soon - we saw it here for years. 

8 minutes ago, Bacon said:

I hope this doesn't secretly have to do with Trevor Rosenthal's newly numerical ERA. We still need help. 

Doubtful. If anything other than him just not being ready for a month+, he was quoted saying some anti-Latin sentiments on Twitter recently.

They were actually from 2015, but still pretty bad:

“I think it’s a culture shock,’’ Norris said. “This is America’s game. This is America’s pastime, and over the last 10-15 years we’ve seen a very big world influence in this game, which we as a union and as players appreciate. We’re opening this game to everyone that can play. However, if you’re going to come into our country and make our American dollars, you need to respect a game that has been here for over a hundred years, and I think sometimes that can be misconstrued. There are some players that have antics, that have done things over the years that we don’t necessarily agree with.

“I understand you want to say it’s a cultural thing or an upbringing thing. But by the time you get to the big leagues, you better have a pretty good understanding of what this league is and how long it’s been around.’’

Edited by Riggo#44

Just now, StillUnknown said:

has there been a peep about Trea's recovery since he left that game?

Nothing, but given what he learned the day after injury, my somewhat uneducated guesstimate is that we’ll see him back early June after a brief rehab assignment. Non-displacement fracture (should be routine) but also on his throwing index finger. My guess was a 6-8 week recovery. 

• Like 2