Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Washington Nationals Thread: The Future is Near!

Riggo#44

Just now, spjunkies said:

I'm a little salty with Zimm right now, but I'll let it go in due time. 

Yeah same.  There was really no need to make it political and no one else had up until he spoke.

But he's a rich white guy who lives in VA, sooooo....

• Like 2

What is nice in addition to everything else is that most of these guys feel like our players. We have several home grown talent, such as Trea, Soto, Rendon, Zimmerman, Robles, and Strasburg that contributed to our championship. This was not a championship that was simply bought, but instead it was earned. Even the FA we brought in, like Max, Dootlittle, Kendricks, Eaton, Corbin, +more will forever think of themselves as Nationals because this is where they got that World Series win. It's a nice feeling.

Edited by dyst
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, -JB- said:

If we are making baseball decisions going forward based on political posturing it’s a guarantee we will never win again.  So, please, can everybody not go into THAT bag of **** and just enjoy this CHAMPIONSHIP?!

i dont think anybody is going to make baseball decisions off of it (no matter how disgusting it was to see zuk wear that hat, i was kidding with my "we kept the wrong catcher" comment).

If zim stays, i'll still root for him as the OG Nat. its just disappointing to hear him say all that after he heard what his teammate Doo had to say. Has nothing to do with politics

Edited by mammajamma
  • Like 1

Just now, skinsfan_1215 said:

Team is at the white house, it's relevant. 

This is the problem with politics. It is instantly divisive.

9 minutes ago, -JB- said:

If we are making baseball decisions going forward based on political posturing it’s a guarantee we will never win again.  So, please, can everybody not go into THAT bag of **** and just enjoy this CHAMPIONSHIP?!

Nope, because people are incapable of letting anything go.

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, mammajamma said:

also Zuk wearing a MAGA hat makes me think we got rid of the wrong catcher

I mean, I feel like that is pretty much a baseline cliche you could say without pissing anyone off.  I haven't seen Zuk wearing a MAGA hat and now I am going to specifically avoid the internet for several days so I never do. 

3 hours ago, Mr. Sinister said:

Why is John Feinstein still here? Figured that dub would expel him back to the Upside Down

Can someone interpret this for me. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

12 minutes ago, mammajamma said:

i dont think anybody is going to make baseball decisions off of it (no matter how disgusting it was to see zuk wear that hat, i was kidding with my "we kept the wrong catcher" comment).

If zim stays, i'll still root for him as the OG Nat. its just disappointing to hear him say all that after he heard what his teammate Doo had to say. Has nothing to do with politics

Come on, man.  Just as Doolittle had every right to say what he said and avoid the White House visit, Zimmerman has equal right to say what he said.  Let’s not make this into a bigger thing than it needs to be.  MAGA hat.  Who cares?  He’s a baseball catcher.

• Like 2