Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Washington Nationals Thread: The Future is Near!

Riggo#44

1 minute ago, Popeman38 said:

Really? Not agreeing to abide by the arbiter they agreed to go to when the contract was established was a breach of contract. This should be viewed as hostile, and the Nats should seek to void the contract and establish their own regional network. Angelos has to owe the Nats in excess of $300M now...

This is exactly my thought. He has no intention of ever paying us--and now he gone outside the court's ruling. At what point does this circus cross the legal line to breach of contract? This **** should be nullified.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Popeman38 said:

Really? Not agreeing to abide by the arbiter they agreed to go to when the contract was established was a breach of contract. This should be viewed as hostile, and the Nats should seek to void the contract and establish their own regional network. Angelos has to owe the Nats in excess of $300M now...

This.  I hope they are doing this, but what the Nats should be fighting for isn't to simply get more money, but to void the MASN deal altogether.  I believe Angelos has pulled enough shenanigans that Nats have at least a credible argument for it.  MLB tip toes around Angelos because of the threat of litigation, well he's gonna sue anyway!

1 minute ago, bearrock said:

This.  I hope they are doing this, but what the Nats should be fighting for isn't to simply get more money, but to void the MASN deal altogether.  I believe Angelos has pulled enough shenanigans that Nats have at least a credible argument for it.  MLB tip toes around Angelos because of the threat of litigation, well he's gonna sue anyway!

This is the real ironic part. Spineless Bud Selig cradled the balls, stroked the shaft, and swallowed the gravy so Angelos wouldn't sue--which he did anyway. Now that ambulance chasing **** is keeping all of our TV revenue--for a ****ty club that is 5-7 years from even thinking about contending.

Does Manfred have "good of the game" power, like Goodell?

8 minutes ago, Riggo#44 said:

This is exactly my thought. He has no intention of ever paying us--and now he gone outside the court's ruling. At what point does this circus cross the legal line to breach of contract? This **** should be nullified.

Take a look at Baltimore’s payroll in 2010-2011, approaching the year they were supposed to start paying the Nats fair market value. http://www.stevetheump.com/Payrolls.htm#2010payroll

Now look at 2012-2018, when Angelos realized he could just be a deadbeat. 

Magically, now that we seem to be approaching the end of the line for his legal challenges, payroll is right back to bottom 3 in the league. 

My theory? He doesn’t have the money. It’s gone, blown on trying to buy a good team around Machado when he was under contract. 

3 minutes ago, skinsfan_1215 said:

Take a look at Baltimore’s payroll in 2010-2011, approaching the year they were supposed to start paying the Nats fair market value. http://www.stevetheump.com/Payrolls.htm#2010payroll

Now look at 2012-2018, when Angelos realized he could just be a deadbeat. 

Magically, now that we seem to be approaching the end of the line for his legal challenges, payroll is right back to bottom 3 in the league. 

My theory? He doesn’t have the money. It’s gone, blown on trying to buy a good team around Machado when he was under contract. 

I have been saying for YEARS the only reason Baltimore is not in the Royals is because they are stealing our TV revenue. **** them. I hope they go another 15 years of losing.

i'm waiting for the O's fans to come in and tell us we would be grateful we have a team and should be thanking Angelos...the ones that are left anyway.

Edited by Riggo#44
  • Like 3

9 minutes ago, Riggo#44 said:

I have been saying for YEARS the only reason Baltimore is not in the Royals is because they are stealing our TV revenue. **** them. I hope they go another 15 years of losing.

i'm waiting for the O's fans to come in and tell us we would be grateful we have a team and should be thanking Angelos...the ones that are left anyway.

Related: 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Popeman38 said:

That's what I said a few weeks ago....Mark Lerner is on the board with Monumental Sports.....they need to do a local deal with the Caps/Wiz and maybe the Redskins and **** Baltimore.

• Like 4

And they call 3 changeups in a row to Harper why? You can’t throw him 3 of ANY pitch and not expect to get hit. 

Wilmer Difo is a WAY below average fielder. Has to be his 4th E on the season, and he’s only played like 5 games. 

Edited by Popeman38
  • Like 3