Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Washington Nationals Thread: The Future is Near!

Riggo#44

1 minute ago, CRobi21 said:

If this year is another stinker it's probably time to clean house.

Martinez is looking like another whiff on managers and the bullpen is a joke again. 

It's a Catch-22 though. Regardless of those two traits he's still an upper-echelon GM. If the Nats let him go he will be snatched up immediately.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Metalhead said:

Martinez is looking like another whiff on managers and the bullpen is a joke again. 

It's a Catch-22 though. Regardless of those two traits he's still an upper-echelon GM. If the Nats let him go he will be snatched up immediately.

It can always get worse...

21 minutes ago, Riggo#44 said:

It can always get worse...

That it can, and worse under a new GM too.

The question is, how many GM's are truly better than Rizzo? Epstein, Houston, and Boston's GM? That's really it. Only one GM wins the Series each year, 29 go home...so there isn't much to choose from.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Metalhead said:

The question is, how many GM's are truly better than Rizzo? Epstein, Houston, and Boston's GM? That's really it. Only one GM wins the Series each year, 29 go home...so there isn't much to choose from.

If it came to it, I would try to pluck Kevin Goldstein from the Astros. Used to be a baseball america guy, now is director of pro scouting. His time seemed to coincide with their young talent getting a lot better.

Considering the state of our bullpen, Trea's injury and the quality of the opposition we've faced, I'm pretty happy with 4-4. This is a good team with an enormous flaw that can be fixed. 

I'd be far more concerned if our starting pitching was the problem like in Boston. 

1 hour ago, Metalhead said:

I agree. It really is a difficult decision. Good is the enemy of the best, but do we trust this organization to make the right call?

21 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

Getting rid of Rizzo is crazy talk, back away from the ledge, y'all trippin.

If this team falters, like last year, I think they might make a move. Long season to go, but it's a possibility. 

2 minutes ago, Riggo#44 said:

If this team falters, like last year, I think they might make a move. Long season to go, but it's a possibility. 

What he's done with our farm system deserves his safety.  I have to see how this bullpen plays out, but him getting players like Soto and Turner, you can't get rid of someone like that.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

What he's done with our farm system deserves his safety.  I have to see how this bullpen plays out, but him getting players like Soto and Turner, you can't get rid of someone like that.

Don't disagree, but he's been in charge for 10 years, with no postseason success. So, we'll see. 

• Like 1

Players have to play and managers have to manage. I believe Rizzo has supplied us with a championship caliber roster at least twice in the past 10 years, maybe more, and they simply underperformed. 

Using Rizzo as a scapegoat will only result in worse rosters down the road. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1