Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Washington Nationals Thread: The Future is Near!

Riggo#44

Disappointed we lost to Dodgers and Braves, but they had their Top-3 going, they beat Sanchez, Fedde, Grace/Ross. The games we won? Dominance by Corbin and Stras. We beat Keuchel and Beuhler. Could have won 2 others. Hit a ton of hard balls right at people. We'll get rolling again--need tomorrow's off day.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

What, we can’t catch up to the braves for 1st place with 2 full months to go? 6.5 games back with 2 full months doesn’t sound THAT difficult. At least to me.

Unbalanced schedule. We play approx 2x as many playoff teams the rest of the way as the Braves. Nats could stay hot-ish and competitive in the WC and still be 8 or 9 back of the Braves by Aug 31. 

19 minutes ago, StillUnknown said:

i can't really celebrate Strickland like that. It was still a **** move on his part. that type of ****assness is not respected, even if done to a robotic jerk

I agree.

But that would be some Class A trolling.

4 hours ago, Renegade7 said:

It was a decent game, was there with coworkers, but that 10th inning homerun was a backbreaker.  And I'm sorry, but if Rendon is supposed to be the man he has to have a better last at bat then that.

I mean, being a .300 hitter, which he is, is pretty damn good.  And he made really good contact and drilled it to left field.   It got caught.  He can't bat 1.000.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Forehead said:

I mean, being a .300 hitter, which he is, is pretty damn good.  And he made really good contact and drilled it to left field.   It got caught.  He can't bat 1.000.

I'm keeping an eye on the costs.  Harper is not having a bad year, hes jus not worth his contract.

Just now, Renegade7 said:

I'm keeping an eye on the costs.  Harper is not having a bad year, hes jus not worth his contract.

If this was your first game involving Rendon that you had watched this year, I would understand your concern.

Pay the man.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

How much?

What a top 3-5 MLB third baseman is worth in 2019. 

Unless you want inferior quality at a premier position, in which case miss out on a all-star caliber player with consistency and character. Those are plentiful in our farm system, right? 

Edited by Bacon

4 minutes ago, Bacon said:

What a top 3-5 MLB third baseman is worth in 2019. 

Unless you want inferior quality at a premier position, in which case miss out on a all-star caliber player with consistency and character. Those are plentiful in our farm system, right? 

That's reasonable, here's the list of 3rd base contracts by comparison 

SmartSelect_20190731-223719_Chrome.jpg

• Like 1