Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Washington Nationals Thread: The Future is Near!

Riggo#44

the game changed when davey left corbin with bases loaded to hit.  We have a good bullpen now.  why not bring in a pinch hitter to win the game.  the odds of corbin getting a hit is slim.  Just to get him to pitch 1 more inning at a tie game.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Riggo#44 said:

Middle of September we have Braves, Twins, Braves, Cardinals.

We are not making the playoffs.

I’m certainly not pulling the plug by any means but we need everyone back healthy ASAP. Most of all Max. And our road to the playoffs will be going through contenders. Brewers and Cubs in late August. The stretch you mentioned. Then we play 5 against the Phillies in late Sept before ending the season with 3 against the Indians. Brutal, but at least we’ll have opportunities to take games from the teams we are competing directly against. 

12 hours ago, skinfan2k said:

the game changed when davey left corbin with bases loaded to hit.  We have a good bullpen now.  why not bring in a pinch hitter to win the game.  the odds of corbin getting a hit is slim.  Just to get him to pitch 1 more inning at a tie game.

I felt the exact same way.  We had the momentum.  It's decisions like that which lead me to believe that Davey is not the answer at manager.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Riggo#44 said:

Middle of September we have Braves, Twins, Braves, Cardinals.

We are not making the playoffs.

If we cant handle business against those teams, we probably shouldnt be in the playoffs to begin with

I still think we get into the wildcard playoff, but that obviously depends on Max's back

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, StillUnknown said:

If we cant handle business against those teams, we probably shouldnt be in the playoffs to begin with

I still think we get into the wildcard playoff, but that obviously depends on Max's back

We'll see. I don't have great faith in that stretch, given our last three series.

57 minutes ago, Riggo#44 said:

We'll see. I don't have great faith in that stretch, given our last three series.

We’re starting Fedde and Ross as two of our five starters, and Sanchez, Strasburg, and Corbin have all decided to pitch their worst starts in months during this stretch. Swapping out Max for Fedde and having the other three put up consistent outings like usual should lead to us winning at a .650-.700 pace again. 

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, skinsfan_1215 said:

We’re starting Fedde and Ross as two of our five starters, and Sanchez, Strasburg, and Corbin have all decided to pitch their worst starts in months during this stretch. Swapping out Max for Fedde and having the other three put up consistent outings like usual should lead to us winning at a .650-.700 pace again. 

Not so sure about that. The run we had was special, and is not commonly done. .700 pace is a 113 win season. The all time record for wins 116. .650 is 105 wins

What really sucks about our run is that we only gained like a game or two because ATL matched us. I dont see it as realistic to expect another prolonged run like we just had

Edited by StillUnknown

1 hour ago, StillUnknown said:

Not so sure about that. The run we had was special, and is not commonly done. .700 pace is a 113 win season. The all time record for wins 116. .650 is 105 wins

What really sucks about our run is that we only gained like a game or two because ATL matched us. I dont see it as realistic to expect another prolonged run like we just had

Yeah good call. .600 the rest of the way should have us easily securing a WC though. I do feel like this team (with new bullpen) is around a 95-100 win team for a full 162 if we’re fully healthy and staffed the whole time. So .600 isn’t out of the question by any means. 

• Like 1