Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Washington Nationals Thread: The Future is Near!

Riggo#44

Lmao the Phillies are trash right now. MadBum is destroying this awful lineup. Here are the batting averages for their 7-8-9-1:

Their leadoff man is batting .189. At that point, might as well just keep the bat on your shoulder and pray. 

Edited by Bacon

59 minutes ago, Bacon said:

Lmao the Phillies are trash right now. MadBum is destroying this awful lineup. Here are the batting averages for their 7-8-9-1:

Their leadoff man is batting .189. At that point, might as well just keep the bat on your shoulder and pray. 

At least the Phillies have somewhat of an excuse ... Knapp (.196) is their backup catcher, McCutchen being injured forced Quinn (.189) into the lineup,  Nola (.067) is a pitcher and no one cares about pitchers BA.    I agree your 3B (Rodriguez) hitting .222 is pretty poor, though he does have a ~.700 OPS so not a complete disaster.   

Much worse is the Orioles who have been running Chris Davis(.182), Richie Martin(.195) and Steve Wilkerson (.229) out there, and all of them considered starters, and its not because anyones injured.   Martin and Davis OPS are below 600 and Wilkerson is ~675.

1 hour ago, DCSaints_fan said:

At least the Phillies have somewhat of an excuse ... Knapp (.196) is their backup catcher, McCutchen being injured forced Quinn (.189) into the lineup,  Nola (.067) is a pitcher and no one cares about pitchers BA.    I agree your 3B (Rodriguez) hitting .222 is pretty poor, though he does have a ~.700 OPS so not a complete disaster.   

Much worse is the Orioles who have been running Chris Davis(.182), Richie Martin(.195) and Steve Wilkerson (.229) out there, and all of them considered starters, and its not because anyones injured.   Martin and Davis OPS are below 600 and Wilkerson is ~675.

All this tells me is that the Phillies have little depth after signing Harper and the current iteration of their lineup is only a little better than that of one of the worst teams in baseball. It takes a gift for finding talent to develop a reliable bench and their front office does not have it. I've seen a lot of their fans complaining about how they're handling the farm as well. 

Not to mention the management. Kapler thinks a guy with a sub-.270 OBP is a worthy leadoff hitter? It's like he's trying to get fired. 

Edited by Bacon

Philly surprised me when they didnt get another pitcher at the deadline. 

Their shiny new offseason purchase is tinkering with his stance again in hopes of cracking .250

The mets concern me more than the phillies honestly. The mets with stroman have a rotation that gives them a good chance to be competitive at least 3 out of every 5 games.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, StillUnknown said:

Philly surprised me when they didnt get another pitcher at the deadline. 

Their shiny new offseason purchase is tinkering with his stance again in hopes of cracking .250

The mets concern me more than the phillies honestly. The mets with stroman have a rotation that gives them a good chance to be competitive at least 3 out of every 5 games.

Yep Mets right now have a better rotation than the Nats (until Scherzer is back), which is saying a lot because the Nats rotation is one of the best in baseball even without Max. 

9 hours ago, DCSaints_fan said:

Woof, comparing a team to the Orioles does not help matters. :ols: