Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Washington Nationals Thread: The Future is Near!

Riggo#44

15 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

I accept the split, a reminder of where we really are.  Not mad, not at all, and will be at the July 31 game against them in DC.  Having said that, back to back series at home against them and the Dodgers may put into perspective where we really are.

12 games below .500 two months into the season...We'll be very fortunate to nab a wildcard. That's reality. It's very impressive what we accomplished, but we're going to have to go the long way to catch the Braves in October. 

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

Did yall jus see Screech in ATL? I've never seen an opposing mascot in our stadium, did I miss something?

Before I got to the word mascot, I thought you were talking about the dude from Saved by the Bell.

• Haha 4

1 hour ago, @SkinsGoldPants said:

The next two series with Colorado and then LA are going to require solid play, smart moves, and even some luck. 

The Rockies (and their overrated outfielders) are in free fall: 7-18 over their last 25.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, @SkinsGoldPants said:

Considering Davey didn't make some good choices on Friday Night, and had to roll with Ross yesterday. A split is "ok".

The next two series with Colorado and then LA are going to require solid play, smart moves, and even some luck. 

Davey gets a lot of grief. I wonder how much of that is because he really doesn't have good options when it comes to juggling his pitching line up. His relievers are almost all bums, aren't they?

Just now, Burgold said:

Davey gets a lot of grief. I wonder how much of that is because he really doesn't have good options when it comes to juggling his pitching line up. His relievers are almost all bums, aren't they?

Running Rodney out for a 2nd inning with NOBODY warm in the pen was moronic. He hasn't pitched 2 innings in 6 years...

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, Burgold said:

Eh. It's a team effort. I often wonder why none of his coaches are catching some of this stuff also.

He/They need to be better overall when it comes to pitching. Even with the talent issues in the pen. They need at least a cheat-sheet to help them.

58 minutes ago, Burgold said:

His explanations for his moves makes me think he would mishandle a good bullpen. For a guy who is supposed to like analytics, his bullpen moves are old school in nature. No denying he was dealt a bad hand, but he bears are large chunk of responsibility for this mess

• Like 2

2 hours ago, skinswillwin06 said:

I realize this is random, but does anyone else remember when the Nats and Koda Glover were claiming he'd be back by opening day? Man this team is a joke when it comes to injury recovery times. 

I just assume he died, and stopped asking awhile back

• Haha 3

2 minutes ago, tara1013471 said:

Random question...

We are going to the game Wednesday night and I read somewhere you can take your own food into Nats Park. Is that true? Any experiences? What have you got in?

Yes, you can take any food you want to take inside as long as it is in clear-ish bags, and unopened water bottles (or you can take an empty water container and refill them at bottle filling stations). When I go with my daughter, I take in 2 one liter bottles of water, a bag of peanuts and pistachios, some food (generally fried chicken), and some snacks for my daughter. As long as you put it all in an approved bag, you should have. I problem getting through security. 

14 hours ago, tara1013471 said:

Random question...

We are going to the game Wednesday night and I read somewhere you can take your own food into Nats Park. Is that true? Any experiences? What have you got in?

From the Nationals Park Information Guide

Outside Food And Beverage
All food items must be contained in single serving bags within a soft-sided container or cooler that does not exceed 16"x16"x8". Metal, plastic or glass containers of any kind (except for clear, factory-sealed or empty, plastic water bottles, no larger than one liter, juice boxes, insulin containers, and baby food) are prohibited at Nationals Park. Only one water bottle per person will be permitted. See GUEST CONDUCT POLICY (Prohibited Items).

Whatever you can fit into a soft-sided cooler of the size stated is permitted.  One of the items prohibited by the guest conduct policy is alcohol not purchased at the park. 

Question:  I am taking my kid to the Braves game next Monday (as posted earlier, the Nats offered to let us watch BP on the field.  I just bought the cheapest tix I could find to get us in the park because she's 4 and I have to have her home by 8:45 or she'll turn into a werewolf.  Seats are section 228, but can I just roll into the Red Porch or whatever?  

3 minutes ago, PleaseBlitz said:

Question:  I am taking my kid to the Braves game next Monday (as posted earlier, the Nats offered to let us watch BP on the field.  I just bought the cheapest tix I could find to get us in the park because she's 4 and I have to have her home by 8:45 or she'll turn into a werewolf.  Seats are section 228, but can I just roll into the Red Porch or whatever?  

Yeah you can.  if you want to eat inside and get a table, you will have to wait. 

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, skinfan2k said:

Yeah you can.  if you want to eat inside and get a table, you will have to wait. 

What happens if you change "eat" and "inside" to "drink" and "outside"?

I also have to be there extremely early (4:15) for BP and presumably can go as soon as that's done.  

I honestly can't believe I've never gone to the Red Porch before.