Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Washington Nationals Thread: The Future is Near!

Riggo#44

Davey Martinez is ****ing retarded. 42 year old who pitched in both games of a doubleheader yesterday is brought in for a save the next day? The closer pitched in both games too. Managed with ZERO foresight yesterday and now it’s biting us in the ass. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Popeman38 said:

Davey Martinez is ****ing retarded. 42 year old who pitched in both games of a doubleheader yesterday is brought in for a save the next day? The closer pitched in both games too. Managed with ZERO foresight yesterday and now it’s biting us in the ass. 

I’m at the park asking the same question. Rodney should not be out there.

I say a fresh Guerra was a better option, but Davey probably figured bird in hand yesterday was better than saving something in the tank for today.  Tough situation and hard to sweep a four game series especially with a double header stuck in there.  Hopefully we can still pull this out.

12 minutes ago, bearrock said:

I say a fresh Guerra was a better option, but Davey probably figured bird in hand yesterday was better than saving something in the tank for today.  Tough situation and hard to sweep a four game series especially with a double header stuck in there.  Hopefully we can still pull this out.

I think that's where I am as well.  It's really easy to be the armchair manager from where we are, but with the first three already in hand, I think throwing out Guerra or Blazek and let them sink or swim was probably the route I'd go.   This isn't 1920, a 42 year old shouldn't be pitching this many times in so few hours.

• Like 2

Horrendous at bat from Adams. All he had to do was keep his bat on his shoulder. Davis can't find the zone and we're wasting it. 

Gotta love blowing an easy win before a series with the best team in baseball. I'd hate to have all of our progress this week erased in one series, but that's what I expect. 

54 minutes ago, Popeman38 said:

I agree that Rodney never should have been in--even if we lose with Guerra or Blazek (likely), the rest for Rodney was more important. However, he managed the games yesterday correctly. Secure the wins you have right now--worry about tomorrow tomorrow.

Edited by Riggo#44
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, skinfan2k said:

its not daveys fault.  we just dont have enough arms.  Rainey need to be that 8th inning guy. 

Not entirely, no. Stranding runners left and right early in the game didn't help. Max only going 5, Grace sucking, Sipp unable to get Murphy out. Poor calls and just bad luck in the 9th contributed. All of those are true, and the decision to bring Rodney is os still poor.

• Like 1

Im not a Davey guy but ****, the team stranded what? 6 runners in the first 3 inning?. The bullpen is still hot garbage aside from Doo. WTF is Davey supposed to do? There is no magical order that he can summon relievers and they’ll do well, they all ****ing suck. This is a Rizzo problem.  

• Like 1