Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Washington Nationals Thread: The Future is Near!

Riggo#44

With Jacob deGrom sidelined for a while, the natural move for the New York Mets would be to make Max Scherzer the Opening Day starting pitcher. In an ideal world, that’s what would happen. In this world, though, that’s not official — and we now know why.

Shortly after the extent of deGrom’s injury became public, New York manager Buck Showalter stopped short of declaring Scherzer as the Opening Day starter. So, what gives? As it turns out, Scherzer is dealing with an injury of his own.

Speaking on the Carton & Roberts show on WFAN, host Evan Roberts said that a source within the organization has told him that Scherzer is dealing with a hamstring injury.

https://thecomeback.com/mlb/max-scherzer-injury-reports-reaction-mets.html

Is it confirmed if Stras is now starting Friday?  ESPN shows Corbin as starting opening day, with Max now being scratched.

I'm tempted to jus stand pat versus going through the hellaish stubhub process of refunding so I can go to opening day instead. 

If Stras is not playing Friday (which is what it looks like), I'm not sure what I'm walking into, miss baseball, but could be walking into an unrecognizable ass kicking.

What a mess to start this season.

1 hour ago, Renegade7 said:

Is it confirmed if Stras is now starting Friday?  ESPN shows Corbin as starting opening day, with Max now being scratched.

I'm tempted to jus stand pat versus going through the hellaish stubhub process of refunding so I can go to opening day instead. 

If Stras is not playing Friday (which is what it looks like), I'm not sure what I'm walking into, miss baseball, but could be walking into an unrecognizable ass kicking.

On the positive side at Friday's game:

image.png.f2d1ef9e9ff4011245b408784fbb8c72.png

• Like 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 2

2 hours ago, Renegade7 said:

I don’t think Strasburg has been on track for opening day at all this spring training. He’s slowly ramping back up and has started throwing live bullpen, but the reports a couple weeks ago were that he was “weeks” behind and they’re trying to get like 20 starts out of him this year. Would put him on track to join the rotation mid May-June ish. 

• Sad 1

Ugh, goddammit. 

I'm about to Griffin'd all over again by Max.  Dude is never going to be healthy by time it's his turn to start in DC.

And of course stubhub couldn't give me a refund. So I'll be there Friday, Box 126, pm me if you going, too, and want to shoot the ****.

Current Baseball America Mock:

5. Nationals — Elijah Green, OF, IMG Academy, Bradenton, Fla.  

Scout’s Take: Green is by far the most athletic player in this draft and no one else is even close. He's struggled at times in the showcase format. However, in meaningful game competition he has excelled. He has the tools and skill to be the most dominant player out of this draft.

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, ixcuincle said:

Up 9-0 on Mets in last spring training tune up.

If you live out of market you can redeem free mlb.tv if you have t-mobile

13-0. A Keibert Stare and a Nellie Salami. It's a good day.

Edited by Riggo#44
  • Like 1

18 hours ago, Riggo#44 said:

Current Baseball America Mock:

5. Nationals — Elijah Green, OF, IMG Academy, Bradenton, Fla.  

Scout’s Take: Green is by far the most athletic player in this draft and no one else is even close. He's struggled at times in the showcase format. However, in meaningful game competition he has excelled. He has the tools and skill to be the most dominant player out of this draft.

Would be elated to land Elijah Green @ 5.    

• Like 1