Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Eagles vs Skins moved to 425 pm

hail2skins

Ughhh. My dad and i were Planning to go, and then get home by like 5:15 for a family Christmas dinner (for my brother and his fiancé and my sisters fiancé that all arrive here Friday and Sunday). Now that we found out the new start time, he wants to just go for the first half.....that’s not fun, if i go to a game i want to stay the WHOLE game....**** you NFL!!! 

Great.  They can blow us out with a bigger audience.

Sigh. I respect the effort yesterday against Tenn.  but now that there’s nothing to play for, I can’t imagi that there’s going to be a lot of motivation.  Also, it felt like they shot their last bullet last week.

This isn’t a shot at Jay in any way.  I just don’t think the team is going to have anything left in the tank.

The makeup of the crowd at FedEx is going to be pro-Eagles anyway, and I'm wondering if the later start time is just going to make it worse.

As of now, cheapest tickets including fees on Stubhub are $100 per, and it looks like there are a lot of club level tickets along with upper level seats at that price point. Also noticed there are a LOT of club seats for resale on the Skins website. 

I'm pretty sure the networks decision wasn't based on us playing the spoiler role versus could the Eagles sneak back in the playoffs after having to kick our ass first.  

Really, I think they are just doing what they gotta do to make sure teams that need wins aren't looking at the scoreboard or checking out finding out they got eliminated right at kickoff.

Lol so this eagles fan on twitter keeps trying to tell me that they’ll eliminate us next week. Even though I have repeatedly explained to the guy that we already got eliminated, therefore they can’t eliminate a team that has already BEEN eliminated. 

Im thinking the twitter account is a troll account or some bot, cause like....how much easier do i have to explain it??? 😂😂😂

4 hours ago, petey hodge said:

It would be somewhat refreshing if we could spoil it for the Eagles with both the 1) Redskins... and 2) Kurt "Klutch" Cousins nailing it shut with Minne

Well, with Seattle wrapping up a spot last night, its pretty much the Vikings who have control of their own destiny. Chicago has the outside shot at the #2 seed, and will come to play, but it would suck for an Eagles fan to make the trek down here, win the game, only to be eliminated at the same time by a Vikings win. What would be worse (or sweet for Skins fans) is if Minnesota loses, but the Skins somehow pull off a last second win!

4 hours ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

Lol so this eagles fan on twitter keeps trying to tell me that they’ll eliminate us next week. Even though I have repeatedly explained to the guy that we already got eliminated, therefore they can’t eliminate a team that has already BEEN eliminated. 

Im thinking the twitter account is a troll account or some bot, cause like....how much easier do i have to explain it??? 😂😂😂

Hes an eagles fan...so 90% chance hes not that smart. You may have to e plain it to him with pictures done in crayon 

11 hours ago, hail2skins said:

The makeup of the crowd at FedEx is going to be pro-Eagles anyway, and I'm wondering if the later start time is just going to make it worse.

-- extra time for the Iggles fans to get boozed up....rooting for Kirk and the Vikings, but hoping we knock them out on our own.

2 hours ago, MarkB452 said:

-- extra time for the Iggles fans to get boozed up....rooting for Kirk and the Vikings, but hoping we knock them out on our own.

Yep, would love if we kept them out ourselves. The stadium will no doubt be showing the score of the Vikings game throughout our game as well. Remember the final home game in 2010, against the giants, when they needed someone else to win + they needed to beat us, for a playoff spot? FedEx field showed the final score and the whole stadium cheered SOOO loudly 😂😂😂 i remember a few giants players whining about how “disrespectful” that was 

11 hours ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

So as far as Flex Scheduling is concerned, a game is considered to have playoff implications, even if it's just for one team ?

I mean obviously and technically just having 1 team in it counts. But to count enough that it would bring enough viewership for expanded TV coverage ?

Every game with playoff implications will start at the same time to avoid teams from benching or laying off the gas. 

13 hours ago, Renegade7 said:

I'm pretty sure the networks decision wasn't based on us playing the spoiler role versus could the Eagles sneak back in the playoffs after having to kick our ass first.  

Really, I think they are just doing what they gotta do to make sure teams that need wins aren't looking at the scoreboard or checking out finding out they got eliminated right at kickoff.

This is exactly why the game was flexed.

Archived