Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Audi Field to Host Washington DC Defenders XFL Team in 2020

Ron78

What Will You Do To Support the XFL Franchise in DC?  

55 members have voted

1. 1. What Will You Do To Support the XFL Franchise in DC?

• Attend games at Audi Field
    • Watch games at home or in sports bars
    • I will not support this team

AAF was an okay league for me, but two things killed it: 1. The QBs sucked and with no offense, there was no excitement. 2. After the first week or two, they pushed it all to cable. I don't have cable subscriptions, so if it isn't on TV, I don't watch it.

With just this one game to go off of so far, I think they've got potential for a good foothold. Without the turnovers, this would be a very competitive game now. I'll make time to tune in.

2 minutes ago, KDawg said:

The FOX production is already so much better than the ABC/ESPN package. Wow.

Fox really just does it so much more naturally. ABC feels stiff. Part of it is the commentator, but Fox's bread and butter is Nascar and football. They know how to put on a game.

Houston off to a good start, but the field audio sounds like it's from Madden 96.

• Haha 1

over on the other game the announcer just called the Roughnecks the Renegades

over on the other game the announcer just called the Roughnecks the Renegades

so, by my count the XFL has scored 8 TDs, and only two successful conversions

Attendance for Defenders was 17163.

By comparison, attendance for AAF week one:

San Antonio 27857

Orlando 20191

Birmingham 17039

Arizona 15000

DC, Orlando, and Arizona, of course, have competing winter major league sports.  Be curious to see what the attendance is at the other venues this weekend.....Dallas seats 25K, Houston 40K, and NY 80K. 

Another interesting thing is that I was under the impression that the games were going to be shorter in duration than NFL games. I had to stop watching the Defenders game at about 4:45, so didn't the game wind up going to close to 3 hours?

Edited by hail2skins

The way the XFL is handling reviews is LIGHT YEARS ahead of the NFL.  The NFL has to steal this from them.

I mean we can hear the guys in the booth talking to the ref on the field about what they are seeing.  And just now on the FOX game they showed us the guy in the booth and what he was looking at as he was talking.  Oh, and they can review illegal hits and what not too, which is awesome so that BS calls won't be upheld anymore.

Overall I'm liking the changes in rules so far and the speed of this game is actually faster than I thought it would be.  It's faster than college for sure.  

• Like 2

2 hours ago, NickyJ said:

AAF was an okay league for me, but two things killed it: 1. The QBs sucked and with no offense, there was no excitement. 2. After the first week or two, they pushed it all to cable. I don't have cable subscriptions, so if it isn't on TV, I don't watch it.

With just this one game to go off of so far, I think they've got potential for a good foothold. Without the turnovers, this would be a very competitive game now. I'll make time to tune in.

I disagree that the AAF QBs sucked - some of them did for sure but I remember 2 or 3 of them were really good - if I remember Salt Lake and I think Orlando had a really good passing attack.   And the Birmingham Iron were all about running and defense.  Teams were really starting to establish their identities before that jerkoff pulled the plug.  

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, @SkinsGoldPants said:

Enjoyed the game. Hopefully people are patient as they work out the kinks and teams get experience together. 

I think Vince will be. He's got money to burn so no need to see instant results as far as revenues go. If play like today continues I think the XFL has a chance this go around.

I thought PJ Walker played well. I could see Rhule bringing him to the Panthers as a backup.